Reported by Cat Buckles
FRAZIER PARK, Calif. (Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2008 at 2:30 p.m.) — On Monday, Aug. 4, Priya Sen, 8 suffered fatal injuries in a single car accident on the Interstate 5, just …
LEBEC (Monday, August 4, 2008 at 10:30 a.m.) — According to Santana from Santana’s Pumping & Plumbing, water service was restored at about 2 p.m. on Friday, August 1.
LEBEC (Friday, August 1 at 12:28 …
By Coach Tim Garcia
The way the Frazier Mountain High School Falcon Football coaches see it, the unity within a team is just as significant as their talent. How the players come together as a …
By Charlotte Van Houten
Hi, my name is Charlotte Van Houten and I’m nine and a half years old. I played the Duke of Ephesus in the Mountain Shakespeare Festival production of “The Comedy of …
At 11:42 a.m. Tuesday, July 29 many in the Mountain Communities felt a twisting jolt that was unmistakable.
By Megan Blaney, San Bernardino County PIO
According to the U.S. Geologic Survey, a 5.4 earthquake—first reported …
A wild chase on the Interstate 5 on Friday, July 25 led Fort Tejon’s California Highway Patrol officers into hot pursuit of an unlikely driver. Witnesses reported a very short white male, appearing to be …
By Patric Hedlund with reporting by Frances Durocher and Edie Stafford
Pine Mountain has won the right to vote on a historic measure in the November general election. If two-thirds of those voting agree to ...
—the music, mischief, great food, big laughs, old friends, new friends and wide visions—that binds our mountain people together to remind us who we are and what we share
By Patric Hedlund, Editor, The Mountain ...
By Kitty Jo Nelson
How it all began
In 1965, when our family moved to the mountains, there were two retired doctors available a few hours a day. No pharmacy. No clinic. There was a ...
Candidates for local offices to be included on the November 4 general election ballot have until Friday, Aug. 8 to file their intent to run with the Kern County Elections Office. You must file in ...
Six-Year Incumbent Seeks Another Term By Patric Hedlund
There is still time, but just barely. If you want to help govern the most powerful public institution on the mountain, you have until Friday, Aug. 8 ...
Calendar and Announcements
- The Mountain Ride: Carpools Needed August 1, 2008
- Confessions of a Gasaholic: Fiesta Days Booth, Vanpool to Ventura Organizing
- High Country Gardener: Root Crops Can’t Be…Beet
- Ask Moesha: Patriotic Porcine
- ‘Back to School’ Clothes Project Offers Vouchers
- Run to the Pines Antique Car Show
- Mommy and Me Brunch Brainstorm Tuesday, Aug. 5
- History of Water, Mines and Forests Explored Aug. 2
- Forest Service Invites Public to View Hazard Reduction
- Stay Warm, Save Money: Wood Pellet Co-op Forms
- Earthquake Preparedness Tips Issued by Firefighters: Part I
- Enterprise on the Road: Max Williams and Chuck Schroeder at Jade Cove, California
- Last Two Weekends For ‘Under the Stars’
- Part Two: Tejon Castac Board Says ‘Water Is No Problem’