Send Mountain Community events to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 245-3794.
Thursday, November 19
- ‘All About Rotary—Who, What and Why We Are’ informational meeting 5:30 p.m. Los Pinos Restaurant. Light refreshments will be served. RSVP to Debbie 245-4834 or Judy 245-3809.
Friday, November 20
- Grand Opening and Dedication Ceremony of William J. “Pete” Knight Veterans Home of California—the first in Los Angeles County. 10 a.m. 45221 30th St. West, Lancaster (corner of Ave. I). (818) 742-1761 or www.calvet.ca.gov.
- Volunteer Naturalist training course at Frazier Mountain/Lockwood Creek 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday, November 22. To sign up: firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 639-8480.
- GEMCare Medicare Plus HMO informational seminar 11 a.m. La Sierra Restaurant, 3500 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. Refreshments. Free.
- Synergy Summit Business Lunch with Diane Howerton, Regional Director of UC Merced’s Small Business Development Center. 12 noon, Los Pinos Restaurant, Lebec. 245-3794. All community business owners invited.
- *Pine Mountain Club Bistro grand reopening. 242-3788.
- Wine Tasting and Gold Party at the Coffee Cantina 6 p.m. Music and hors d’oeuvres. $10, limited seating, call 245-3166 for reservations.
- Karaoke at Sue’s Tavern 9 p.m. 3400 Mt. Pinos Way. 245-1100.
Saturday, November 21
- Actors Preparatory Session for Pilot Season classes begin 4-6:30 p.m. 3620 Mt. Pinos Way (above Cavey’s Pizza). $100 for all sessions, each Saturday through Dec. 19.
- *Boys Night Out live at the Condor Lounge 6-10 p.m. Pine Mtn. Clubhouse.
- Providence live at Sue’s Tavern 9 p.m. 3400 Mt. Pinos Way. 245-1100.
Tuesday, November 24
- ETUSD minimum day for all schools. Thanksgiving break through Sunday, Nov. 29.
Thursday, November 26 — Happy Thanksgiving
- The Mountain Enterprise will be closed on Thanksgiving Day.
Friday, November 27
- Feast for the Beasts celebration at California Living Museum 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Free admission for each person who brings a donation of food for zoo animals (see www.calmzoo.org for acceptable donations). 10500 Alfred Harrell Hwy., Bakersfield. (661) 872-2256.
- Pine Mountain Clubhouse Community tree lighting ceremony 6 p.m.
Saturday, November 28
- Holiday Craft Fair 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse.
- *BryterDaze live at the Condor Lounge 6-10 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse.
- Red Owl Benefit Concert for Muhu Tasen Native American cultural preservation 7 p.m. Ventura Center for Spiritual Living, 101 S. Laurel St., Ventura. $25. 245-4939.
Monday, November 30
- Deadline to enter Get to Know’s ‘Nature Deficit Disorder’ international youth art contest. See www.gettoknow.ca/us/contest or www.artsforearth.org. Details available at Arts for Earth center, 3408 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park.
Tuesday, December 1
- Deadline for 2009 ‘Being an American’ essay contest. Open to 9th-12th grade students. Cash prizes. See www.BeingAnAmerican.org for contest details.
- Deadline for Fantasy of Lights Holiday Faire vendor and parade entry. Vendors contact A Spot of Bead 245-4400. Chamber of Commerce: 245-1212 or email email@example.com (subject: Holiday Fair). www.frazierparkinfo.com.
Wednesday, December 2
- Frazier Mountain High School Fall Sports Awards Banquet 6 p.m. FMHS.
Thursday, December 3
- AARP potluck meeting 12 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. 245-2234.
Saturday, December 5
- *Holiday Tea at Pine Mountain Clubhouse 2-5 p.m. For tickets call 242-3788.
- Dragoon Era Living History at Fort Tejon State Historical Park. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. $2-5 admission ($14 maximum for families). 248-6692 or www.forttejon.org.
- Annual Holiday Faire in Frazier Park, hosted by the Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce. 10 a.m. festivities begin 3 p.m. parade. Vendor/parade apps due Dec. 1.
- *Karaoke with Don and Carol at Condor Lounge 7-11 p.m. Pine Mtn. Clubhouse.
Sunday, December 6
- Santa Claus visits Alice’s Attic 12-5 p.m. 601 Lebec Road. Bring camera and wishes.
Monday, December 7 — Pearl Harbor Day
- Living Trust Seminar 3:30-4:45 p.m. Caveman Cavey’s Pizza, 3620 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. Free, reservations recommended due to limited space (800) 350-6376.
Tuesday, December 8
- Hearing for revised Frazier Park Estates plan has been continued to Tuesday, Feb. 9 at 2 p.m. Kern County Board of Supervisors Chambers, 1115 Truxtun Ave. Bakersfield.
Friday, December 11
- *Blues & Jazz Club: Bosalicious 7-10 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse. $15.
Saturday, December 12
- *Santa Claus visits Pine Mountain! Have your Christmas wishes ready, details TBD.
- *Bandit live at Condor Lounge 7-11 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse.
Friday, December 18
- Minimum day for all ETUSD schools. Winter break through Sunday, Jan. 3, 2010.
Saturday, December 19
- *YesterYear’s 6th Annual Holiday Show live at Condor Lounge 6-10 p.m. Pine Mtn.
Tuesday, December 22
- Toys for Tots distribution for all toys 9 a.m.- 2 p.m. Frazier Park Elementary School.
Friday, December 25 — Merry Christmas
- The Mountain Enterprise will be closed on Christmas Day.
Saturday, December 26
- *Joe Croyle live at Condor Lounge 7-11 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse.
This is part of the November 20, 2009 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.