Ongoing through November
- Get a free listing for your business in the December ‘Shop the Mountain’ issue of The New Mountain Pioneer. Submit the form on pg. 7 of the print edition or use this online form at www.MountainEnterprise.com (in Community FYI, right column) by November 19.
- Work of HeART Gallery features Peter Gullerud as Artist of the Month in November.
- Toys for Tots enrollment is open through Nov. 10. Sign up at the Family Resource Center (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Bandit plays live at La Sierra 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays Nov. 2-30 (3500 Mt. Pinos Way).
- Sign up for FMHS Ski Club Feb. 2011 trip through Nov. 30 (FMHSSkiClub@aol.com, 242-3340)
Thursday, November 4
- AARP Thanksgiving potluck/meeting begins at 12 p.m. in the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. A speaker from the California Telephone Access Program will be presenting, and new officers will be elected. Bring side dish to share, table service.
- Opening reception for ‘Heroes’ art exhibition benefitting the Kern County Chapter of the Wounded Heroes Fund is from 5-7 p.m. at The Foundry (1700 Chester Ave, Bakersfield). Refreshments and treats will be available. $5 entry, veterans with ID free (661-301-3283)
Friday, November 5
- Ridge Route Communities Museum & Historical Society 2010 Arts & Crafts Show will be 12-4 p.m. in the Frazier Park Community Building (300 Park Dr.). Free parking, bake sale (245-3324 or 245-2339, www.rrchs.org, firstname.lastname@example.org .
- *Family Friendly Friday is from 6-8 p.m. in the Pine Mountain Clubhouse Condor Room with entertainment for the whole family provided by DJ Loai Khouja. Continues every Friday.
Saturday, November 6
- Ridge Route Communities Museum & Historical Society 2010 Arts & Crafts Show continues 9 a.m.-4 p.m. in the Frazier Park Community Building (300 Park Dr.). Free parking, bake sale (245-3324 or 245-2339, www.rrchs.org, email@example.com .
- *Pine Mountain Club Property Owner’s Association ‘New Member Meet and Greet’ will be from 3-6 p.m. in the Clubhouse Condor Room.
- Naturalist for You will lead a Chumash Black Oak Acorn Harvest Exploration up McGill Trail on Mt. Pinos 4-7 p.m. Call 714-649-9084 to RSVP.
- Peter Gullerud’s Artist of the Month reception is at 7 p.m. in the Work of HeART Gallery. First 25 guests receive a free artist’s DVD (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, behind the Cantina)
- Open forum on school safety and bullying for families, teachers and students to propose solutions is 7-9 p.m. at Cuddy Hall (335 Lakewood Place, LOW, 242-1214 .
Sunday, November 7 — Daylight Saving Time Ends
- Daylight Saving Time ends, remember to turn clocks back one hour at 2 a.m.
- FMHS Ski & Snowboard Club 11th Annual trip sign ups will be from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. in the Work of HeArt Gallery (behind the Coffee Cantina, 3011 Mt. Pinos Way).
- Open Door—A Progressive Christian Community presents an ‘All Saints Event’ to celebrate the lives of loved ones who have passed. Starts at 4 p.m. in the Work of HeART Gallery (behind Coffee Cantina, 3011 Mt. Pinos Way). All are welcome and may bring photos to share. Remembrance candles, refreshments provided. Childcare avail. OpenDoorAPCC@gmail.com
Monday, November 8
- Applications for Kern County Board of Trade Tourism Grants due by 5 p.m.; Email as PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Tourism Grant Application). Ask for return receipt. Mail to: Kern County Board of Trade, 2101 Oak Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301. Postmarks not adequate. Must be in the office at 5 p.m. Call 800-500-KERN for more info.
Wednesday, November 10
- Flu Vaccine Clinic by the Kern County Department of Public Health is 2-4 p.m. at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center (300 Park Drive). Flu shots are $2 each .
Thursday, November 11 — Veterans Day
- Veterans Day holiday for all ETUSD schools. The Mountain Enterprise will be open.
Friday, November 12
- Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s mobile office hours are 10-11 a.m. at the Family Resource Center (3015 Mt. Pinos Way). Call 661-327-3611 to make an appointment.
- Welcome reception for local artists Roberta Jean Owen, Eda Jensen Martinek and JoAnn Koch is 5-8 p.m. at Arts for Earth Foundation. There will be refreshments, music and a raffle to support the 2011 children’s Arts In Nature Club (3408 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-1534)
- FMHS Girls Volleyball team fundraising game begins at 5:30 p.m. Lady Falcons play against the FMHS Football Team and faculty to raise money for new uniforms.
- *The Pine Mountain Town Hall meeting will feature a talk by David Koskenmaki on the region’s geology at 7 p.m in the Clubhouse Condor Room.
Sunday, November 14
- Mountain Memories Association public meeting is at 5:30 p.m. at the Coffee Cantina . All welcome to help plan Fiesta Days 2011 event (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, 661-431-8260).
Monday, November 15
- Editorial deadline for the December New Mountain Pioneer is at 12 p.m.
Wednesday, November 17
- Advertising deadline for the December New Mountain Pioneer is at 2 p.m.
Thursday, November 18
- Kern Community Foundation’s Women’s and Girls’ Fund grant applications due by 5 p.m. (3300 Truxtun Ave., Bakersfield, CA 93301, fax 661-325-5358, www.kernfoundation.org).
- James Goldman’s ‘Lion in Winter’ dinner theater performance by Mountain Shakespeare Festival begins at 6:30 p.m. with show at 8 p.m. in the Pine Mountain Club Condor Room. Call 242-3788 for tickets ($25 dinner/show, $15 show only). Also Friday
- Business Readiness free workshop by the Mountain Communities Small Business Development Center is from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Cuddy Hall (335 Lakewood Place, Lake of the Woods). This is an information session designed to evaluate readiness for a February 2011 Self-Employment Training course. Sign up by calling 805-667-8004
Friday, November 19
- Deadline for “Shop the Mountain” free listing submissions for December edition of The New Mountain Pioneer.
- GEMCare Medicare Plus HMO special meeting for Medicare beneficiaries is 11 a.m. at La Sierra Restaurant (3500 Mt. Pinos Way). Learn more about the Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plan. RSVP to 661-716-8800 or 877-697-2464.
- Seventeenth Annual Regional Award of Merit Program nominations due by 5 p.m. at Kern Council of Gov. (1401 19th St. Bakersfield, CA 93301, kerncog.org, 661-861-2191)
- James Goldman’s ‘Lion in Winter’ dinner theater performance by Mountain Shakespeare Festival begins at 6:30 p.m. with show at 8 p.m. in the Pine Mountain Club Condor Room. Call 242-3788 for tickets ($25 dinner/show, $15 show only).
Saturday, November 20
- Dragonfly’s Garden, a new Frazier Park florist, will have their grand opening at 12 noon. (3121 Mt. Pinos Way, behind Big John’s, 245-1895.
This is part of the November 05, 2010 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.