For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, May 11, 2018, 2018
• Parade applications for the 36th Annual Pine Mountain Club Lilac Festival (May 19–20) are due today. The Lilac Fest is a tradition of fun and festivities to celebrate the coming of spring to Pine Mountain Village. See www.pmclilacfestival.com.
• Share the gift of artistic expression with your little one at Arts for Preschoolers, 11 a.m. at the Frazier Park Library. Today’s activity is ‘Bears’—torn paper art. This series throughout May is sponsored by Frazier Park Focus Central, California Arts Council and Friends of the Library.
• Vrroom! Today is the deadline to register early for the Ridge Route Run Car Show to get the $25 rate; tomorrow it goes to $40. Registration forms are available at www.ridgerouterun.com. Vendor applications are also due today. The event is May 26 in downtown Frazier Park, with a Memorial Day parade and a massive motorcycle brigade to honor our veterans and those who served and died.
* A Meet the Candidates Forum for the PMCPOA Board is from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Condor Room. Participate in local democracy!
Saturday, May 12, 2018
* Cancelled: PMC Clubhouse Task Force meeting is cancelled to give task force time to prepare next program, Chair Brent Bennett reports.
• Cancelled: VFW Bingo is cancelled for this week only! It will resume its regular weekly Saturday evening time, 7–9 p.m., next week.
• Enjoy some free rip-roaring good spectator fun at a Ranch Roping competition today and tomorrow, 10 a.m. at Tejon Ranch Equestrian Center (1401 Crane Canyon Road, Lebec, 93243). You’ll see competitors of all ages show off their stuff. Food is available.
Sunday, May 13, 2018
* Mother’s Day Brunch is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at PMC’s clubhouse. Call 661.242.3788 for prices and reservations.
• Share fun in nature with your kids for Mother’s Day: Wind Wolves’ EcoKidz is from 10 a.m. to noon. Activities vary from bird watching and bird nest building to painting, using oil pastels to create masterpieces in nature, plus reading child-friendly books outdoors. This is designed for for ages 4-12. Reserve your space at 661.858.1115 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, May 14, 2018
• Future Farmers of America annual banquet is 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Frazier Mountain High School cafetorium.
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
• Become a Word Wizard! Come to a free beginning workshop about Microsoft Word at 1 p.m. at the Frazier Park Library’s computer lab, by Frazier Mountain Focus Central and the California Arts Council. Call 661.245.1267 to reserve your spot.
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
• Law Enforcement Leadership Academy Graduation Ceremony and banquet is 6:30 p.m. in the Frazier Mountain High School cafetorium. Cadets and parents are free, others are welcome to join us for dinner, RSVP (661.245.4834), $5. No charge for graduates or LELA instructors.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• Send comments on Tejon Ranch’s Centennial Project plan for consideration by the L.A. County Planning Commission land-use hearing: Deadline is Wednesday, May 23. Tejon proposes 19,333 homes and an estimated 10.2 million square feet of commercial / industrial development in 19 square miles from I-5 along SR-138, spanning Gorman to Neenach, which is currently open grasslands. See page 6 and www.MountainEnterprise.com for more details.
• The 36th Annual Lilac Festival is Saturday and Sunday, May 19–20, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. Skydivers start the parade at 11 a.m. sharp! Fun, food and crafts. Free admission and parking. See the schedule on pages 10-11 of the May issue of The New Mountain Pioneer.
• Hurry! May 19 is the last day to submit a tribute for your favorite grad in the Salute to Graduates Keepsake Edition of The New Mountain Pioneer June issue. Call 661.245.3794 to show your 8th-grade and 12th-grade graduates how proud you are of them.
• Spring Carnival at El Tejon School is Thursday, May 24. Open House is 5–5:30 p.m., to see students’ classrooms and celebrate their schoolwork. The Spring Carnival is 5:30–7 p.m. Come support the students! All funds raised go to student activities.
Frazier Park Library
Hours: Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Fri.-Sat. 9-5
3732 Park Drive, FP— 661-245-1267
Friday, May 11
•9 a.m. Color Me Happy (Coloring & Coffee for Adults)
•11 a.m. Arts for Preschoolers**
•1 p.m. Adult Art Workshop**
Saturday, May 12
•9–10 a.m. Mountain Lotus Yoga
Tuesday, May 15
•11:30 a.m. Family Storytime
•1 p.m. Microsoft Word beginning workshop** (Reserve at 661.245.1267)
•3:30 p.m. LEGO-Mania Club
Wed., May 16
•11 a.m. Quilting & Crafts
Thursday, May 17
•Noon–1 p.m. Meditation
•1 p.m.–2 p.m. Tai Chi
•3:30 p.m. Barks & Books
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
12:30–4 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
• Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
First, Second and Third Wednesday
•Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. at The Ranch House, Gorman. Call D. Turner 661.245.1882
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Cal. Veteran Assistance Foundation at the Family Resource Center, 9–11 a.m.
Call 661.245.4303 to confirm
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Personal computer coaching 11:30 a.m. FP Library (245.1267)
•E-Reader help. Call for appt. Frazier Park Library 661.245.1267
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Noon meditation at Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, PMC; Good to call to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, grades 8–12, meets at the Activity Center, 5 p.m. 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue
6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park
Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (661.245.3995)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•AARP potluck meeting 12 noon at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse. 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 7 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours are 3–4 p.m. at the Family Resource Center (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park)
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•State Senator Jean Fuller’s mobile office hours are 3–5 p.m. at the Family Resource Ctr,
3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP (appt: 661.323.0443)
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 7–9 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Pet Food Giveaway 9–11 a.m. at Shelter on the Hill Thrift Store parking lot, 3536 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•NEW! Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (245.4303)
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building,
1001 Coldwater Drive.
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 7:30 a.m. 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #H, LOW
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the May 11, 2018 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.