Send Mountain Community events to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 245-3794.
Cheer on your favorite Falcon and Badger teams. See Fall Sports Schedule.
Thursday, September 24
- Kern Veterans Stand Down and Resource Day 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Stramler Park, 3805 Chester Ave., Bakersfield. (661) 868-7303.
- Tourism Grant Application Workshop by Kern County Board of Trade 6:30 p.m. East Bakersfield Veterans Bldg., 2010 Ridge Road, Bkfld. (661) 868-5376.
- Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce meeting 7-9 p.m. Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Place, LOW. 245-1212.
Saturday, September 26 — Community Day
- Annual Chalk Art Festival 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Music, vendors, wine tasting, jump house for the kids. Coffee Cantina, 3011 Mt. Pinos Way. 245-3166.
- Frazier Mtn. Health Fair 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Mammograms, blood tests, health check-ups. Presented by Girl Scout Troop #281. Frazier Park School, 3149 San Carlos Tr., FP.
- Our Lady of the Snows Quality Car Wash 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Fast Eddie’s Car Wash (3101 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park). $5 hand wash, hot dogs and sodas for sale.
- Festival of Books and Blood Drive with Storytellers, Children’s Book Giveaway presented by Frazier Park Rotary Club and Houchin Blood Bank. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Call Debbie 245-3456 to sign up. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center parking lot, 300 Park Drive.
- FMHS Class of 2010 Car Wash 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Flying J parking lot. $5 cars/$7 trucks.
- A Spot of Bead One-Year Anniversary Celebration 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Refreshments, music, vendors, class sign up, discounts on supplies. 3436 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-4400.
- *Bandit live at the Condor Lounge 7-11 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse.
- Cliff Wagner and the Old Number 7 live at Reyes Creek Bar and Grill 8 p.m. Camp Scheideck, Lockwood Valley.
- TriPolar Disorder live at Sue’s Tavern 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-1100.
Sunday, September 27
- Local Development Projects—informational meeting, hosted by the TriCounty Watchdogs 2-4 p.m. Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Place, LOW. Refreshments served. Mary Ann 242-0432.
Monday, September 28
- H1N1 (Swine flu) Electronic Town Hall meeting 6-7 p.m. Kern County Board of Supervisors Chambers, 1115 Truxtun Ave., Bkfld.
Tuesday, September 29
- Flu Vaccination Clinic 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, 300 Park Drive. Presented by Kern County Department of Public Health. $2.
Wednesday, September 30
- Irish Slow Jam and Singing Harmony Workshop 6-9 p.m. McClish’s Coffee, Pine Mountain Village. 242-1923. Continues every Wednesday.
Thursday, October 1
- AARP potluck and meeting 12 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center.
Friday, October 2
- The Vine Pregnancy Center Fall yard sale fundraiser 12-5 p.m. in the steel barn (west of the Flying J at 42858 Frazier Mountain Park Rd.) www.thevinepregnancycenter.org.
- Bandit live at La Sierra Restaurant 7-10 p.m. 3500 Mt. Pinos Way.
Saturday, October 3
- The Vine Pregnancy Center Fall yard sale fundraiser 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. in the steel barn (west of Flying J at 42858 Frazier Mountain Park Rd.) www.thevinepregnancycenter.org.
- Peddler’s Faire sponsored by Ridge Route Communities Museum and Historical Society 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center (300 Park Drive) 245-7747 or 245-1789. Vendor applications available at www.rrchs.org.
- Dragoon Era Living History at Fort Tejon State Historical Park. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. $2-5 admission ($14 maximum for families). 248-6692 or www.forttejon.org
- *Karaoke with Mark Bailey at the Condor Lounge 7-11 p.m. Pine Mtn. Clubhouse.
- Teresa Russel live at Reyes Creek Bar and Grill 8 p.m. Camp Scheideck, Lockwood Valley.
- American Rocks live at Sue’s Tavern 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-1100.
Monday, October 5
- Special Hearing on Tejon Mountain Village with Kern County Board of Supervisors 9 a.m. County Admin. Center, Board of Supervisors Chambers., 1115 Truxtun Ave, Bkfld.
Tuesday, October 6
- Angeldogs Foundation low-cost cat spay/neuter clinic at Cuddy Hall. Only $20. Call Bev Morris to make an appointment 245-2689 or 245-3035.
Wednesday, October 7
- Mommy & Me 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3515 Mt. Pinos Way. Jessica or Jen 245-4303, firstname.lastname@example.org. Meets every Wednesday.
- El Tejon School PTSO meeting 2:45 p.m. El Tejon School teachers lounge.
Thursday, October 8
- Bakersfield Small Business Resource Day 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. 2000 K Street, Bakersfield. Appointments required, call (800) 359-1833, option 6 or (559) 487-5791.
- Public Hearing on Frazier Park Estates before Kern County Planning Commission 7 p.m. County Admin. Center, Board of Supervisors chambers, 1115 Truxtun Ave, Bkfld.
Friday, October 9
- *Comedy Night at the Pine Mountain Clubhouse 6:30 p.m. 242-3788.
- Pine Mountain Club Town Hall meeting 7 p.m. Family relations and CyberSafety presentation for women, followed by a self-defense demonstration, presented by Patty Scott and Iqnacio Valez. For more info. call Jerry 242-1609.
- Karaoke at Sue’s Tavern 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-1100.
Saturday, October 10
- Tejon Ranch Conservancy Hike: Beale Adobe 10 a.m. Easy 5.3 mile loop. Free. RSVP by 4 p.m. October 8 at www.tejonconservancy.org.
- *Wild Side live at the Condor Lounge 7-11 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse.
- Action Down live at Reyes Creek Bar and Grill 8 p.m. Camp Scheideck, Lockwood Valley
Monday, October 12 — Columbus Day
- The Mountain Enterprise will be open on Columbus Day.
Tuesday, October 13
- Public meeting on unmet transit needs 4-6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, 300 Park Drive.
Friday, October 16
- *Pine Mountain Wine Society Harvest Celebration. 242-3788 (details TBD).
This is part of the September 25, 2009 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.