Send Mountain Community events to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 245-3794.
Now through Saturday, September 26
- Vendor applications available for nonprofit or health-related organizations for Frazier Mountain Health Fair to be held at Frazier Park School on September 26. Call Girl Scout Troop #281 at 245-4505 to sign up.
Thursday, September 10
- Small Business Resource Day at Bakersfield Small Business Development Center, 2000 K Street, Suite 300, Bkfld. Call (800) 359-1833 or (559) 487-5791 to make an appointment.
- Assemblymember Jean Fuller’s mobile office hours 3-5 p.m. Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. To schedule an appointment call (661) 395-2995.
- Frazier Park School Back to School night. 5 p.m. pizza; 5:30 p.m. kindergarten; 6 p.m. first grade, 6:30 p.m. second grade, 7 p.m. third grade.
- Cub Scout Pack 27 recruiting 5-7 p.m. at FP School Back to School night. 245-1921.
- Public Hearing on Tejon Mountain Village before Kern County Planning Commission 7 p.m. County Administrative Center, Board of Supervisors chambers, 1115 Truxtun Ave., Bakersfield.
Friday, September 11 — Patriot Day
- 8th Annual 9/11 Remembrance Ride in Cuddy Valley. 4 p.m. Meet at Dream Weaver Ranch (10960 Steinhoff Rd.) and ride to Snow Bunny Hill. Call (661) 623-0356 to join.
- FMHS Football vs. Montclair Prep Varsity at 7 p.m. Frazier Mtn. High School.
Saturday, September 12
- Last day to schedule a mammogram appointment for Frazier Mountain Health Fair. 245-1952.
- Frazier Mountain Community Church Craft Fair and Rummage Sale 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Place, Lake of the Woods.
- Clean Up the Ridge Route, meet 9 a.m. at the Ranch House in Gorman. Wear work clothes and bring gloves. 242-2726, (866) 262-7594.
- Country Style Rib Basket Weaving Class 10 a.m. Ridge Route Communities Museum, 3515 Park Drive. $10, incl. supplies. Space limited, RSVP 245-7747.
- Wine Tasting at Madd Bailey’s Pub 12-5 p.m. 16200 Mil Potrero Hwy (downstairs), Pine Mountain. 242-8439. Continues every Saturday and Sunday.
- Frazier Mountain Youth Cheerleading Barbecue Fundraiser 1-3 p.m. Presale $4/at door $5. VFW Hall, behind Don’s Liquor. 245-3534.
- 6th Annual Shelter on the Hill Wine & Cheese Fundraiser. 3:30-5:30 p.m. at Tait Ranch. $25. Tickets avail. at SOTH thrift store, 3536 Mt. Pinos Way.
- *American Fossil live at the Condor Lounge 7-11 p.m. Pine Mtn. Clubhouse.
Sunday, September 13
- Cub Scout Pack 27 Car Wash 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Flying J parking lot. $5 car/$7 trucks.
- Wine Tasting at Madd Bailey’s Pub 12-5 p.m. 16200 Mil Potrero Hwy. (downstairs), Pine Mountain. 242-8439. Continues every Saturday and Sunday.
Monday, September 14
- 10th Annual Kern County College Night 6-9 p.m. Rabobank Arena, 1001 Truxtun Ave., Bakersfield. Free. Christine (661) 636-4330.
- Mile High Community Band rehearsals begin. Beginner band 7 p.m.; Regular rehearsal 8-10 p.m. Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Place, Lake of the Woods. 245-5554. All ages, all skill levels welcome. Bring your instruments. Rehearsing every Monday night.
Tuesday, September 15
- *Pine Mountain Clubhouse pool closes for the season.
- Public hearing to review and approve County of Kern’s Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) 2 p.m. Board of Supervisors Chambers, 1115 Truxtun Ave., Bakersfield.
- Mountain Squares weekly square dancing class. 7 p.m. Cuddy Hall (335 Lakewood Place). $6 adults/$3 age 8-17. Christine 245-5320.
Wednesday, September 16
- Tourism Grant Application Workshop by Kern County Board of Trade 6:30 p.m. Taft Veterans Building, 218 Taylor Street, Taft. (661) 868-5376.
Friday, September 18
- Bandit live at La Sierra Restaurant 7-9 p.m. 3500 Mt. Pinos Way.
- *Blues & Jazz Club: Ms. Gaea Schell 7-11 p.m. Pine Mountain. Clubhouse. $15.
Saturday, September 19
- Women’s Workshop on Intuitive Healing. Pine Mountain. Call Pati Maez at Hozhoni Healing Arts 242-1463 (time TBD).
- Tejon Ranch Conservancy Hike: Tejon Canyon. This hike is full, find more info about October 10 hike to Beale Adobe at www.tejonconservancy.org.
- 2nd Annual Boys & Girls Club Familympics 12 p.m. 3824 Park Drive. Community potluck and games, scavenger hunt, more. Info: http://playday.kaboom.org/projects/959. 245-2678.
- *Rick Berthod and the Persuader Band live at the Condor Lounge 7-11 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse.
Sunday, September 20
- Cub Scout Pack 27 Car Wash 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Ridge Route Collectibles parking lot. 664 Lebec Rd. $5 cars/$7 trucks. Bring in survey from August 28 edition (pg. 7) for a free car wash.
- Pine Mountain Roots and Shoots booth at the 7th Annual Day of Peace Festival at Santa Monica Pier. 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Leave Pine Mountain Clubhouse at 7:45 a.m. www.dayofpeaceca.org, 242-6956.
Tuesday, September 22
- Tejon Mountain Village Hearing before Kern County Board of Supervisors rescheduled to Monday, Oct. 5
Wednesday, September 23
- Mountain Communities Coalition Against Substance Abuse Meeting to review $625K ‘Drug Free Communities’ Grant 6 p.m. Frazier Park School teacher’s lounge
Thursday, September 24
- Kern Veterans Stand Down and Resource Day 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Stramler Park, 3805 Chester Ave., Bakersfield. (661) 868-7303.
- Tourism Grant Application Workshop by Kern County Board of Trade 6:30 p.m. East Bakersfield Veterans Bldg., 2010 Ridge Road, Bkfld. (661) 868-5376.
Saturday, September 26
- Annual Chalk Art Festival 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Music, vendors, wine tasting, jump house for the kids. Coffee Cantina, 3011 Mt. Pinos Way. 245-3166.
- Frazier Mountain Health Fair 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Mammograms, blood tests, health check-ups. Sponsored by Girl Scouts. Frazier Park School, 3149 San Carlos Tr., FP.
- Festival of Books Blood Drive, Storytellers, Children’s Book Giveaway presented by Frazier Park Rotary Club and Houchin Blood Bank. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Call Debbie 245-3456 to sign up. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center parking lot.
- *Bandit live at the Condor Lounge 7-11 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse.
This is part of the September 11, 2009 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.