GOLETA, Calif., Tues., Oct. 23— In conjunction with the Cleveland, San Bernardino, and Angeles National Forest, Los Padres National Forest Supervisor Peggy Hernandez today announced, that as a result of current extreme fire activity in …
Report and Photo by Gary Meyer
An employee of Pacific Custom Materials (also known as TXI) in Lockwood Valley was airlifted from the plant just before noon on Wednesday, Oct. 17. The name of the …
The same day that state officials signed an unprecedented accord that could increase the flow of goods transported in big rigs along the Golden State Freeway (Interstate 5) from Southern to Northern California, 30 big …
Report and Photos by Patric Hedlund
Mists and mysteries surrounded those who joined Wind Wolves Preserve Saturday, Oct. 13 to celebrate the life-changing transformations that being close to Nature can bring.
Over 10 years, …
SANTA CLARITA, CA (Thursday, Aug. 9, 2017)—Two years of construction work has begun on 15.8 miles of Interstate 5 through Castaic and Santa Clarita. The I-5 work area extends from a half-mile south of State …
Of the more than 75 bills signed by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger last week, many will have direct impact on the lives of those who live in the Mountain Communities. Over the next few weeks, we ...
Experts Report at Public Forum Tuesday, 7 p.m.
By Linda MacKay
How significant is the air pollution in our region? How does our air compare to the air quality of the Los Angeles and San ...
October 9, 2007 Dear Editor:
The Mountain Communities Town Council (MCTC) is asking organizations in our area to partner with us in requesting the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District to provide an air ...
By Kat Fair
Many surprises promise to greet the valiant visitors to the third annual Haunted House offered by the Frazier Mountain High School Drama Club on Saturday, Oct. 27.
Tours through the abandoned buildings ...
The thrills and chills of Halloween Spooktaculars are lining up to amuse playful spirits of all ages this month.
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow Fall Festival begins at 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 20 at Tait ...
By Cat Buckles
Are you ready for a ghostly tale involving both the competition for love’s fair hand and the vision of a Hessian trooper’s nightly ride in quest of his missing head?
This weekend, ...
Calendar and Announcements
- Always Thoughtful
- Services Held for Jim Wainright
- Gorman School District Election Is November 6
- Heavy Traffic On the Way
- El Tejon Unified School District Attendance Declines
- Lebec Brothers Take Top Honors at Film Festival
- Family Pride Boosts Team to Focus, Success
- Family Resource Center Is ‘One Stop Shop’ for Family and Community Services
- Car Flies 500 Feet Off Road
- West Nile Cases Still Increasing
- Community Band Explores Universal Language
- It’s Warm Fuzzies Over Peaches at PMLC
- Pine Mountain Learning Center Among State’s First Certified Charter Schools
- Lost Hunters Found Near LOW
- Details of Tourism Promotion Grants Explained