- Sign up for the 43rd Annual Fiesta Days contests and tournaments (Queen, Parade, Pet Show, Hack Tournament and more) by downloading entry forms from www. frazierfiestadays.com, emailing email@example.com or by calling 661-431-8260 for info. Forms also available at Tanicures in Frazier Park (3624 Mt. Pinos Way.
- Mountain Shakespeare Festival presents Taming of the Shrew and The Odd Couple, through July 24 in the Pine Mountain Village Gazebo. $10/$5 admission, see full schedule at www.mountainshakes.org and ad pg. 12 (242-6904).
- Mike Cram is July’s Artist of the Month at Work of Heart Gallery (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
- AYSO: Sign up for the Challenger British Soccer Camp by July 19. Call Beth at 661-877-1621 or 661-794-7621 for more info.
- Sign up for Focus Central’s Art Camp 5 through July 19 (camp will be July 19-23). $50/ week or $15/day. To RSVP call Mary at 661-204-6569, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.focuscentral.org. Discounts and scholarships available.
- Sign up for LOWSDA’s Vacation Bible School ‘High Sea Expedition’ for children preschool through 5th grade by contacting Erika at 248-6122 or email@example.com. Cost is $5 per child (free before July 19). School is July 26-30 at Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Place, Lake of the Woods.
- Sign up for Pine Mountain Community Christian Church’s Vacation Bible School for children 3 years to 6th grade by calling 661-242-1025. School 9 a.m.-noon July 26-30.
- ‘10 Keys to a Successful Marriage’ free seminar for women every Tuesday through August 10 from 10-11:45 a.m. at Lebec Church, 2350 Lebec Road. Childcare $2. (248-2004)
- Beading classes at A Spot of Bead, see www.aspotofbead.com for schedule of classes through July. Call 245-4400 to sign up.
Thursday, July 8
- Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s mobile office hours are from 10-11 a.m. at the Frazier Park Family Resource Ctr., 3015 Mt. Pinos Way. Call 661-327-3611 to make an appointment.
- Assemblymember Jean Fuller’s office hours are from 3-5 p.m. at the Frazier Park Library, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way. Call 661-395-2995 to make an appointment.
Friday, July 9
- Deadline to apply for Fiesta Days Queen is at 5 p.m., Tanicures, 3624 Mt. Pinos Way.
- *Pine Mountain Town Hall meeting is at 7 p.m. in the Condor Room. Jackie Denny and Teams from Kern County Tax Assessor/Collections office will give presentations (242-3788)
- Karaoke begins at 9 p.m. at Sue’s Tavern, 3400 Mt. Pinos Way (245-1100)
Saturday, July 10
- Hope National’s ‘Searching the Heart’ Women’s Conference: Abiding in the Unfailing Love of God 8:30 a.m-3:30 p.m. at Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Pl., free, all ladies welcome, RSVP to Jodie firstname.lastname@example.org, www.thevinepregnancycenter.org
- Clean Up The Ridge Route volunteers will meet at 9 a.m. at the Ranch House Restaurant (49713 Gorman Post Road) to carpool past locked forest service gates. Wear work clothes and bring gloves and tools. RSVP or call Carl at 242-2726 for more info.
- *Pine Mountain Club Community Swap Meet is from 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. in Lampkin Park. Call 242-3788 for details.
- *Pine Mountain Club Community and Employee Appreciation Picnic is from 3-7 p.m. in Lampkin Park. Please bring a dish to share (burgers and hot dogs provided). Meet the new directors and employees while enjoying live music by Bandit.
- Kyle Hunt and the Gypsy Kings Festival: four bands live at Reyes Creek Bar and Grill, Camp Scheideck, Lockwood Valley. 4 p.m.-1 a.m. (661-766-2521)
- Mike Cram’s Artist of the Month reception at Work of Heart Gallery is at 7 p.m., 3011 Mt. Pinos Way (behind the Coffee Cantina) Refreshments and hors d’oeuvres served.
- *Chris Wilson plays live at the Pine Mountain Clubhouse Condor Room 7-11 p.m.
Sunday, July 11
- Freeman Drive Neighborhood Watch meeting is at 2 p.m., 2039 Freeman Drive, Pine Mountain (242-0171). Learn about fire safety. All invited, every second Sunday.
Tuesday, July 13
- Frazier Mountain Little League fall ball registration will be 5-6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s ($65 per player), followed by a Board Meeting at 6:30 p.m. (245-1030)
Wednesday, July 14
- Katherine ‘Katie’ Kleier, will attend her first El Tejon Unified School District board meeting as the new Superintendent of Schools, at 7 p.m. in the Frazier Mountain High School library. The public is invited to attend to offer a welcome.
Friday, July 16
- Compassion Film Night: Japan’s Secret Garden will begin at 7 p.m. at the Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, Pine Mountain (242-6956)
- *Totally Awesome 80s Teen Dance the Pine Mountain Clubhouse Pool Pavilion from 7-10 p.m. Prizes for the best 80s fashion, $7 per person (242-3788)
Saturday, July 17
- Tejon Ranch Conservancy hosts an artist morning in Antelope Valley. Sign up at www.tejonranchconservancy.org as spaces are very limited. This event is free.
- Grapevine Glitter Elite and Youth Cheerleading aluminum can collection fundraiser begins today and continues through Saturday, July 24. Drop off your cans at 3524 Mt. Pinos Way, 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m. daily, no glass please
- Medication Take-Back at Frazier Park Market from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dispose of unwanted or expired medications. Call the Mountain Coalition Against Substance Abuse (McCASA) for more information, 245-4303.
- ‘The Heart of the Mountain’ wine tasting and art auction is from 5-8 p.m. to benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Frazier Mountain at the Tejon Ranch Hacienda. Call Ricki at 661-325-3730 or Linda at 661-747-3062 for more information ($50/ticket; story page 14).
- *Concert on the Green: City Beat 5:30 p.m. Pine Mountain golf course. Mountain Communities SPCA Silent Auction at the concert, please call 245-3035 to donate
- Punk Rock Night at Work of Heart Gallery: local bands The Blood Thirsties, The Walking Dead and New Hope will play live beginning at 6 p.m. $10 suggested donation (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, behind the Coffee Cantina, 245-3611)
- *The Wranglers play live at the Pine Mountain Clubhouse Condor Room 7-11 p.m.
- Toni Dodd & The Southbound Blues live at Reyes Creek Bar and Grill, Camp Scheideck, Lockwood Valley. 8 p.m. (661-766-2521)
- Midnight Special plays live at Sue’s Tavern beginning at 9 p.m. 3400 Mt. Pinos Way
Monday, July 19
- AYSO Region 382 presents Challenger British Soccer Camp for ages 3-14, sign up at www.challengersports.com or call Beth (661-877-1621 or 661-794-7621) for info.
- AARP Trip to the Long Beach Aquarium, $65 includes admission and round-trip coach from Flying J. RSVP to Jessie Jewell at 245-1995 (payment due July 17)
This is part of the July 09, 2010 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.