SMOKEY BEAR ROAD (Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 6:35 p.m.)—At 6:15 p.m. California Highway Patrol reported that all lanes were clear and open. Traffic is expected to return to normal once congestion clears.
SMOKEY BEAR ROAD …
By Patric Hedlund Pine Mountain (Saturday, June 19, 3:30 p.m., with updates/corrections from The Inspectors of Elections June, 22)—Four reform candidates swept the elections for the new Pine Mountain Club Property Owners Association board of …
Imagination and talent have been the only predictable factors in The Dance Studio’s annual recitals for 32 years. Now Jamie Roberts, owner of the Frazier Park school that has mentored three generations, says the studio …
By Patric Hedlund
Anthony Jerome Laws, Sr., of Bakersfield, has been arrested for robbery at knifepoint of a Mobil station in Grapevine off the Interstate-5. It was a Lebec AM/PM station manager, Ginger Fowler, whose …
It is said that “success has a thousand fathers, while failure is an orphan,” so it is no wonder that many claims are placed to the founding of the successful concept of Father’s Day in …
- Lori Murphy is June’s Artist of the Month at Work of Heart Gallery (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
- Donated auction items sought for Simba Roberts benefit on June 26 (242-2931 or …
UPDATE Fort Tejon, Lebec (Monday June 21, 2010, 7:40 p.m.)—The fire near Fort Tejon was held to 40 acres and has been contained, according to Kern County Fire Department Public Information Officer Sean Collins. No ...
FRAZIER PARK, CALIFORNIA (Saturday, June 19, 2010, 2:30 p.m.)–A wildfire just over a mile north from Kern County Fire Station 57, in the shooting range area, was quickly brought under control today by fire crews....
On June 16 Tejon Ranch said it raised $60 million through a subscription plan at $23 per share offered to existing shareholders. A total of 2,608,735 new shares of common stock were issued. The statement ...
This June 4 report provides additional detail about the life and death of 2003 Frazier Mountain High School graduate, Tyler Tompkins. A memorial for him was held at Cuddy Hall this month.
By Sabra ...
The Kern County Grand Jury has issued a report which commends the South West Health Care District (SWHCD) for its service to the community.
The Health, Education and Social Services Committee of the Grand Jury ...
By Mike Cram
The legendary local musician Kwan Hearns will be performing his eclectic style of music to benefit the Frazier Park Boys & Girls Club on Saturday, June 19 at 7 p.m.
If the talent of Kwan Hearns is one of the great treasures of the mountain, the Boys & Girls Club is another. The vivacious people who work there create a fun, loving and healthy ...
- Congratulations Frazier Mountain High School Class of 2010
- Senior Awards Banquet Shows Mountain’s Support of Excellence
- Gorman End of School Program Was Quite a Rumpus
Calendar and Announcements
- Frazier Water to Shut Off Monday Night, June 21
- 9th Annual Customer Appreciation Day
- Los Padres National Forest to Offer ‘Fee Free’ Days
- Sunshine and Wine in the Pines
- Groundbreaking Held for School Building Project
- Heart Beats: The Dance Studio Says Goodbye
- Stories about Social Security Sought
- Community Gardens, Dark Skies, Wind Energy in Kern County Zoning Changes
- Rattler Alert
- Research Matters
- To Our Readers
- Oak Tree Massacre I
- Oak Tree Massacre II
- Oak Tree Massacre III
- Celebrate Simba