Send Mountain Community events to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 245-3794.
Thursday, May 14
- Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Mobile Office Hours 10-11 a.m. Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way. For an appointment (661) 327-3611.
- Living Trust Seminar 1-2:15 p.m. Free. Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Pl. RSVP (800) 350-6376.
- Assemblymember Jean Fuller’s Mobile Office Hours 3-5 p.m. Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way.
Friday, May 15
- Mountain SPCA Giant Barn Sale 8 a.m.-4 p.m.Cuddy Valley. Follow signs.
- Endangered Species Day Conference with guest speaker Tippi Hedren 10 a.m. Antelope Valley College Board Room, 3041 West Ave K, Lancaster. $5. (661) 943-9000, avconservancy.org.
- Mt. Pinos Girl Scout Rummage Sale and Doll Show 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Place. 245-1035 or (818) 271-7189.
- Frazier Park Cruise Night 5 p.m. Assembly of God parking lot (3224 Mt. Pinos Way). Free.
- *Twilight Golf Scramble at Pine Mountain Club 5 p.m. (sign up by 3 p.m.) $5. 242-3734.
El Tejon Students vs. Staff Athletics Program fundraiser basketball game, 7 p.m. FMHS, $4.
Saturday, May 16
- 27th Annual Lilac Festival in Pine Mountain Village. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Parade at 11 a.m. Special presentation to Chief Dennis Thompson at 12:15 in gazebo. Free admission and entertainment.
- Mountain SPCA Giant Barn Sale 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Cuddy Valley. Follow signs.
- AARP Service Day. Meet 9 a.m. next to Dream Castle, 3216 Mt. Pinos Way. 245-2234.
- Mt. Pinos Girl Scout Rummage Sale and Doll Show 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Place. 245-1035 or (818) 271-7189.
- AYSO Early Bird Sign Up 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Lilac Festival Kids Corner. $85. Deb 245-1738 or www.aysoregion382.org.
- Mexican Hat Dance hosted by the Adult Soccer League of Frazier Park. 5 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center $5/$20 family. Sign ups $25/season (reg. $35).
- *Boys Nite Out live in the Lounge 7 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse.
- Providence live at Sue’s Tavern 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-1100.
Sunday, May 17
- Mountain SPCA Giant Barn Sale 8 a.m.-2 p.m.Cuddy Valley. Follow signs.
- 27th Annual Lilac Festival in Pine Mountain Village. 9 a.m.-5 p.m..
- AYSO Early Bird Sign Up 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Lilac Festival Kids Corner. $85. Deb 245-1738 or www.aysoregion382.org.
- Lilac Festival Golf Scramble at Pine Mountain Club 2 p.m. $25+cart fee. 242-3734.
Tuesday, May 19
- Pine Mountain Learning Center Open House 5:30 p.m. 3057 Cerro Noroeste, Pine Mountain. (661) 364-3811. www.pmlcenter.org.
- AYSO Early Bird Sign Up 6-7 p.m. PMLC Open House. $85. Deb 245-1738 or www.aysoregion382.org.
Wednesday, May 20
- Self Defense Workshop 6-9 p.m. Alliance Against Family Violence and Sexual Assault offices, 1921 19th St., Bakersfield (661) 322-0931. Free. Limited to first 30 reservations.
- Angel Dogs Foundation Low-Cost Spay/Neuter clinic at Kern County Humane Society. $110 dogs/$90 cats. $20 vouchers avail. for low-income (661) 325-2589. Rabies vaccinations, licensing and AVID microchipping also offered. Appointments required (888) 504-7729.
Friday, May 22
- El Tejon Unified School District Closed — classes resume Tuesday, May 26.
- Karaoke at Sue’s Tavern 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-1100.
Saturday, May 23
- Ridge Route Run Car Show in Frazier Park. 7 a.m. registration, 8-9 a.m. poker walk, 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. show, 3 p.m. awards. $20 preregistration ($25 day of), open to 1975 and older cars. Locals vendors needed. 245-0150 or email@example.com.
- AYSO Early Bird Sign Up 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Ridge Route Run Car Show. $85. Deb 245-1738 or www.aysoregion382.org.
- Heartbreak Hundred: King of the Mountain 100 mile cycling race 8 a.m. staggered start. More info www.planetultra.com/HB100/index.html.
- Spring Jousting Tournament & Fair presented by the American Jousting Alliance, Tait Ranch, 11 a.m.-7 p.m., $10 adults/$6 children. 245-4000 or www.jameszoppe.com.
- Sacred Day in the Mountains Workshop 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Hozhoni Healing Arts, Pine Mountain. RSVP by May 18. $79/$90 (6 hrs CEUs for MFTs and LCSWs) 242-1463 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thai Yoga Massage/Sound Healing workshop 12-4 p.m. PowWow Lodge in Pine Mtn., www.powwowlodge.com. $40. Rachel 242-2617 or Sarah-Jane 242-1779.
- Frazier Mountain High School ‘Tomorrow Never Dies’ Senior Prom. 6 p.m.- midnight at Four Points Sheraton, 1050 Schooner Drive, Ventura. Tickets: 248-0310.
- *Summer Concerts on the Green: Jumpin’ Joz 5:30 p.m. Pine Mountain.
- *BriterDaze live in the Lounge 7 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse.
- The Real Deal live at Sue’s Tavern 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-1100.
Sunday, May 24
- Memorial Prayer Ceremony 1-4:30 p.m. Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, Pine Mountain. $10 donation, none turned away. 242-6956 or jizopeacecenter.org.
Monday, May 25 — Memorial Day
- Memorial Ceremony 10 a.m. Cody Prosser Veteran’s Memorial, Frazier Mtn. Park.
- The Mountain Enterprise will be open for the Memorial Day holiday.
- El Tejon Unified School District will be closed for the Memorial Day holiday.
Tuesday, May 26
- Pine Mountain Learning Center School Minimum Day and Advisory Council meeting. 2:15 p.m. 3057 Cerro Noroeste, Pine Mountain. (661) 364-3811.
Wednesday, May 27
- Frazier Park School Open House 5:30 p.m. 3412 San Carlos Trail.
- AYSO Early Bird Sign Up 5-8 p.m. Frazier Park School Open House. $85. Deb 245-1738 or www.aysoregion382.org.
This is part of the May 15, 2009 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.