Send Mountain Community events to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 245-3794.
Now through Saturday, September 12
- Vendor applications available for Frazier Mountain Community Church Craft Fair on September 12. $35/table or $50 for two. Deb Rehder 245-6391.
- Mammogram appointment scheduling for Frazier Mtn Health Fair 245-1952.
Now through Saturday, September 26
- Vendor applications available for nonprofit or health-related organizations for annual Health Fair to be held at Frazier Park School on September 26. Call Girl Scout Troop #281 at 245-4505 to sign up.
Thursday, August 27
- Public Hearing on Frazier Park Estates before Kern County Planning Commission 7 p.m. County Admin. Center, Board of Supervisors chambers, 1115 Truxtun Ave, Bakersfield. Ride share departs PMCPOA parking lot 5:15 p.m., Flying J 5:45 p.m. Mary Ann 242-0432.
Friday, August 28
- Deadline for submissions: Arts Council of Kern call for musicians. Call (661) 324-9000 for more information.
- Frazier Mountain Youth Cheer late registration tryouts 5:30-7:30 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park. Age 6-14. 245-3534. Must be at August 26 and 28 tryouts.
- Pine Mountain Learning Center Back to School night. 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 29
- Curves CPR/First Aid class. Call 245-3234 for more information.
- AYSO 382’s Super Soccer Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Team photos, games, 50/50 raffle. Games played all day.
- Women’s Equality Day Breakfast 9 a.m. Hodel’s Restaurant, 59107 Knudsen Dr. Bkfld. Hosted by the League of Women Voters in Kern Co. $15, RSVP (661) 634-3773.
- Wine Tasting at Madd Bailey’s Pub 12-5 p.m. Downstairs in coffee/wine room, 16200 Mil Potrero Hwy, Pine Mtn. Continues every Sunday, new winery feat. each week.
- Coffee Cantina Summer Cafe Series: Chris Wilson with Eldon Kraft 6-8 p.m. $5.95, includes meal and drink. 3011 Mt. Pinos Way, FP. 245-3166.
- Second Annual Rotary Club Luau 6-9 p.m. at Dream Castle Cafe, 3620 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. $19.95/person or $35/couples. 245-3809.
- *Sundance Band live at the Condor Lounge 7-11 p.m. Pine Mtn. Clubhouse.
Sunday, August 30
- Lebec Community Church 90th Anniversary Celebration 9:30 a.m services, 11:30 a.m. barbecue and volleyball. www.lebecchurch.org or 248-6117.
- El Camino Pines Lutheran Church Family Potluck and Movie Night. 5:30 p.m. potluck, 7 p.m. Amazing Gace. 6700 Lakewood Drive, LOW. 245-3858.
Wednesday, September 2
- El Tejon School Jr. High Back to School night. 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, September 3
- AARP potluck and meeting, 12 p.m. with guest speaker Tom Kuekes from USFS Mt. Pinos Ranger District. Frazier Mountain Park Senior Ctr. 245-2234.
Friday, September 4
- Bandit live at La Sierra Restaurant 7-10 p.m. 3500 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park.
- *Toy Boat live at the Condor Lounge 7-11 p.m. Pine Mtn. Clubhouse.
Saturday, September 5
- Dragoon Era Living History at Fort Tejon State Historical Park. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. $2-5 admission ($14 maximum for families). 248-6692 or www.forttejon.org
- *33rd Annual Oktoberfest starts at 11 a.m. Food, beer, dancing, vendors. Live entertainment 1-11 p.m., log sawing contest 4 p.m. Pine Mtn. 242-3788, www.pmcoktoberfest.com.
- Frazier Park Cruise Night 5 p.m. 3224 Mt. Pinos Way parking lot. 245-0150.
- *Bryter Daze live at the Condor Lounge 7-11 p.m. Pine Mtn. Clubhouse.
Sunday, September 6
- *33rd Annual Oktoberfest starts at 11 a.m. Food, beer, dancing, vendors. Live entertainment 1-11 p.m., nail driving contest 4 p.m. Pine Mtn. 242-3788, www.pmcoktoberfest.com.
- Midday Meditation 12 p.m. Jizo Peace Ctr., 2012 Pioneer Way, Pine Mtn. 242-6956.
- *Mama’s House Band live at the Condor Lounge 7-11 p.m. Pine Mtn. Clubhouse.
Monday, September 7 — Labor Day
- The Mountain Enterprise will be open on Labor Day. ETUSD will be closed.
Tuesday, September 8
- El Tejon School Grades 4-6 Back to School night. 6 p.m. fourth grade; 6:30 p.m. fifth grade; 7 p.m. sixth grade.
- County of Kern Veteran’s Service Department rep. here to help vets. 9 a.m.-12 p.m. No reservations req. Family Resource Ctr., 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP. 245-4303.
- Frazier Mountain Little League Board Elections and Annual Meeting 6 p.m. Cavey’s Cave (3620 Mt. Pinos Way). 245-1030.
- Mountain Squares weekly square dancing classes begin. 7 p.m. Cuddy Hall (335 Lakewood Place). $6 adults/$3 age 8-17. Christine 245-5320.
Wednesday, September 9
- Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce Mixer at the Tejon Ranch Hacienda 5:30-7:30 p.m., 491 Rochford Road, Lebec.
Thursday, September 10
- Small Business Resource Day at Bakersfield Small Business Development Center, 2000 K Street, Suite 100, Bkfld. Call (800) 359-1833 or (559) 487-5791 to make an appointment.
- Assemblymember Jean Fuller’s mobile office hours 3-5 p.m. Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. To schedule an appointment call (661) 395-2995.
- Frazier Park School Back to School night. 5 p.m. pizza; 5:30 p.m. kindergarten; 6 p.m. first grade, 6:30 p.m. second grade, 7 p.m. third grade.
- Public Hearing on Tejon Mountain Village before Kern County Planning Commission 7 p.m. County Administrative Center, Board of Supervisors chambers, 1115 Truxtun Ave, Bakersfield.
- *American Fossil live at the Condor Lounge 7-11 p.m. Pine Mtn. Clubhouse.
Friday, September 11 — Patriot Day
- *Pine Mountain Club Townhall Meeting 7 p.m. Condor Room.
Saturday, September 12
- Frazier Mountain Community Church Craft Fair and Rummage Sale 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Place, Lake of the Woods.
- Country Style Rib Basket Weaving Class 10 a.m. Ridge Route Communities Museum, 3515 Park Drive. $10, incl. supplies. Space limited, RSVP 245-7747.
This is part of the August 28, 2009 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.