Send Mountain Community events to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
Every Thursday in April
- Mountain Squares new student sessions. 6:30 p.m. Frazier Park Community Center. First class free. Regular classes resume in May. 245-1882 or 245-5320.
Now through Wednesday, April 15
- Applications accepted for Congressman McCarthy’s Summer Internship Program. More info: KevinMcCarthy.house.gov/showpage.asp?ID=76 or (661) 327-3611.
Now through Friday, April 17
- Entries accepted for “Artistic Discovery” Congressional Art Competition. High school students only. See KevinMcCarthy.house.gov/showpage.asp?ID=65 for info.
Friday, April 3
- PMC New Budget and Assessments Presented to Members in Open Meeting at 7 p.m. for presentation of proposed budget, questions, suggestions. Condor Room.
Saturday, April 4
- Rabies Vaccination Clinic by Kern County Animal Control 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Park. Vaccinations $5, licensing extra. Leashed dogs only.
- Dragoon Era Living History at Fort Tejon State Historical Park. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. $2-5 admission ($14 maximum for families). 248-6692 or www.forttejon.org.
- Golf Tournament to benefit Pine Mountain Dog Park 10 a.m. shotgun start. $50/ person. Pine Mountain Club. Sign up at Pro Shop 242-3734 or John Sioussat 242-0141.
- ComTec Academy Seniors Car Wash 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Flying J parking lot.
- Cabin Fever Video & Arcade Grand Opening 1-3 p.m. Free hot dogs/tri-tip sandwiches. 16231 Askin Drive, Pine Mountain. 242-1008.
- *Mad Hatter Tea featuring Montana Joey fashion show and music by Dave Silversparre. 1-4 p.m. Condor Room. Pine Mountain. $22 (while tickets last). 242-3788.
- Afternoon Theater Tea Party Gala to Thank Mountain’s Volunteers. Free. 4 p.m. Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Drive, Lake of the Woods. RSVP (661) 242-1583.
- *D&C Karaoke at Pine Mountain Club Condor Lounge. 7 p.m.
- Madd Dogs live at Madd Bailey’s Pub. 9 p.m. Pine Mountain Village.
Sunday, April 5
- Cabin Fever Video & Arcade Grand Opening 16231 Askin Dr., Pine Mountain. 242-1008.
Monday, April 6
- El Tejon Unified School District Spring Break through Friday, April 10.
- Public Comments due on OVH grant request. See www.ohv.parks.ca.gov. Contact Recreation Officer Karen McKinley at (661) 245-3731 or firstname.lastname@example.org for copy of grant application.
Friday, April 10
- Second Anniversary Celebration at Alice’s Attic. 12-3 p.m. Refreshments, hot dogs. 601 Lebec Road, Unit B, Lebec.
- Tack and Saddle Auction 7 p.m. Firefighters Hall, 7320 Wible Rd., Bakersfield. (541) 592-6292.
Saturday, April 11
- 8th Annual Easter Egg Hunt and Potluck Barbecue. Frazier Mtn. Community Park. 11 a.m. sharp. Free. Volunteers call Dave 245-2167 or Linda 248-6224.
- Mountain Shakespeare Festival presents a reading of Steel Magnolias 7:30 p.m. Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Pl., LOW. Free, but donation requested. 242-6904.
- *Blue Reed Band live at Pine Mountain Club Condor Lounge. 7 p.m.
- Gypsy Moon live at Sue’s Tavern. 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, FP. 245-1100.
Sunday, April 12 — Happy Easter!
- Free Pancake Breakfast 9-10 a.m. The Gift of Love Easter Service 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. Assembly of God Church, between Ace Hardware and Dream Castle, Frazier Park .
- *Annual Pancake Breakfast at the Clubhouse ($4/$10) and Easter Egg Hunt (Free). 9 a.m. breakfast, 11:30 a.m. hunt on the driving range.
Monday, April 13
- “New Beginnings” parenting class at Family Resource Center begins 5-7 p.m. $40, scholarships available. 3015 Mt. Pinos Way.
Tuesday, April 14
- County of Kern Veteran’s Service Department rep. here to help vets. 9 a.m.-12 p.m. No reservations req. Family Resource Ctr., 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP. 245-4303.
- “Take Care” parenting class at Family Resource Center begins 9-11 a.m. $40, scholarships available. 3015 Mt. Pinos Way.
Thursday, April 16
- Playwriting Workshop 6-8 p.m. every Thursday ‘til May 14. Workshop Alley. $50, tax deductible. 242-1239.
Friday, April 15
- Bureau of Land Management’s Bakersfield Resource Management Plan Revision Workshop 2-4:30 p.m. 3801 Pegasus Drive, Bkfld. (661) 391-6067 or email@example.com.
- Self Defense Workshop 6-9 p.m. Alliance Against Family Violence and Sexual Assault offices, 1921 19th St., Bakersfield (661) 322-0931. Free. Limited to first 30 reservations.
Friday, April 17
- Blues and Jazz Club presents Bunky Spurling and his Trio. $21. Work of Heart Gallery, behind 3011 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park.
Saturday, April 18
- 3rd Annual Women Discipling Women Conference 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. featuring Martha Peace and Elyse Fitzpatrick. $15 includes lunch, workshop. Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church, 16301 Askin Dr., PMC. www.pmccc.org or 242-6924.
- New Budget and Assessments Vote by PMC Board 10 a.m. Condor Room. Member discussion and questions before the vote.
- Stress Reduction Workshop Using Guided Imagery by Maile Gray 5:30 p.m. Work of Heart Art Gallery, behind 3011 Mt. Pinos Way. Free. 248-2244.
- *Rick Berthod and the Persuaders live at Condor Lounge, PMC. 7 p.m.
This is part of the April 03, 2009 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.