- Preschool Story Time is every Saturday at 2 p.m. at FP Library, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way.
- Donations of prom dresses and tuxedos being collected for Community Closet at I Came To Believe Thrift Store through May 21. Call (661) 993-8079 to help.
- Sign up for Frazier Park Renaissance Faire volunteers and entertainment lasts through May 24, see www.frazmtnrenfaires.com or call (661) 444-8744
- Alan Thompson’s photography at Work of Heart Gallery through May 31 (3011 Mt. Pinos Way)
- Ridge Route Communities Museum is accepting donated barn sale goods through the end of May for June 5-6 Cuddy Valley sale. Call 245-2339 or 245-1789
- Applications for free spay/neuter vouchers are being accepted for dogs over 40 pounds by Mountain Communities SPCA (245-3035).
- Donations sought for auction to benefit Simba Roberts (June 26) 242-2931 or 242-2153.
Thursday, May 20
- El Tejon School Open House. PTSO Chili Cook-Off, BBQ and Cake Auction 5-7:30 p.m., classrooms are open 6:30-7:30 p.m. El Tejon School Drumline will perform (248-6680).
- Early Bird Registration for Jr. Falcon Football and AYSO is being held at El Tejon School Open House, 5-8 p.m.
- Minimum Day for Frazier Park and El Tejon School
- Frazier Mountain High School FFA banquet 6:30 p.m. Cafetorium
Friday, May 21
- Compassion Film Night: Pushin’ Forward by Pine Mountain filmmaker Izumi Tanaka, 7 p.m. Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, Pine Mountain (242-6956)
- Dinner Theater Sampler Night, PMC Condor Rm. $35, call 242-3788 for tickets.
Saturday, May 22
- Kern Autism Workshop: Fathers and Autism: Coping and Support 8:30 a.m. 1300 17th St. Bkfld. Room 1B, free, RSVP required to (661) 588-4235 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th Annual Pleasure Days Carriage Show 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at Tejon Ranch Equestrian Center, antique carriages pulled by horses, ponies and mules. Free admission, call Sue Elle (661) 944-4677 for more information or see www.pleasuredays.org. Continues Sunday
- Car wash by Frazier Mountain High School Freshman Class offered 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in The Mountain Enterprise parking lot (across from Ace Hardware) $5/$7.
- 10th Annual Search and Rescue Golf Tournament starts at 12:30 p.m. at the Buena Vista Golf Course in Taft, check-in is at 11 a.m. Call Mike 245-3725 or see community FYI at www.MountainEnterprise.com for entry form.
- Free Barbecue at Reyes Creek Bar & Grill begins at 12 p.m. followed by Exstatic Classic Rock live at 8 p.m., Camp Scheideck, Lockwood Valley (661) 766-2525.
- Traffic Zone ‘meet the new owners’ potluck barbecue and Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce ribbon cutting at 11 a.m. 3404 Arroyo Trail
- Third Annual Texas Hold’em Poker Fundraiser for the Mountain Shakespeare Festival begins at 12 p.m. with $50 buy-in, Pine Mtn. Club Condor Room (info at 242-6904).
- Frazier Mountain High School Junior Prom is from 7-10 p.m. at the Valencia Hyatt.
- *Wild Side plays live 7 p.m. in the Pine Mountain Clubhouse Lounge (242-3788).
Sunday, May 23
- Jizo Peace Center field trip to Northern California Koyasan Temple’s celebration of Enmei Jizo. Call 242-6956 to reserve your spot in the field trip.
- 7th Annual Pleasure Days Carriage Show 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at Tejon Ranch Equestrian Center, free admission, call Sue Elle (661) 944-4677 or see www.pleasuredays.org.
- Help Center of the World Festival select play finalists for the 2010 readers theater. Volunteer directors/actors/readers welcome. 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Pine Mountain. Call 242-1922
- Meeting to discuss a new worshipping community 4-6 p.m. Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Place, LOW. Refreshments and childcare provided
Tuesday, May 25
- Frazier Mountain High School Robotics banquet 6-8:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 27
- Deadline to apply for Rotary Club scholarship, 245-3456
- Frazier Park School Open House and Silent Auction begins at 5 p.m. with pizza and more, classrooms open 6:30-7:30 p.m. El Tejon School Drumline to perform
- Early Bird Registration for Jr. Falcon Football and AYSO will be held at Frazier Park School Open House, 5-8 p.m.
- Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce general meeting 7 p.m. Cuddy Hall
- Jizo Peace Center field trip to Ananda Ashrama in La Crescenta for Lord Buddha’s birthday departs at 7 p.m. Please call to reserve your spot on the field trip, 242-6956.
Friday, May 28
- *Pine Mountain Clubhouse swimming pool opens for the summer at 7 a.m.
- Watercolor Workshop 2-4:30 p.m. Art Studio, 3701 Mt. Pinos Way, FP $25, (661-204-6569)
- Friday Night Live comedy night at Frazier Mountain High School, 7 p.m. in the cafetorium. $5, ages 14+ only, call 242-1289 for more information or to make reservations
- Blues and Jazz Club: Kwan Hearns 7 p.m. Condor Lounge, Pine Mountain Club $15/$17 (242-3788 to reserve tickets, for members and nonmember guests).
- Teddy and Teresa Spanky live at Reyes Creek Bar and Grill, Camp Scheideck, Lockwood Valley. 8 p.m. (661) 766-2521
- Karaoke at Sue’s Tavern 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. 245-1100
Saturday, May 29
- Second Annual Ridge Route Run Car Show in downtown Frazier Park 7 a.m. car registration ($25), 8-9 a.m. poker walk, 10 a.m. car show starts, music and Star Cars; 3:30 p.m. awards presentation (245-0150 or email@example.com).
- Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs Mobile Vet Center will be at the Ridge Route Run Car Show from 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. with free services available to local vets (legal services, counseling, etc).
- Jr. Falcon Football registration will be at Ridge Route Run Car Show
- First Frazier Mountain Renaissance Faire begins today and continues through Monday, May 31 and then June 5-6 at Tait Ranch. Adults $15 at the gate, children 10-17 $10, under 9 free with adult admission. See ad pg. 5 and www.frazmtnrenfaires.com for more info.
- *Meet the PMCPOA Board Candidates for 2010-2011, 9 a.m. Clubhouse Condor Room
- Free ‘Fix-It Tips’ clinic, 2-3 p.m. The Village Yarn, 16233 Askin Dr., 242-4200 Also Sun.
- *Concert on the Green: Ronnie and the Classics 5:30 p.m. Pine Mountain Golf Course
- Friday Night Live comedy night at Frazier Mountain High School 7 p.m. in the cafetorium, $5, ages 14+ only, call 242-1289 for more information or to make reservations
- *Boys Nite Out live 7:30 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse Lounge. 242-3788.
This is part of the May 21, 2010 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.