• Condors Football practice and sign ups for youth ages 6-14. Every Tues., Wed., Thurs. from 4-6 p.m. at Frazier Mountain Park. See ad on page 13 of the June 14 Mountain Enterprise.
• Community Academy is a twelve-week course taught by sheriff personnel for community members 18 and older. Application deadline is August 16. For more info call Deputy Steven Castillo at 661-868-1682 or email@example.com (See story on page 8)
Friday, Aug. 2
• 46th Annual Fiesta Days in Frazier Mountain Park begins today, from 4-10 p.m. Enjoy crafts, vendors, food, carnival and games, plus the famous Fiesta Days Pet Show and Battle of the Bands. See ads on page 17 and 6.
Saturday, Aug. 3
• Fiesta Days Parade begins at 10 a.m. through downtown Frazier Park. The 46th Annual Celebration is in Frazier Mountain Park from 10 a.m.-10 p.m. VFW Pancake Breakfast opens at 7 a.m. Crafts, vendors, food, carnival with family games and entertainment throughout the day.
• ‘An Evening in the Garden’ is a fundraiser for the PMC Community Garden from 5-8 p.m. in the garden, adjacent to Pine Mountain’s Lampkin Park. Join in a Tri-tip BBQ dinner (with a vegetarian option), music and silent auction. $10 donation for adults, $5 children.
• Pictures and Picnic Potluck is the menu for the Condor Group of the Sierra Club. Please bring a picture to share. The picnic is at Lampkin Park in Pine Mountain at 6 p.m. At 7 p.m. a special film on fracking, “Gasland II”, by filmmaker Josh Fox at the Pine Mountain Clubhouse Pool Pavilion. Everyone is welcome. For more info call Mary Ann at 661-242-0432.
Sunday, Aug. 4
• 46th Annual Fiesta Days in Frazier Mountain Park. Crafts, vendors, food, carnival, horseshoe tournament, log sawing contest and more. VFW Pancake Breakfast opens at 7 a.m. Family games and entertainment throughout the day 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 10
• Run to the Pines 16th Annual Car Show begins at 9 a.m. in Pine Mountain Village Center. For more info call Conrad Schwarm at 242-2298; Pine Mountain Club Commercial Property Owners Association at 242-1996; Rosetta Burgelin at 242-1358; or see www.runtothepinesautoshow.com. Admission is free.
Thursday, Aug. 15
•First Day of School for El Tejon Unified and Gorman School Districts will be on half day, ETUSD schedule is 8 a.m.-1:15 p.m. Gorman is 8 a.m.-1:15 p.m.
•Come join Mountain Day Spa and the Chamber of Commerce for a mixer/networking event at 6 p.m. at Mountain Day Spa 3436 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. Please bring an appetizer to share. More info call 661-245-1212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, August 17
•Center of the World Festival Playwright Competition, 1:30-3:30, 7:30-9:30 p.m. You vote for the winners. Pine Mountain Village gazebo; Donations accepted. Info: 661-242-1583.
Sunday, August 18
•Center of the World Festival Playwright Competition is 1:30-3:30 and 7:30-9:30 p.m. You vote for the winners. Pine Mountain Village gazebo; Donations accepted. Info: 661-242-1583.
At the Frazier Park Public Library
July 25, Thursday
Computer Coaching 11:30 a.m. Appt. call to make appt. 245-1267
July 27, Saturday
Beginning Piano 9-9:30 a.m. Call to sign up 245-1189
Quilt and Chat 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Reading of the Greek Classics 5-6:30 p.m.
July 30, Tuesday
Adult Art Workshop 2 p.m.
July 31, Wednesday
Friends of the Library Book Sale-Members only, Membership sold at the door. 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Library hours: Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Sat. 9-5
3732 Park Drive, FP— 661-245-1267
REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
Yoga & Sound Meditation 9 a.m. PowWow Lodge, 2400 Ironwood Dr., PMC. 242-1779
White Sage Lace Guild, Bobbin lace & tatting. 9 a.m.- 3 p.m. Liz 242-0619
Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wed., Fri.) 245-1952 or 245-3366
Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-1992
Frazier Mountain Quilters, Frazier Park Senior Center 12:30-4 p.m. Norma 248-6256
Al-Anon Meetings 6:30-7:30 p.m. Healthy Start Meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245-2557
Family Story time 11:30 a.m. Frazier Park Library 245-1267
Canasta, Frazier Park Community Center Senior Room 1 p.m. Every Wednesday: Mommy & Me, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Family Resource Center, 245-4303
Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study 10 a.m. 242-1025
Wacky Wednesdays, Pine Mountain Christian Community Church 6-8 p.m. (6th-8th grades) 242-1025
CrossTrainers at Frazier Mountain Community Center 6:30-8 p.m. 3rd-7th graders (girls 3rd-9th) Coach Rose 248-2004
Scrappers Club 8-2 Pool Pavilion at PM Clubhouse
Paralegal available at Family Resource Center 9 a.m.-1 p.m., 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-4303
T.O.P.S. 9:15 a.m. Lebec 248-6227
Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-1992
Mexican Train Domino, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Room 1 p.m. 245-1992
Yoga & Sound Meditation 9 a.m. PowWow Lodge, 2400 Ironwood, PMC. 242-1779
Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery 242-8439 (below Madd Bailey’s Pub) from 12 noon-11 p.m. Pine Mountain (resumes in February)
AA Meeting is 6-7:30 p.m. Healthy Start meeting room. 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102.
Yoga and Meditation 7 p.m. Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, PMC. 242-6956
Yard Sale Show, Channel 14 Cable show at 7 a.m. 245-2688
Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery (below Madd Bailey’s Pub) 12-8 p.m. Pine Mountain 242-8439
Bingo 7-9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, Frazier Park 245-3273
Strolls with the Condor Group of the Sierra Club. Meet at PMC Clubhouse parking lot 8-9:30 a.m. 242-0432
Mexician Train Domino and canasta at the Frazier Park Community Center Senior Room 1 p.m.
Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery (below Madd Bailey’s Pub) 12-5 p.m. PMC 242-8439
REGULAR BI-WEEKLY EVENTS
2nd & 4th Wednesday:
Dept. of Human Services 9:30-11:30 a.m. Family Resource Center, No appt. needed.
Senior Sack 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-3409
2nd & 4th Saturday:
Veterans PTSD Support Group 7 p.m. near Midway Market upstairs in LOW. 245-4269
REGULAR MONTHLY EVENTS
Pine Mountain Village Merchants 9 a.m. Mil Potrero Mutual Water Company, 242-4022
Lebec County Water District board meeting, 7 p.m. New location 757 Lebec Rd. Lebec,
Salvation Army Commodities Distribution 10:30 a.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-3995
Boys & Girls Club Board Meeting 12 noon Tejon Mountain Village 661-663-4281
AARP Potluck 12 noon at FP Community Center
Red Hat Society Frazier Mountain Mommas 9 a.m. Call Kay for place, 245-2673
Drum & Sound Circle 6:30-8:30 p.m. PowWow Lodge, 2400 Ironwood Dr. PMC 242-1779
VFW & Ladies Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall
Sierra Club Condor Group 6:30 p.m. Pool Pavilion, PMC Clubhouse, 242-0423
Frazier Mountain High School Booster Club Caveman Cavey’s 6:30 p.m.
Gorman School Board 3:30 p.m.
Frazier Park Public Utility District office 245-3734
Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Firehouse
Assemblywomen Shannon Grove’s mobile office hours 10-11 a.m. Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP Appt. Javier at 661-395-2995.
Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s mobile office hours are 10-11 a.m. at the Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. For an appointment call Vince at 661-327-3611
El Tejon School PTSO 3:15 p.m.
Ridge Route Museum Board Meeting. 6 p.m.
South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center
ETUSD School Board 7 p.m. El Tejon Continuation High School at Frazier Mountain High School
Pine Mountain Club Town Hall 7 p.m. 242-1609
Scouts West 4 x 4 Club. Caveman Cavey’s 10 a.m. 245-3250
Relay for Life of the Mountain Communities VFW Hall 2-4 p.m. 245-6239
Frazier Park School PTSO 2:15 p.m.
MCMAC (Municipal Advisory Council) 7 p.m. FP Community Center
South Kern Cemetery Board Meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin. Lisa 661-845-2540
Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. 245-5021 Members & guests
AARP Board meeting 9:30 a.m. Frazier Park Senior Center. Shirley 245-1782.
McCASA Meeting 5 p.m. Family Resource meeting room downstairs. 245-4303
Fire Safe Council meeting 9:30 a.m. Chuchupate Ranger Station Conference Room
Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Activity Room
Piñon Pines HOA. 6:30 p.m. Firehouse in Pinon Pines
ETUSD School Board 7 p.m. FMHS Continuation Room 248-6247
Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce Meeting 7 p.m. Mountain Properties Office 617 Monterey Trail.
This is part of the July 26, 2013 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.