April and Ongoing
- May’s Artists of the Month at Work of HeART Gallery are FMHS Art Students. (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, behind the Coffee Cantina 245-3548.)
- Junior Falcons Football Club meets at Frazier Mountain Park every other Saturday at noon. All 3rd-8th graders are welcome. For info call Mike at 661-444-2159 or Roger at 661-805-1250.
- The Wild Watchers Nature & Art Club teaches grade 3-6 students to paint wildlife. Call Michelle Nosco at 661-803-7744 or email email@example.com for more details.
- Energy Fair Letter of Intent (describing your project) is due by June 15 to P.O. Box 6770, Pine Mountain Club, 93222. Win cash prizes. For more info call 661-242-6960 or email letslivelocal.org
- Zoppeland A Family Event with archery, horses, spear throwing, jousting, sword play and more. For more info firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donations Wanted for Annual Barn Sale for the Ridge Route Communities Museum. Call 245-2339 or 245-1789 for more info.
- Free Storytelling Workshops for parents and children are offered by Center of the World Festival 2-4 p.m. May 21 and 28 at Cuddy Hall, Lake of the Woods. To enroll, call 242-1583.
- Discover True Beauty with Joanne Frank, who teaches true beauty at 3008 Mt. Pinos Way, FP across from the Coffee Cantina. Tuesday evenings from 7-8:15 p.m. May 10- July 12. For more info contact Judy Rose 248-2004.
- Improv Classes with Anna Bradley offered for 18 years and older at the Work of HeART Gallery (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, behind the Coffee Cantina 245-3548). $45 for a 6 week class, Thursday 6:30-8:30 p.m. April 28- June 2. For more info call 242-2623.
- Women Empowering Women Workshops will help you express your opinions effectively about community issues. Four free sessions are from 9-11 a.m. at the Family Resource Center meeting room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way). Call 242-0432 to register, or for more info.
Thursday, May 5
- Show your Mom you love her by making a card and flowers—crafts table set up all day at the Frazier Park Library (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-1267).
- Town Hall Meeting for Foster Program for large animals is at 6:30 p.m. at Kern County Public Health Department 1800 Mount Vernon Ave. For more information call 321-3000.
Friday, May 6
- Learn About a Network of Senior Services for Older Adults at Frazier Mountain Community Center, 3801 Park Dr. from 10:30 a.m.-12 noon for info call Gary at 245-4303 or email@example.com.
- YesterYear plays live at La Sierra Restaurant, 3500 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park at 6 p.m.
- “Masquerade” Prom hosted by Frazier Mountain High School Junior Class ASB is at the Sheraton Universal in Los Angeles. Tickets are $75.
*Family Friendly Friday is Xbox Knect fun and music with DJ Scott Parsons from 6-9 p.m. in the Pine Mountain Condor Room.
Saturday, May 7
- 16th Annual Antelope Valley Ride check-in is 7 a.m. at George Lane Park, 5520 West Ave. L-8, Quartz Hill. More info call 661-943-9000, firstname.lastname@example.org/Events.htm
Saturday, May 7 continued
*Meet the Candidates forum will hear from the candidates running for the PMCPOA Board of Directors, moderated by Carolyn Davenport, in the Condor Room from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Mountain Communities SPCA is collecting gently-used donations at rear of Frazier Park Post Office from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. for fundraising garage sale to be held soon, date TBA.
- Gala Artist of the Month Reception features art of FMHS students at the Work of HeART Gallery, Frazier Park (behind the Coffee Cantina, 3011 Mt. Pinos Way) at 6 p.m. The exhibition will be through May. Refreshments will be served.
- Karaoke at Sue’s Tavern is at 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park, 245-1100.
*Nikkita Lee & the Outlaws plays live at the Pine Mountain Condor Lounge from 7-11 p.m.
Sunday, May 8 Happy Mother’s Day!
*Mother’s Day Brunch is 9 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Condor Room. For reservations call 242-3788.
- Mother’s Day Special runs all day at La Sierra Restaurant, 3500 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. YesterYear plays live from 12:30-3:30 p.m.
Monday, May 9
*Oktoberfest Organization Meeting is 6 p.m. in the Condor Room for more info 242-3788.
Tuesday, May 10
- Bandit plays live at La Sierra Restaurant, 3500 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park at 6 p.m.
Thursday, May 12
- Congressman Kevin McCarthy mobile office hours are 10-11 a.m. at the Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. Call Vince 661-327-3611 for an appointment.
Friday, May 13
- PMC Town Hall Meeting special guest speaker is Kim Mathews, biological scientist for Hungry Valley SVRA, who discusses local reptiles at 7 p.m. in the Pine Mountain Condor Room. The public is welcome to attend.
Saturday, May 14
- 29th Annual Lilac Festival with artisans, performers musicians, parade and food. Fun for the entire family, admission is free in Pine Mountain Club Village 9 a.m.-5 p.m. For more info www.pinemountainlilacfestival.com/ For booth info call 661-242-2023.
- Pet Expo 2011 is 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Central Park, 27150 Bouquet Canyon Rd., Santa Clarita.
*PMC Safety Fair sponsored by PMCPOA Emergency Preparedness Committee is 12 noon-3 p.m. at Lampkin Park. For more info call 242-1094.
- Golden Spur Casino & Saloon $30 donation includes $200 funny money, dinner and 1 raffle ticket. Dinner is at 5:30 p.m. Gaming begins at 6:30 p.m. at Cuddy Hall, Lake of the Woods. For more info and to sponsor or donate call Kathy 661-330-9568 or Lori 661-248-1831.
- Open “Mic” Event for all you writers, artists, photographers and musicians is hosted by Leeway Studios & Art Gallery, 16218 Mil Potrero Hwy. #203 from 6-8 p.m. Refreshments will be served.
- Budda Birthday Celebration a community meditation is at 6 p.m. at the Jizo Peace Center, film “Buddha’s Lost Children” to follow. More info 661-242-6956.
*Bandit plays live at the Pine Mountain Condor Lounge from 7-11 p.m.
- Midnight Ride plays live at Sue’s Tavern at 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park, 245-1100.
This is part of the May 06, 2011 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.