Send Mountain Community events to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 245-3794.
Thursday, October 29
- Public meeting on Municipal Advisory Council (MAC) hosted by Supervisor Ray Watson 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. (661) 868-3680.
Friday, October 30
- Deadline to sign up for Toys for Tots extended to November 5.
- Harvest Festival at Frazier Park School. 2:15-5 p.m. Community welcome.
- *Adult Halloween Party at Pine Mountain Clubhouse 6:30 p.m. 242-3788.
Saturday, October 31 — Happy Halloween!
- Frazier Park Public Utility District Protest Hearing on the $3.1 million loan-grant, rate increase 10 a.m. 4020 Park Drive (west end of Frazier Mtn. Park).
- Trick or Treating at Me ‘N Moms 12-4 p.m. Treats and surprises for costumed children. 629 Glendale Trail, Frazier Park. 245-1000.
- Boo 3 at Alice’s Attic, 601 Lebec Rd., Unit B. Wrapped candy, surprises. 12-5 p.m.
- Chatterpillar’s Pumpkin Party 12-5 p.m. Games, crafts, prizes, treats, face painting and costume contest. 3105 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. 245-2464. www.chatterpillar.com.
- Haunted Happenings by Mtn. Shakespeare Festival 5:30 p.m. Shows at 6 and 8 p.m. Old Bear Bed & Breakfast, 16116 Mil Potrero Frontage Rd. in Pine Mountain. Free.
- Trunk or Treat 6 p.m. Pine Mountain Village. Sponsored by Pine Mtn. Club Commercial Property Owners. Spooky fun for costumed little ones and parents, too.
- *BryterDaze live at Condor Lounge 7-11 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse.
- Toni Dodd and the Southbound Blues live at Reyes Creek Bar and Grill 8 p.m. Camp Scheideck, Lockwood Valley.
- Halloween Party at Sue’s Tavern 9 p.m. Live entertainment by Backlash, costume contest and more. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-1100.
- Halloween Party at Madd Bailey’s Pub 9 p.m. Live entertainment by Mad Dogs, costume contest with prizes. 16200 Mil Potrero Hwy. Pine Mountain Village. 242-8439.
Sunday, November 1 – Daylight Saving Ends
- Daylight Saving Time ends at 2 a.m. Don’t forget to set clocks back one hour.
- Deadline for 2009 VFW Voice of Democracy essay contest, open to 9-12th grade students. Cash prizes. See www.vfw.org for contest rules, call Dee at 245-1554 with questions.
- Frazier Mtn. Ski and Snowboard Club trip, last chance to sign-up 3-6 p.m. The Art Studio, 3701 Mt. Pinos Way (across from market) $276 rental/$241 non-rental. Gigi (661) 618-8990.
Monday, November 2
- *The Pine Mountain Club Bistro will be closed until Thursday, Nov. 19 for remodeling.
Wednesday, November 4
- Deadline for public scoping comments on Chuchupate Ranger Station rebuild. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, November 5
- Deadline to sign up for Toys for Tots. Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-4303. Distribution will be December 22.
- AARP Thanksgiving Feast 12 noon Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center. 245-2234.
- The Wizard of Oz presented by the Frazier Mountain High School Drama Club 7 p.m. $7 general, $5 seniors and students, $3 age six and under. FMHS.
Friday, November 6
- FMHS Class of 2010 Blood Donor Drive 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School library. Call Danielle at (661) 361-8639 to make an appointment.
- Annual Holiday Arts & Crafts Fair hosted by Ridge Route Comm. Museum and Historical Society 12-5 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Comm Ctr (300 Park Drive). 245-7747.
- *Free Swine flu (H1N1) shots provided by Kern County Department of Public Health. First come, first served. Pine Mtn. Clubhouse Condor Room. 242-3788.
- The Wizard of Oz by the FMHS Drama Club 7 p.m. $7/$5/$3. At FMHS.
Saturday, November 7
- Firewood Benefit Sale by Mt. Pinos Area Fire Safe Council 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (or sold out) $125/cord mixed pine, cash only, first come/served, buyer transports. Fire Station 56 in Lebec.
- Annual Holiday Arts & Crafts Fair hosted by Ridge Route Comm. Museum and Historical Society 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Fz. Mtn. Park Comm Ctr (300 Park Drive). 245-7747.
- Frazier Park Library Groundbreaking Ceremony 10 a.m. 300 Park Drive.
- Dragoon Era Living History at Fort Tejon State Historical Park. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. $2-5 admission ($14 maximum for families). 248-6692 or www.forttejon.org
- The Wizard of Oz by the FMHS Drama Club 2 and 7 p.m. $7/$5/$3. At FMHS.
- *Karaoke with Mark Bailey at the Condor Lounge 6-10 p.m. Pine Mtn. Clubhouse.
Wednesday, November 11 — Veteran’s Day
- The Mountain Enterprise will be open for Veteran’s Day. ETUSD will be closed.
Thursday, November 12
- Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s mobile office hours 10-11 a.m. Family Resource Center, 3013 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. For appointments call (661) 327-3611.
- Assemblymember Jean Fuller’s mobile office hours 3-5 p.m. Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. For appointments call (661) 395-2995.
Friday, November 13
- Deadline to submit free listings for Shop The Mountain Dec. Pioneer.
- Deadline to submit completed survey to County of Kern Community and Economic Development Department. Available at www.co.kern.ca.us/cd. (661) 862-5020.
- Mountain Communities SPCA Giant Barn Sale in Cuddy Valley. 8 a.m.-4 p.m. To donate please call 245-3035.
- *Pine Mountain Club Town Hall 7 p.m. Clubhouse Pool Pavilion. Mil Potrero Water Company’s Steve Wieneke to discuss rates and basic procedures. 242-3788.
- *Blues & Jazz Club: Ak & Zuie 7-10 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse. $15.
Saturday, November 14
- Mountain Communities SPCA Giant Barn Sale. Cuddy Valley. 8 a.m.-4 p.m. 245-3035.
- Center of the World Festival performance mini-event. Details TBD. Call Shelia Clark to volunteer, submit ‘Eco-Drama’ piece or for more info 242-1385. www.centeroftheworldfestival.org.
- Clean Up the Ridge Route, meet 9 a.m. at the Ranch House Restaurant in Gorman, 49713 Gorman Post Rd. Wear work clothes and bring gloves. 242-2726, (866) 262-7594.
- Los Padres Estates Property Owner’s Association Bi-Annual meeting 1 p.m. El Tejon School Cafeteria.
- *Smooth Groove live at the Condor Lounge 6-10 p.m. Pine Mtn. Clubhouse.
This is part of the October 30, 2009 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.