Send Mountain Community events to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
Thursday, May 7
- Deadline for Lilac Festival Parade applications. www.pmclilacfestival.com.
- AARP meeting / potluck 12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center. 245-2234.
- ‘Tea for Two’ Workshop 1-2:30 p.m. and 3:30-5 p.m. Build a Memory Bracelet in honor of Mother’s Day. A Spot of Bead, 3436 Mt. Pinos Way. 245-4400.
- Frazier Park School Site Council Meeting 2:30 p.m. Teacher’s Lounge.
Friday, May 8
- *PMCPOA Candidates Forum 7 p.m. Condor Room, Clubhouse. 242-3788.
Saturday, May 9
- Last day to register for Heartbreak Hundred: King of the Mountain cycling race May 23. Register online www.planetultra.com/HB100/index.html.
- Bakersfield Family Expo 8 a.m.-6 p.m. River Walk Park, 11200 Stockdale Hwy, Bkfld. Family event to educate parents on everything from pregnancy to preschool. BakersfieldFamilyExpo.com.
- *Mother’s Day Golf Scramble at Pine Mountain Club 8 a.m. $25+green fees. 242-3734.
- Clean Up the Ridge Route, meet 9 a.m. at McDonald’s in Castaic, 27701 Lake Hughes Road. Wear work clothes, bring gloves and tools. 242-2726, (866) 262-7594.
- Book Signing by Pamela Jansen, local author of How I Became a Fearless Woman, and photographer Mary Ann Halpin signs her book Fearless Women: Midlife Portraits at Dream Castle. 10 a.m.-12 p.m. pamelajansen.com, maryannhalpin.com.
- Free Stress Reduction Workshop Using Guided Imagery by Maile Gray 5:30 p.m. Work of Heart Art Gallery, behind The Coffee Cantina, 3011 Mt. Pinos Way. 248-2244.
- Paradíso Talent Showcase and Competition 7 p.m. Frazier Mtn. High School. $500 best of show and other cash prizes. 245-5554 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- *Mamas House Band live in the Lounge 7 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse.
Sunday, May 10 — Happy Mother’s Day!
- *Mother’s Day Brunch Call Pine Mountain Clubhouse for info 242-3788.
Tuesday, May 12
- County of Kern Veteran’s Service Department rep. here to help vets. 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
No reservations needed. Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP. 245-4303.
- Handbell concert by Christine Anderson, presented by Christian Women’s Club 11:30 a.m. VFW Hall on Monterey Trail. RSVP appreciated 245-2306 or 245-3031.
- Kern County Parks and Recreation Final Master Plan Workshop 6:30-8 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, 300 Park Drive.
Thursday, May 14
- Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Mobile Office Hours 10-11 a.m. Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way. For an appointment (661) 327-3611.
- Living Trust Seminar 1-2:15 p.m. Free. Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Pl. RSVP (800) 350-6376.
- Assemblymember Jean Fuller’s Mobile Office Hours 3-5 p.m. Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way.
Friday, May 15
- Mountain SPCA Giant Barn Sale 8 a.m.-4 p.m.Cuddy Valley. Follow signs.
- Frazier Park Cruise Night 5 p.m. Assembly of God parking lot (3224 Mt. Pinos Way). Free.
- *Twilight Golf Scramble at Pine Mountain Club 5 p.m. (sign up by 3 p.m.) $5. 242-3734.
- El Tejon Students vs. Staff Athletics Program fundraiser basketball game, 7 p.m. FMHS, $4.
Saturday, May 16
- 27th Annual Lilac Festival in Pine Mountain Village. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Parade at 11 a.m. Special presentation to Chief Dennis Thompson at 12:15 in gazebo. Free admission and entertainment. See pg. 9-12 in the May edition of The Mountain Pioneer for official schedule of events.
- RESCHEDULED to May 30: Tejon Ranch Conservancy Community Pilot Public Access Program offers a free community hike, limited to first 30 signed up. Call 248-6055.
- Mountain SPCA Giant Barn Sale 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Cuddy Valley. Follow signs.
- AARP Service Day. Meet 9 a.m. next to Dream Castle, 3216 Mt. Pinos Way. 245-2234.
- *Boys Nite Out live in the Lounge 7 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse.
Sunday, May 17
- Mountain SPCA Giant Barn Sale 8 a.m.-2 p.m.Cuddy Valley. Follow signs.
- 27th Annual Lilac Festival in Pine Mountain Village. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. See pg. 9-12 in the May edition of The Mountain Pioneer for official schedule of events.
- *Lilac Festival Golf Scramble at Pine Mountain Club 2 p.m. $25+cart fee. 242-3734.
Tuesday, May 19
- Pine Mountain Learning Center Open House 5:30 p.m. 3057 Cerro Noroeste, Pine Mountain. (661) 364-3811. www.pmlcenter.org.
Wednesday, May 20
- Self Defense Workshop 6-9 p.m. Alliance Against Family Violence and Sexual Assault offices, 1921 19th St., Bakersfield (661) 322-0931. Free. Limited to first 30 reservations.
Friday, May 22
- El Tejon Unified School District Closed — classes resume Tuesday, May 26.
Saturday, May 23
- Ridge Route Run Car Show in Frazier Park. 7 a.m. registration, 8-9 a.m. poker walk, 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. show, 3 p.m. awards presentations. $20 preregistration ($25 day of), open to 1975 and older vehicles. Locals vendors needed. 245-0150 or email@example.com.
- Heartbreak Hundred: King of the Mountain 100 mile cycling race 8 a.m. staggered start. More info www.planetultra.com/HB100/index.html.
- Spring Jousting Tournament & Fair presented by the American Jousting Alliance, Tait Ranch, 11 a.m.-7 p.m., $10 adults/$6 children. 245-4000 or www.jameszoppe.com.
- Sacred Day in the Mountains Workshop 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Hozhoni Healing Arts, Pine Mountain. RSVP by May 18. $79/$90 (6 hrs CEUs for MFTs and LCSWs) 242-1463 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thai Yoga Massage/Sound Healing workshop 12-4 p.m. PowWow Lodge in Pine Mtn., www.powwowlodge.com. $40. Rachel 242-2617 or Sarah-Jane 242-1779.
- Frazier Mountain High School ‘Tomorrow Never Dies’ Senior Prom. 6 p.m. – midnight at Four Points Sheraton, 1050 Schooner Drive, Ventura. Tickets: 248-0310.
- *Summer Concerts on the Green: Jumpin’ Joz 5:30 p.m. Pine Mountain.
- *BriterDaze live in the Lounge 7 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse.
This is part of the May 08, 2009 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.