- Lori Murphy is June’s Artist of the Month at Work of Heart Gallery (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
- ‘10 Keys to a Successful Marriage’ free seminar for women begins Tuesday, June 8, 10-11:45 a.m. at Lebec Church, 2350 Lebec Road. Childcare $2. Continues every Tuesday through Aug. 10 (248-2004, see story pg. 8)
- Applications for free spay/neuter vouchers are being accepted for dogs over 40 pounds by Mountain Communities SPCA through June 15 (245-3035).
- Frazier Park Library Teen Discussion Group: Comix! begins June 17. All teens are welcome, please sign up prior to June 17 by calling 245-1267.
- Donated auction items sought for Simba Roberts benefit on June 26: 242-2931 or 242-2153.
- Beading classes at A Spot of Bead, see www.aspotofbead.com for schedule of classes through June. Call 245-4400 to sign up.
Thursday, June 3
- AARP “Hamburger Feed” potluck meeting with special guest Lee Dunnevant from Center of the World Festival. 12 p.m. Please bring a side or dessert and your own utensils. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, 245-2234
- *Pine Mountain Community Picnic 4-8 p.m. in Lampkin Park. Picnic continues every Thursday as weather permits. Call 242-3788 for details.
Friday, June 4
- New date: Kern County Veterans Service Dept. Representative at the Family Resource Center 9 a.m.-12 noon, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way. 245-4303, free help for all veterans and their spouses. Continues every first Friday.
- Frazier Mountain High School Senior Sunrise Breakfast 8-10:30 a.m. at the Ranch House Restaurant in Gorman, 49713 Gorman Post Road
- AYSO Youth Soccer Registration at Mike’s Pizza, Lake of the Woods, 5-8 p.m.
- *Family Friendly Friday: Sonny Tubbs performs in the PMC Condor Lounge 6-8 p.m.
- *Wine Society Dinner 6-8 p.m. in the PMC Condor Room. Call 242-3788 for tickets
Saturday, June 5
- Frazier Mountain Renaissance Faire continues today and Sunday at Tait Ranch. See www.frazmtnrenfaires.com for more information, $10/$15 at the gate.
- Ridge Route Museum’s barn sale is at 10648 Cuddy Vlly Rd. 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Also Sunday.
- Pinon Pines Estates Lot Owners and Mutual Water Company annual general meeting 9:30 a.m. Fire station
- Lori Murphy’s Artist of the Month Reception is 11-4 p.m. at the Work of Heart Gallery (3011 Mt. Pinos Way in Frazier Park). Meet Lori and see her work. Refreshments served.
- Condor Group of the Sierra Club potluck is 6 p.m. and talk is at 7 p.m. on wildlife biology by tracking expert Jim Lowery, Pine Mountain Clubhouse Pool Pavilion; open to all (242-0432).
- *YesterYear plays live at 7:30 p.m. in the Pine Mountain Clubhouse Lounge (242-3788).
- Rueben live plays Reyes Creek Bar & Grill, Camp Scheideck, Lockwd Vlly. 8 p.m. (661-766-2521).
Sunday, June 6
- Ridge Route Museum’s barn sale is at 10648 Cuddy Valley Road. 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Freeman Drive Neighborhood Watch Group’s first meeting is 2 p.m. at the home of Harley Malloy, 2039 Freeman Drive (Pine Mountain). 242-0171 or (661) 400-8166. Meetings tentatively to continue every first Sunday.
- *Teen Movie Night is at the Pine Mountain Clubhouse, 7-10 p.m. Continues every Sunday.
Monday, June 7
- Kern Co. Brd of Supervisors budget hearing 6 p.m. 1115 Truxtun Ave, Bkfld.
- Frazier Mountain High School Senior Awards banquet 6 p.m. Cafetorium
Tuesday, June 8
- Election Day Remember to vote!
- Frazier Park Library Summer Reading Program: Amazing Water Experiments 11:30 a.m., 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park, 245-1267, free
- ‘10 Keys to a Successful Marriage’ free seminar for women 10-11:45 a.m. at Lebec Church, 2350 Lebec Road. Childcare $2. Continues weekly through Aug. 10 (248-2004)
Wednesday, June 9
- Property clearance must be completed by today
- Kern County Board of Supervisors budget hearing resumes for additional budget considerations, 9 a.m. in supervor’s chambers, 1115 Truxtun Ave, Bakersfield.
- Beginning and Intermediate Knitting class with guest instructor Dawn Burns 1-2 p.m. at A Spot of Bead, 3436-A Mt. Pinos Way, $15 (245-4400; every Wednesday).
- Groundbreaking ceremony for El Tejon School and Frazier Park School will be held at 5:30 p.m. at Frazier Park School (3149 San Carlos Trail).
Thursday, June 10
- Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s mobile office hours 10-11 a.m., Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way. Call Vince (661) 327-3611 for an appointment.
- *Pine Mountain Community Picnic meets from 4-8 p.m. in Lampkin Park. Picnic continues every Thursday as weather permits. Call 242-3788 for details.
- Frazier Mountain High School graduation. 6 p.m. 248-0310
Friday, June 11
- El Tejon Unified School District last day of school
- El Tejon School 8th grade graduation 7:30 p.m. at Frazier Mountain High School.
- Pine Mountain Club Property Owner’s Association Town Hall 7 p.m. Clubhouse
Saturday, June 12
- Chipper Day for Pinon Pines, please see www.pinonpines.com/chipperdays.asp for guidelines on how to participate. Call Captain Lange for info (661) 391-7079
- Wine in the Pines Festival is in Pine Mountain Village ($45 advance tickets through June 8 at www.wineinthepines.com) or $60 at the door. Must be 21 or older to attend.
- Clean Up the Ridge Route meets at The Ranchhouse Restaurant, 9 a.m. (49713 Gorman Post Road) and caravans to the Tumble Inn site. Wear work clothes, bring tools. 242-2726
- Handmade Card class with special guest instructor Pam Miller 10 a.m.-12 p.m. at A Spot of Bead, 3436-A Mt. Pinos Way, $20, 245-4400
- *Concert on the Green brings Do Wah Riders at 5:30 p.m. to the Pine Mountain golf course. See the Mountain Communities SPCA Silent Auction at the concert, call 245-3035 to donate items.
- *Bandit live 7:30 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse Lounge. 242-3788
- Big Phil’s Heavy Metal Band live at Reyes Creek Bar and Grill, Camp Scheideck, Lockwood Valley. 8 p.m. (661) 766-2521
Tuesday, June 15
- Last day for public review of 2011 Regional Transportation Plan; see online at www. kerncog.org (or call 661 861-2191 for more information).
This is part of the June 04, 2010 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.