October and Ongoing
- 7-Week Course in Parenting for Peace at the Family Resource Center meeting room in Frazier Park. Saturdays 10 a.m. to noon, with tuition on a sliding scale. More info: 242-2479.
- Lisa Robertson Memorial Dance Scholarship offered by In the Wings Studio of Dance to families in need of assistance. The deadline for application is Friday, Oct. 7 and the scholarship program will run from October 17 through June 2012. Questions please call 661-478-4241.
- Work of HeArt Gallery Artist of the month is Sue Alberti, Deborah Angel, Kate Donahue, Donna Allison, PJ Farrell, Leisa Johnson and Mary Kelly-Stobert. Enjoy their work at the gallery through October (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park, open 11-3 Fri., Sat., Sun.)
- YesterYear plays live at La Sierra on Fridays, 3500 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park from 6-9 p.m.
- Bandit plays live at La Sierra on Tuesdays, 3500 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park from 6-9 p.m.
Thursday, September 29
- Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce Mixer includes Live Local Survey Results at 5:30 p.m. at Beale Adobe. Appetizers and beverages provided, free to attend donations greatly appreciated. More info call the Chamber office at 245-1212.
Friday, September 30
- Picture Day at Frazier Park School call the school for more details 245-3312.
- Coconut Grove Dinner and show features Sandy Browne with Jackstone Revue and special guest Joe Croyle plays live at Pine Mountain Club Condor Lounge. More info call 242-3788.
- DJ Joy live at Sue’s Tavern 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park at 9 p.m. No cover charge.
Saturday, October 1
- 11th Annual Street Painting/Chalk Art Festival at the Coffee Cantina is 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Reserve spaces ($15/$30) at Cantina 3011 Mt. Pinos Way or call 245-3166.
- Kittens Available for Adoption will be shown in front of the Frazier Park Post Office, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mountain Communities SPCA. Fore more info, call Becky 245-3398.
- Award winning photographer Liz Buchroeder is guest speaker at the Condor group of the Sierra Club meeting featuring Mystical Mount Pinos and other natural wonders. Potluck starts at 6:30 p.m. at Pine Mountain Clubhouse. More info call Mary Ann 242-0432.
- Meet Jewelry Artist Sue Alberti, Deborah Angel, Kate Donahue, Donna Allison, PJ Farrell, Leisa Johnson and Mary Kelly-Stobert at the Artist of the month opening reception, 7 p.m. at the Work of HeArt Gallery, 3011 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. All are welcome, free.
- Yesteryear plays live at Pine Mountain Club Condor Lounge from 7-11 p.m.
- Touch plays live at Sue’s Tavern 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, FP at 9 p.m. No cover charge.
Sunday, October 2
- Retreat Day at Jizo Peace Center is from 11:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Includes mediation, potluck lunch, ceremonies, yoga, Deeksha and prayer at 2012 Pioneer Way, Pine Mountain. Suggested donation $10 for yoga. More info call 242-6956.
Wednesday, October 5
- Mommy & Me Field Trip to Green Dragon Garden meet at the Family Resource Center parking lot 10 a.m. Wear grubby clothes. Call Crystal at 245-4303 for more details.
Thursday, October 6
- Last Day Frazier Park Branch Library located on Mt. Pinos Way will be open. New Library on Park Drive opening is Oct. 22.
- AARP Potluck Meetings hosts guest speaker Rafferty Yao of Star World Home Health Care Services returns and representative from Valley Hospice at 12 noon at Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. Please bring your own tableware.
- Public Scoping Meeting for Next Era’s Portal Ridge Wind Turbine Development Environmental Impact Review will be held at the Lancaster Public Library, 601 West Lancaster Blvd. Ca., 93534 5:30-7:30 p.m. See link to notice at www.MountainEnterprise.com.
Saturday, October 8
- Fundraiser Yard Sale for the Vine Pregnancy Center from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. at 6321 Glendale Trail, Frazier Park. More info call 245-2002.
- Car Wash Fundraiser for Frazier Mountain High School Baseball at The Mountain Enterprise, 3341 Los Padres (across the street from Ace Hardware) from 9 a.m.-12 noon.
- Texas Hold’em Poker Tourney, a Booster Club benefit for the Frazier Mountain High School Sports Programs, registration is 6 p.m. Tournament starts at 7 p.m. at Cuddy Hall; $50 buy-in. For more info call Lisa 248-6406. Come support your kids’ sports!
- Bunky Spurling plays live at Pine Mountain Club Condor Lounge from 7-11 p.m.
Wednesday, October 12
- Mommy & Me Field Trip to Lombardi Ranch will meet at the Family Resource Center at 9:30 a.m. FRC is paying for admission. Call Crystal at 245-4303 for more details.
Friday, October 14
- Pine Mountain Town Hall Meeting presents “Starry, Starry Night” with amateur astronomer Dick Buma. He will show stunning astrophotography taken from his Pine Mountain observatory at 7 p.m. in the Pine Mountain Clubhouse Condor Room. All are welcome, free.
Saturday, October 15
- Winter Sweep Meet is 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at the VFW Hall 616 Canada Trail behind Don’s Liquor and Gas Market. To take a booth, call Dee at 245-1554 or DiAnn 245-3006.
- Hike Along Cerro Noroeste Road, between the towns of Maricopa and Frazier Park, from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Space is limited, so interested parties email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pine Mountain Rockettes perform during intermission at the Condor’s opening night at Rabobank Arena in Bakersfield. For tickets, contact Heather Waites at 242-3340.
- Neely plays live at 7 p.m. at the Work of HeArt Gallery 3011 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. Suggested donation is $15.
- American Fossil plays live at Pine Mountain Club Condor Lounge from 7-11 p.m.
- American Rocks plays live at Sue’s Tavern 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, FP at 9 p.m. No cover charge.
Monday, October 17
- AARP Day Trip to Silver City Ghost Town in Kern County. Meet at the Flying J at 10 a.m. For carpooling and more info call 245-1782.
Wednesday, October 19
- Mommy & Me Pumpkin Carving fun is 10 a.m.-12 noon at the Family Resource Center 5 Day Weather Forecast Call Crystal at 245-4303 for more details. Please bring your own pumpkin.
This is part of the September 30, 2011 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.