A unanimous vote by the Kern County Board of Supervisors May 11 certified the proposal by Frank Arciero, Jr.’s Fallingstar Homes for the 557-home Frazier Park Estates project in Lebec.
For some who had fought …
Lilac Festival is this weekend, May 15- 16. This is our mountain’s favorite rite of spring—the celebration after the snows are finally cleared from the roads and flowers start blooming again without getting frostbite. The …
Candlelight Vigil to Protest Destruction of ‘Pauley Pavilion’ by Commercial Center Board By Bent Fredriksen An ad hoc organization, The Pine Mountain Vigilance Committee, has announced with flyers posted throughout Pine Mountain that they will …
By Gary Meyer
If you never want to read of another drug emergency at the high school or about weekend party deaths and overdoses, you can be a part of the solution. An estimated 6,000 …
By Patric Hedlund, Gary Meyer, Chuck Noble and community reporters
A major operation was conducted at the Cause 4 Cats facility in Lebec on May 6. A convoy of vehicles occupied Circle Drive, including Kern …
By Patric Hedlund
It was a perfect day for a ride across mountain meadows through fields of wildflowers Saturday, May 8. Malibu contractor Michael Zacha finished the West Hills Hounds hunt club’s new kennels and …
Use of 2006-08 ASB Funds for Alcohol, Golf Cart, Facility Repair Called ‘Questionable’
By Patric Hedlund
“Kids raised the money and then the money was used for other purposes,“ said El Tejon Unified School District …
“No accountability” and “poor money handling” by the high school principal and the advisor to the Associated Student Body (ASB) led to disarray in student accounts for the years 2006-07 and 2007-08, said Nick Onyshko, …
- Preschool Story Time is every Saturday at 2 p.m. at FP Library, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way.
- Donations of prom dresses and tuxedos being collected for Community Closet at Believe Thrift Store …
By Gary Meyer
Who says you can’t touch stuff at the museum? On Saturday, May 8, kids were cutting things, squirting glue, sticking fur on it and generally making quite a mess—all so each could ...
Senior Water Operator for Frazier Park Public Utilities District Cheryl Mackey found love and reunions in the wake of tragedy. At a benefit Saturday, May 8 (to raise funds for the funeral of her daughter, ...
Are Your Smoke Alarms Working?
An early morning fire at a California Trail house in Frazier Park on Monday, May 12 could have turned deadly, but quick action from a sheriff’s deputy and the Kern ...
By Sarah Robinson
The Pine Mountain Learning Center students are collecting “Pennies for Peace.” Their big push will wrap up at this weekend’s Lilac Festival.
Collection jars have been placed from Pine Mountain to Lebec....
Calendar and Announcements
- Poker for Shakespeare
- Compassion Film Night to Feature Local Filmmaker
- Sign Up for the 2010 Search and Rescue Golf Tournament
- Blow Harder! Bubble Gum Thunder
- Dinner Theater Offers Sampler of Mountain Culture
- Rivette Earns Bachelor’s
- Delmos Completes Basic Training
- MAC To Present Survey Results and Set Goals
- Dance Team Victories
- Girl Scouts’ Car Wash A Success
- Selling Alcohol To Minors Wins Arrests in Kern
- FFA Learns To Be Leaders
- Alpine Lumber & Mercantile Holds Barbecue for Meet-the-Owners Celebration
- OpEds: ‘Li-Lack’ Festival Changes Spur Public Outcry: Where Are the Ponies, Mommy?
- OpEds: ‘Li-Lack’ Festival Changes Spur Public Outcry: Small Group Hurts Community Kids
- OpEds: ‘Li-Lack’ Festival Changes Spur Public Outcry: Why All the Changes to Tradition?
- Festival Coordinators Reply