February and Ongoing
- Work of HeART Artist of the Month is Jody Valmassy. Enjoy her work at the gallery through February (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, behind the Coffee Cantina. 245-3548).
- Nature Art Club Program introduces students to creating “archival” paintings of wildlife for grades 3-6. For info call Michelle Nosco at 661-803-7744 or email email@example.com
- Shepherd of the Mountains Lutheran Church Rummage Sale is accepting donations dropped off from 9 a.m. to 12 noon between February 27 and March 3 at 6700 Lakewood Dr., LOW.
- Burning of USFS slash piles around the Mountain Communities continues to April.
- Jr. Falcons Football Club meets every other Saturday at noon at Frazier Mountain Park. For information contact Mike Martin at 661-444-2159 or Roger Sumpter at 661-805-1250.
- Girl Scouts will start delivering cookies and setting up booths outside local businesses. They will also collect non-perishable food items for the local food cupboard.
Thursday, February 24
- Frazier Mountain High School Winter Sports Banquet is at 6 p.m. in the cafetorium.
Friday, February 25
- CANCELLED-Yesteryear, anticipating bad weather tonight, has cancelled this engagement at La Sierra Restaurant but will be back next week.
Saturday, February 26
- Volunteer Training for the Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve is 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Poppy Reserve. To sign up contact Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org. (15101 Lancaster Road).
- Frazier Mountain Little League Season begins at El Tejon Fields. Games start at 10 a.m.
Jr. Falcons Football Club meets at Frazier Mountain Park at noon. For info contact Mike Martin at 661-444-2159 or Roger Sumpter at 661-805-1250.
- Ridge Route Communities Museum will be closed due to memorial services being held for Dale Chitwood, president of the museum, at Wind Wolves Preserve.
- Bandit plays live at the Pine Mountain Clubhouse Condor Lounge from 7-11 p.m.
- Celtic Balladeer, Musician and Poet David Nigel Lloyd appears at 7 p.m. in the Work of HeART Gallery (3011 Mt. Pinos Way behind the Coffee Cantina, call 245-3548).
- I Candy plays live at Sue’s Tavern at 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park 245-1100
Monday, February 28
Intent-to-Enroll Forms for the Pine Mountain Learning Center are due. Call 661-364-3811 or come by the office at 3057 Cerro Noroeste, Pine Mtn. See www.pmlcenter.org
Tuesday, March 1
Bandit plays live from 6-9 p.m. at La Sierra Restaurant (3500 Mt. Pinos Way) in Frazier Park.
Wednesday, March 2
- Lebec County Water District Board of Directors candidates to submit resumes today
- Celebrate Dr. Suess’ Birthday at the Frazier Park Library. Bring the family. Listen to the story “Bartholomew and the Oobleck.” Make an Oobleck and discover its properties at 5 p.m. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frzier Park 245-1267).
Thursday, March 3
- AARP Potluck Meeting is 12 noon at Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. Candace Huskey from Shelter on the Hill is the guest speaker. Bring your potluck, plates and utensils. (see p. 9)
Friday, March 4
- Annual Fund Raising Rummage Sale for Shepherd of the Mountains Lutheran Church is from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (6700 Lakewood Drive in Lake of the Woods).
- Yesteryear plays live at La Sierra from 6-9 p.m.–dance contest at 8 p.m. at 3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP.
Saturday, March 5
Volunteer Training for the Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve is from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Poppy Reserve. To sign up contact Jean at email@example.com (15101 Lancaster Rd.)
- Fort Tejon State Historical Society Army Days takes you back in time to 1856. Experience daily army life from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. There are no food concessions, so please bring a picnic lunch. Adults $7, children 6-12 $3. Please call 661-248-6692 for more information.
*Mardi Gras Party with Maddogs is rocking at the PMC Condor Lounge from 7-11 p.m.
Thursday, March 10
- Used Book Sale at Beale Memorial Library is 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday from 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Saturday half-price sale from 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. at 701 Truxtun Ave. Bakersfield. For more info call 868-0796.
- Awana Club is open to children from preschool through sixth grade. Meets at 6 p.m. at Pine Mountain Christian Community Church.
Friday, March 11
- Pine Mountain Town Hall Meeting features guest speaker John Dilibert who will discuss identity theft at 7 p.m. in the Pine Mountain Club Condor Room. Free. All are welcome.
Saturday, March 12
- Frazier Mountain High School Cheer Team Car Wash at The Mountain Enterprise across from Ace Hardware is from 10 a.m.-3 p.m., $5 per vehicle.
- Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve Visitor Center is open from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. weekdays, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. weekends. Jane S. Pinheiro’s watercolors are on display. Guided tours about the wildflowers and cultural history are offered (15101 Lancaster Rd. 661-724-1180).
- Leeway Studios & Art Gallery is open from 12:30-8 p.m. View local artists and enjoy special evening events. Call 242-1239 (above Jennings Realty, facing golf course in Pine Mountain Village).
*Rick Berthod plays live at the Pine Mountain Clubhouse Condor Lounge from 7-11 p.m.
Tuesday, March 15
- Theology Nite at the Pub: “Forgiveness” will be hosted by Open Door A Progressive Christian Community at 7-8:30 p.m. at Madd Bailey’s Pub in Pine Mountain Village 242-1267.
Thursday, March 17
- Enjoy St. Patrick’s Day Crafts fun at the Frazier Park Library from 11 a.m. -7 p.m. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-1267). Wear your green!
*St. Paddy’s Day Party is 5-9 p.m. in the Pine Mountain Condor Room with DJ Jim Johnson.
Friday, March 18
- Lake of the Woods Mutual Water Company Board of Directors candidates must submit a letter of intent to place their names on the ballot. Letters are due today. The annual meeting for voting is April 16 at Cuddy Hall.
This is part of the February 25, 2011 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.