Send Mountain Community events to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
Now through Friday, Dec. 19
- Coat and Blanket Drive by FMHS Friday Night Live. Donate warm clothing items or blankets to help the homeless this winter. Donations accepted at Frazier Mountain High School office. 248-0310.
Now through Saturday, Dec. 20
- Toys for Tots: Distribution postponed to December 22 because more toys needed. Collections continue through December 20. Boxes at local businesses. 200 mountain children will benefit.
Thursday, Dec. 18
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District Board meeting 9 a.m. Southern Region Office, 2700 M Street, Suite 275, Bkfld. www.valleyair.org. Mountain residents will present a petition. Call Brian 245-1126, www.notonoburn.org.
- GEMCare Medicare Plus informational seminar 11 a.m. Frazier Mountain Comm. Health Center, 704 Lebec Road. 248-5250. gemcarehealthplan.com.
- Frazier Park School Site Council Meeting 2:30 p.m. Teacher’s Lounge.
- Gorman School Winter Program 6 p.m. 49847 Gorman School Rd. 248-6441.
Saturday, Dec. 20
- Basic Peace Officer Academy student testing 9-11 a.m. at Kern County Sheriff’s Office, 1350 Norris Road, Bkfld. Must bring valid CA driver’s license. (661) 868-1676.
- Christmas Gift Boutique at A Spot of Bead, The Tree and The Coffee Cantina featuring local artists 12-4 p.m. Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park.
- Fantasy of Lights Parade, Holiday Faire presented by the Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce. Photos with Santa 1-7 p.m. at Alpine Creative Corner. Parade 3 p.m. on Mt. Pinos Way. Reindeer at Traffic Zone after parade. Carolling, Music, Food, Crafts Booths, Artists, Shopping. El Tejon choir performs at Alpine Lumber 6 p.m.
- Frazier Mountain Little League Regular Registration for 2009, 2-6 p.m. at Holiday Faire. $80 + refundable fundraiser/snack bar fee. 245-1030.
- *Holiday High Tea Priestess and Fashion Show 2-5 p.m. Pine Mtn. Clubhouse.*
Roots and Shoots Holiday Party 4 p.m. 2012 Pioneer Way, Pine Mountain. Bob Clark teaches hand drumming rhythms. Snacks served. 242-6956.
- Boys & Girls Club: Community Puppet Show with Old Time Radio Theater. 7 p.m. 3824 Park Drive, FP. www.oldtimeradiotheater.org or call 245-2678.
- Rocky’s $1,000 Karaoke Contest Finals 9 p.m. 223 Frazier Mountain Park Road, Lebec. 245-5000.
- Grapevine live at Sue’s Tavern 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-1100.
Sunday, Dec. 21
- Frazier Mountain Community Church presents “The Best Pageant Ever” 10 a.m. Frazier Mountain High School. 245-6391.
- Santa comes to Pine Mountain Village, with carolers, live music, free hot refreshments and more. 5 p.m..
Monday, Dec. 22
- ETUSD Winter Break, through January 2.
- Toys for Tots Distribution 9 a.m.-12 noon, 1-3 p.m. Family Resource Center downstairs meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way. 245-4303.
Wednesday, Dec. 24
- “Feed the Homeless” event at La Sierra Restaurant 9-11 a.m. 3500 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-3628 or Family Resource Center 245-4303.
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Service 5 p.m. Mountain Park Baptist Church, 7008 Ivins Dr., LOW. Caroling, special Christmas music, a brief message and candle lighting ceremony to “Silent Night.” www.mountainparkbaptist.org or 248-6513.
Thursday, Dec. 25 — Merry Christmas!
- The Mountain Enterprise will be closed Christmas Day.
Saturday, Dec. 27
Grapevine Winter Jousting Series: Challenger’s Tournament presented by the American Jousting Alliance. 245-4000 or www.jameszoppe.com.CANCELED. New date TBA.
Wednesday, Dec. 31
- Last day to make changes in Medicare plans for some mountain residents. HICAP office (661) 868-1000, (800) 434-0222 or www.medicare.gov.
- New Year’s Eve Party with Mountain Madness live at Sue’s Tavern 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-1100.
- Rocky’s Rock In The New Year Party featuring Mr. J.D., complimentary buffet and champagne at midnight. SafeRide Taxi. 223 Frazier Mountain Park Rd..
Thursday, Jan. 1 — Happy New Year!
- The Mountain Enterprise will be closed New Year’s Day.
- Amtrack Bus service begins. First southbound bus departs Flying J 1:05 p.m. to Newhall MetroLink. Northbound buses depart Newhall 3:35 and 7:35 p.m..
Saturday, Jan. 3
- Old Time Radio Theater New Year Show 7 p.m. Free. Work of Heart Art Gallery, behind the Coffee Cantina, 3011 Mt. Pinos Way. www.oldtimeradiotheater.org.
Monday, Jan. 5
- ETUSD Back in Session.
Wednesday, Jan. 7
- Wildland Fire Science Class preliminary orientation meeting 11:55 a.m. Frazier Mtn. High School Library. Adults need visitor’s pass. 245-3731, ext. 245.
- Early Disposition Conference for the Bors. 1:30 p.m. Ventura Hall of Justice, 800 South Victoria Avenue, Courtroom 12.
Thursday, Jan. 8
- AARP meeting 12 p.m. Frazier Mountain Comm. Center, 300 Park Drive. 245-4320.
Friday, Jan. 9
- Pine Mountain Club Town Hall 7 p.m. Pool Pavilion. Ranger Tom Kuekes of Los Padres National Forest speaks about Forest Service projects and fire safety.
This is part of the December 19, 2008 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.