July and Ongoing
- Junior Falcons Football Club practice at Frazier Mountain Park Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday at 4:30 p.m. All 3rd-8th graders are welcome. For info call Roger at 661-805-1250
- Work of HeArt Gallery Artist of the month is Gigi Nommensen. Enjoy her work at the gallery through July (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
- YesterYear plays live at La Sierra on Fridays, 3500 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park from 6-9 p.m.
- Bandit plays live at La Sierra on Tuesdays, 3500 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park from 6-9 p.m.
Friday, August 5
- 44th Annual Fiesta Days in Frazier Mountain Park. Crafts, vendors, food, carnival and games. Pet Show and Battle of the Bands.
- Riff Raff plays live at Sue’s Tavern, 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park at 9 p.m.
Saturday, August 6
- Saturday Morning Walker’s Club a new walking group for beginners will meet from 7–8 a.m. meet at the Frazier Mountain Park community center. Call 245-2558 for more info. •
- 44th Annual Fiesta Days in Frazier Mountain Park. Crafts, vendors, food, carnival and more. VFW Pancake Breakfast opens at 7 a.m. Parade begins at 10 a.m. through downtown Frazier Park. Family games and entertainment throughout the day.
- Toxic Roundup at Lebec Transfer Station, 300 Landfill Rd. from 9 a.m.- 12 noon.
- Dragoon Era 1850s Reenactment at Fort Tejon, Frontier Army Days is 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. Fun for the whole family. . $5/adults, 17 and under free. See www.forttejon.org
- New Liberty plays live at Reyes Creek Bar & Grill, 26905 Scheideck Road starting at 8 p.m.
- Cherry and the Bull Dogz plays live at Sue’s Tavern, 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park at 9 p.m.
- Free Outdoor Screening of the Trost Brothers Film The FP is 9:30 p.m. at Tait Ranch 3344 Frazier Mountain Park Rd. Trost filmmakers and actors will be in attendance. All are welcome. Bring blankets, camp chairs and your own snacks and water as there is no concession stand or searing.
Sunday, August 7
- 44th Annual Fiesta Days in Frazier Park. Crafts, vendors, food, carnival and games. Fishing Derby begins at 6 a.m., VFW pancake breakfast opens 7 a.m. Log Sawing at 11 a.m. Horseshoes at 1 p.m.
- Mama’s Kitchen plays live at Sue’s Tavern, 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park at 3 p.m.
Monday, August 8
- Free whooping cough (pertussis) immunizations for infants to age 18 is 9:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. at Frazier Park School. These are necessary for school registration this year. Bring your immunization card with you. Call 661-623-0356 for information.
Wednesday, August 10
- California School Employees Representative will be available to answer questions at 4 p.m. at El Tejon School. Barbecue starts at 5 p.m. hotdogs are $1. School Board Meeting is 7 p.m.
Thursday, August 11
- State Senator Jean Fuller is guest speaker at the Rotary Club meeting at 6 p.m. at Los Pinos Restaurant in Lebec. Dinner is $10, no cost to come and listen. Bring any questions. All are welcome.
Friday, August 12
- Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s mobile office hours are 10-11 a.m. at the Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. For an appointment call Vince at 661-327-3611.
- Pine Mountain Town Hall Meeting guest speaker is the fun and exciting Naturalist For You Joel Robinson at 7 p.m. in the Pine Mountain Club Condor Room. All are welcome, free.
Saturday, August 13
- 14th Annual Run to the Pines Car Show is 9 a.m. in Pine Mountain Village Center. YesterYear plays live from 11 a.m -3 p.m. at the gazebo. For more info call Brenda Gordon at 661-242-9000 or www.pmcruntothepines.com
- Mountain Communities Health Fair is 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Shepherd of the Mountains Lutheran Church, 6700 Lakewood Drive, LOW. Your chance for free mammograms (call Jeannette Tropia, 245-1952). Adult blood tests available.
- The Golden Days of Spain Renaissance Faire at Tait Ranch in Frazier Park is August 13-14 and 20-21. Enjoy food, games, fun, music and more. (See pg. 4 The Mountain Pioneer)
*BoxCar 7 plays live at Concert on the Greens Golf Course in Pine Mountain Club from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Gigi Nommensen Artist of the Month opening reception is 7 p.m. at the Work of HeArt Gallery, 3011 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. Refreshments and snacks will be served.
- Bobby Kidd or Saint Annes Place plays live at Reyes Creek Bar & Grill, 26905 Scheideck Road starting at 8 p.m.
Wednesday, August 17
- First Day of School for the El Tejon Unified School District
Friday, August 19
- Center of the World Festival Opening Night features storytelling for all ages and Native American lore, star stories, video film fest, playwright competition finalists introduced—7-10 p.m. at Pine Mountain Village gazebo. Come for the fun, bring your friends! Donations accepted. Info: 661-242-1583
Saturday, August 20
- Pancake Breakfast to kick off sports season at Frazier Mountain High School cafeteria 7-10 a.m. $5. sponsored by FMHS Booster Club.
- Naturalist Offers Guided Hikes to Center of the World: Mount Pinos. Meet at Pine Mountain Clubhouse parking lot. Difficulty: Moderate. 9-11:30 a.m. RSVP and more info call 714-649*9084 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free Dog and Cat Food offered by the Mountain Communities SPCA to families in financial need between 10 a.m.-12 noon behind the Frazier Park Post Office.
- Civil War Reenactments at Fort Tejon State Historic Park. Public invited to come view, in Lebec (Fort Tejon exit from Interstate 5). See www.forttejon.org
- Michi’s Magic Bookshelve Craft Club is 1 p.m. at Pine Mountain Mercantile in Pine Mountain Village. Fun includes making cowboy hats out of newspaper.
- Center of the World Festival Playwright Competition, double feature 1:30-3:30, 7:30-10 p.m. You vote for the winners. Open to all, bring your friends to Pine Mountain Village gazebo! Donations accepted. Info: 661-242-1583\
- Condor Group Picnic Meeting at top of Cerro Noroeste. Potluck at 6 p.m. please bring a dish to share ( bring something cold, no fires). If you need a ride, please call 661-242-0432. 5 Day Weather Forecast
Every Monday: Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wed., Fri.) 245-1952 or 245-3366
Senior Exercise 11 a.m. FP Community Center 245-1992
White Sage Lace Guild, Bobbin lace and tatting. Call Liz 242-0619
California Star Quilting Society, Senior Center 1:30-4 p.m. Joy 245-1316
Every Tuesday: Storytime 11:30 a.m. Frazier Park Library 245-1267
Canasta, Frazier Park Senior Center 1 p.m.
Every Wednesday: Mommy & Me, 10 a.m., Family Resource Center 245-4303
Open Farm Day 9am-5pm at Green Dragon Farms, 3433 Los Padres Trail, For more info 245-3000
Wacky Wednesdays, Pine Mountain Christian Community Church 6:30-8 p.m. (6th-8th grades) 242-1025
Royal Rangers at Vineyard Church 6:30-8 p.m. Eddie 245-1357
Every Thursday: *Scrappers Club 8 a.m.-2 p.m. PMC Pool Pavilion
Paralegal available at Family Resource Center 9 a.m.-1 p.m., 245-4303
T.O.P.S. 9:15 a.m. Lebec. 245-0610, 248-6227
Senior Exercise 11 a.m. FP Community Center 245-1992
Mexican Train, etc. FP Senior Room 1 p.m. 245-1992
Awana Clubs, 3-6th grade, 6:10 p.m. PMCC Church, 242-1025
Meditation/Yoga 6:30-8:15 p.m. Jizo Peace Center 242-6956
Every Friday: Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery 242-8439 in PMC 12-9 p.m.
Yoga and Meditation 7 p.m. at the Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, PMC. For more info 242-6956
Every Saturday: Yard Sale Show, Channel 14 show 7 a.m. 245-2688, followed by Arts for Earth Show, 8:15-10 a.m. Adoptable pets from Mountain Communities SPCA featured first Saturday. 245-2688
Market Day 10am at Green Dragon Farms, 3433 Los Padres 245-3000
Computer & Games free play & tournament Call 242-1214
Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery 12-8 p.m. PMC 242-8439
Bingo 7-9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail 245-3273
Pine Kone Radio 100.9FM (PMC) Vampire Vick’s R&B, 9-10:30 p.m.
Every Sunday: Sunday Strolls with the Condor Group Meet at PMC parking lot at 8-9:30 a.m. More info, call 661-242-0432.
Dungeons & Dragons at Computers & Games, 242-1214 for times.
Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery 12-5 p.m. below Madd Bailey’s PMC 242-8439
All Faiths Fellowship service 4 p.m. 16275 Askin Drive, PMC
Pine Mountain Christian Community Church “Heaven Bound Youth Group” 5-6:30 p.m. 242-1025
2nd & 4th Wed: Senior Sack 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Community Center 245-3409
2nd & 4th Sat: Veterans PTSD Support Group 7 p.m. LOW. 245-4269
1st & 3rd Sun: Zoppeland A family event Lockwood Valley 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. 245-4000. email@example.com
Community Monthly Events
First Mon: Lebec County Water District, 7 p.m. 401 FMPR Rd, Lebec
Pine Mountain Village Merchants meets at 7 p.m. Call 242-4022
First Tue: Search & Rescue, Sheriff’s Substation 7 p.m.
First Wed : Salvation Army Commodities Distribution 10:30 a.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-3995
First Thu: Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg 6 p.m. Assembly of God Church,
First Fri: Red Hat Society Frazier Mountain Mommas 9 a.m. Kay 245-2673
Karma Yoga class 6:30-8 p.m. Workshop Alley PMC, 242-1239
First Sat: Green Dragon Farms Meeting 12 noon at 3343 Los Padres 245-3000
VFW & Ladies Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall
First Sun: Dragoon Era Civil War living history program at Fort Tejon 248-6692 or www.forttejon.org
Second Mon: South West Health Care District 4:30 p.m. Alpine Lumber. 242-1784
FMHS Booster Club at Caveman Cavey’s 6:30 p.m.
Second Tue: Gorman School Board 3:30 p.m.
FPPUD, 6 p.m. District office 245-3734
Pinon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Firehouse
Second Wed: ETUSD School Board 7 p.m. District Office 248-6247
Second Thu: Ridge Route Museum Board meeting 7 p.m. 3515 Park Dr,
Second Fri: Pine Mountain Club Town Hall 7 p.m. 242-1609
Open-Mic Poetry 7 p.m. at the Coffee Cantina, 245-3166
Second Sat: Scouts West 4 x 4 Club. Caveman Cavey’s 10 a.m. 245-3250
Third Tue: Friends of Seniors 9:45 a.m. Cavey’s. 245-5550, 245-3017
MCMAC (Municipal Advisory Council) 7 p.m. FP Community Center
Third Wed: •AARP Board mtg 9:30 a.m. Frazier Park Senior Center. Shirley 245-1782
Third Thu: McCASA Meeting 5 p.m. Family Resource meeting room downstairs across from FP Library, 245-4303
Third Fri: Fire Safe Council mtg, 9:30 a.m. Mil Potrero Mutual Water Co., PMC
Third Sun: Civil War Reenactments at Fort Tejon, www.forttejon.org or 248-6692
Open Door at the Work of Heart Gallery, 3011 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 9:30 a.m.
More info 242-1267 new number August 15 is 242-3667. Children are welcome.
Fourth Tue: Pinon Pines HOA. 7:30 p.m. Firehouse
This is part of the August 05, 2011 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.