For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, November 30, 2018
• Frazier Mountain Little League Early-Bird registration is available in Pine Mountain Club today, 5–7 p.m. at Basecamp (16311 Askin Dr., PMV) and in Frazier Park Saturday, Dec. 1, 12–6 p.m. at the Holiday Faire. See ad on page 3 for more dates in December.
Saturday, December 1, 2018
• The Mountain Communities Holiday Faire is noon–6 p.m. in downtown Frazier Park. Vendors, food, free entertainment, games, contests and a drawing are all part of the fun. Santa and his elves will check out those Christmas wish lists. The Tree Lighting Ceremony is at sundown (about 5:15 p.m.) and the Fantasy of Lights Parade is 5:30 p.m. See ad on page 2 for more information about this local holiday tradition.
• The 5th Annual Craft Flaire at Artworks Community Gallery opens today, 12–4 p.m., and is open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, 12–4 p.m. through December 30. A reception for community members to meet the artisans is next Saturday, Dec. 8 at 5 p.m. at the gallery (16233 Pine Valley Lane, Pine Mountain Village).
• The “grand lighting” of the Christmas Light Show in Pine Mountain Village is 6 p.m. As part of the festivities there will be free hot chocolate, cookies and candy canes at Mountain Properties (16229 Askin Dr.) from 5-7 p.m. The spectacle of lights and music will happen nightly, running every 20 minutes from 6–10 p.m., throughout December.
Sunday, December 2, 2018
• A festive ‘Community Christmas Musicale’ is Saturday, Dec. 1, 6–8 p.m. at the LDS Frazier Park ward (6241 Frazier Mt. Park Road, LOW). It will feature Christmas music performed by different groups from around the mountain.
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
• The Toys for Tots and Gifts for Teens deadline is today to register a child to receive gifts. Call the Mountain Communities Family Resource Center for details (661.245.4303) and go in person to sign up, between 8:30 a.m.–12 p.m. or 1–4 p.m. Community members, you are invited to donate new, unwrapped gifts in Toys for Tots boxes around town up until Sunday, Dec. 16.
• Get into the holiday mood with a proper Yuletide Tea, 2 p.m. at Ridge Route Communities Museum. Call 661.245.7747 to reserve your spot at the table for scones, finger sandwiches and all those other yummy tea trappings. The cost is $15.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• AARP’s Christmas-themed potluck luncheon is Thursday, Dec. 6 at 11:45 in the Senior Room of the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. Members and guests are invited. Main dishes will be provided and we will all bring our favorite side dish, salad or dessert. Bring your plate and fork and joy and be merry. Christmas music will be provided by George and friends. If you don’t bring a dish, there is a $5 fee.
• Those following the Wildlife Corridor proposal: Ventura County has postponed their planning commission meeting originally scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 6, in light of the recent shooting and wildfire affecting so many in the county. It will be rescheduled sometime after the beginning of 2019. See item on page 16 of the print edition.
• The PMC Guitar Society hosts legendary guitarist Brad Rabuchin for their Home Concert series, Saturday, Dec. 8, 4 p.m. at 2316 Crestwood Court (off Askin Drive, across from the basketball courts). Rabuchin has played with Bonnie Raitt, Stevie Wonder, Willie Nelson, Tom Jones, and spent five years across six continents as the last guitarist with Ray Charles. $10 donation (suggested, not required) helps fund next year’s GuitarFest on the Greens. To RSVP, use the contact form at the bottom of the homepage at PMCGuitarSociety.com.
• The L.A Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing about Tejon Ranch Company’s Centennial Project Tuesday, Dec. 11, 9:30 a.m. in Room 381B of the Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration (500 W. Temple St., Los Angeles 90012). Interested parties will be given an opportunity to testify. The 20-year Centennial plan projects 19,333 homes (60-70,000 residents) and over 10 million square feet of commercial / industrial space along SR138 between Gorman and Neenach.
• Pet portraits with Santa Claus will be available Thursday, Dec. 13, 10 a.m.–11:30 at the Shelter on the Hill Animal Care Center (879 Lebec Road, Lebec). Bring your pet for a festive photo snapped by Bettina Monique Photography, for a donation of $10 cash.
• Wreaths Across America Day is observed at Bakersfield National Cemetery (30338 E. Bear Mountain Blvd., Arvin) Saturday, Dec. 15. The ceremony will begin at 8:50 a.m., and family members are welcome to place wreaths on grave sites of loved ones beginning at 7:30 a.m., where Boy Scouts, Young Marines and Civil Air Patrol, along with other volunteer groups, will be in attendance to assist families.
Frazier Park Library
Hours: Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Fri.-Sat. 9-5
3732 Park Drive, FP— 661-245-1267
Friday, Nov. 30
•9 a.m. Color Me Happy
•1 p.m. Women’s Bible study
Saturday, Dec. 1
•9 a.m. Yoga
•10 a.m. Science Saturday: Engines
•1 p.m. Writers on the Hill workshop
Tuesday, Dec. 4
•11:30 a.m. Storytime
•3:30 p.m. LEGO-Mania Club
Wed., Dec. 5
•11 a.m. Quilting & Crafts
•3:30 p.m. Chess Club
•5 p.m. Ukulele Jam
Thursday, Dec. 6
•Noon–1 p.m. Meditation
•1 p.m.–2 p.m. Tai Chi
•3:30 p.m. Barks & Books
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
12:30–4 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
• Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
First, Second and Third Wednesday
•Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. at The Ranch House, Gorman. Call D. Turner 661.245.1882
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Cal. Veteran Assistance Foundation at the Family Resource Center, 9–11 a.m.
Call 661.245.4303 to confirm
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Personal computer coaching 11:30 a.m. FP Library (245.1267)
•E-Reader help. Call for appt. Frazier Park Library 661.245.1267
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Noon meditation at Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, PMC; Good to call to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, grades 8–12, meets at the Activity Center, 5 p.m. 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue
6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park
Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (661.245.3995)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•AARP potluck meeting 12 noon at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse. 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 7 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours are 3–4 p.m. at the Family Resource Center (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park)
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•State Senator Jean Fuller’s mobile office hours are 3–5 p.m. at the Family Resource Ctr,
3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP (appt: 661.323.0443)
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 7–9 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Pet Food Giveaway 9–11 a.m. at Shelter on the Hill Thrift Store parking lot, 3536 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•NEW! Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (245.4303)
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building,
1001 Coldwater Drive.
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 7:30 a.m. 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #H, LOW
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the November 30, 2018 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.