May and Ongoing
- May’s Artists of the Month at Work of HeArt Gallery are FMHS Art Students. See their artwork on display (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, behind the Coffee Cantina 245-3548).
- Junior Falcons Football Club meets at Frazier Mountain Park Saturday at noon. All 3rd-8th graders are welcome. For info call Mike at 661-444-2159 or Roger at 661-805-1250.
Donations for Annual Barn Sale fundraiser for Ridge Route Communities Museum can be dropped off Fri-Sat from 12 noon-4 p.m. at the museum, 3515 Park Dr., Frazier Park.
- Energy Fair Letter of Intent (describing your project) is due by June 15 to P.O. Box 6770, Pine Mountain Club, 93222. Win cash prizes. For more info call 661-242-6960 or email letslivelocal.org
- Zoppeland A Family Event with archery, horses, spear throwing, jousting, sword play and more. For more info www.jameszoppe.com (see ad in May Pioneer p. 9) 1st and 3rd Sundays.
- Free Storytelling Workshops for parents and children are offered by Center of the World Festival 2-4 p.m. May 21 and 28 at Cuddy Hall, Lake of the Woods. To enroll, call 242-1583.
- Improv Classes with Anna Bradley offered for adults at the Work of HeArt Gallery (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, $45 for a 6 week class, Thursday 6:30-8:30 p.m. For more info call 242-2623.
- Frazier Mountain Young Marines recruit training is open to males and females ages 8-18. Mandatory orientation is May 21, 28 and June 4. More info call 661-492-4376.
- Discover True Beauty with Joanne Frank, at 3008 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. Tuesday evenings from 7-8:15 p.m. May 10- July 12. For more info contact Judy Rose 248-2004.
Thursday, May 19
- El Tejon School Open House includes dinner, cake auction and chili cook-off from 5-6:30 p.m. in the cafe. Art Fair featuring students’ art is 5-7:30 p.m. in the gym. Classrooms open from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- AYSO Early Registration will be at El Tejon School Open House from 5-7 p.m.
- Redistricting Workshop at Frazier Mountain Park Community Center from 6-8 p.m.
- Emergency ETUSD Board meeting at district office at 7 p.m.
Saturday, May 21
- Sixth Annual Endangered Species Day includes Nature Walk at 10 a.m. at Gorman Post Road. For more details call Ileene at 323-654-5943 or http://avconservancy.org/esday.pdf.
- Frazier Mountain microtrash cleanup for Condor safety is from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Meet at Chuchupate Campground. Bring a hat, sunglasses, lunch and water. All cleanup gear provided.
- Frazier Mountain Club Soccer Team car wash from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at The Mountain Enterprise.
- The Dam Dogs plays live at 8 p.m. at Reyes Creek Bar & Grill (6905 Scheideck Rd.).
- DJ N*Joy live at Sue’s Tavern at 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park, 245-1100.
Sunday, May 22
- Boys & Girls Club’s Lemonade Day teaches kids skills to be successful. Lemonade stands will be at Flying J, Frazier Park Market and Mountain View Market from 12 noon-3 p.m.
Monday, May 23
- County Regulations on Vacation Rentals are the subject of a workshop at 6:30 p.m. at the Kern River Valley Senior Bldg., 6405 Lake Isabella Blvd., Lake Isabella
Wednesday, May 25
- Pine Mountain Learning Center Open House is 5:30-7:30 p.m. 3057 Cerro Noroeste Rd.
- AYSO Early Registration at Pine Mountain Learning Center Open House from 5-7 p.m.
Thursday, May 26
- Frazier Park School Open House includes pizza, bake sale and silent auction starting at 5 p.m.
- Frazier Mountain High School Spring Sports Banquet is 6 p.m. in the cafetorium at FMHS.
- AYSO Early Registration will be at Frazier Park School Open House from 5-7 p.m. For more info call 794-7621 or visit www.aysoregion382.org
Saturday, May 28
*First Aid/CPR/AED class is 9 a.m. at PMC Pool Pavilion, $40. Pre-registration is required, deadline is May 21. For more info call Dayne Yancey at 242-1094.
- Ridge Route Run Car Show transforms downtown Frazier Park into a big party with great cars, food, music, local arts and crafts 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Call Jeff 661-827-2991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dam Dogs plays live at Sue’s Tavern at 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park, 245-1100.
Monday, May 30
- Memorial Day Celebration at Frazier Mountain Community Park hosted by the VFW at 11 a.m.
Tuesday, May 31
- AYSO Early Registration booths will be at Mike’s Pizza 6929 Lake Place, LOW from 6-8 p.m. For more info call 794-7621 or visit www.aysoregion382.org
- Special Election Meeting for Frazier Mountain High School Booster Club is 6:30 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s Cave. All are welcome to attend. More info call Kathy 661-330-9568.
- Lebec County Water District will hold a Public Protest Hearing at 7 p.m. Lebec Community Church, 2350 Lebec Rd..
Thursday, June 2
- AARP Annual Barbecue Potluck at Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. Starting at 12 noon. There will be musical entertainment.
- Third Grade Drumline Students perform at Frazier Park School. Pizza dinner starting at 5:30 p.m. Entertainment at 7 p.m. Dinner/$6 a slice of pizza, chips and a drink.
Saturday, June 4
- Annual Barn Sale fundraiser for Ridge Route Communities Museum is from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at 10646 Cuddy Valley Road. For more info call 245-1789 or 245-2335.
- 11th Annual Kern Search and Rescue Golf Tournament in Taft, For info call Mike Parker at 661-245-3991 or Frank Heilman 661-775-3031 or email email@example.com.
Sunday, June 5
- Green Dragon Farms general meeting is 12 noon at OK Farms 3433 Los Padres Drive, Frazier Park. Open farm days are Mondays 3-5 p.m., and Wednesdays 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Monday, June 6
- Frazier Mountain High School Senior Awards Dinner is 6 p.m. in the cafetorium at FMHS.
This is part of the May 20, 2011 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.