- Wind Wolves Preserve Wildflower & Wildlife Hikes for the family every Saturday and Sunday through May, led by a naturalist to introduce the natural history. Two hikes 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. Bring a picnic. Space is limited. For reservations and information call (661) 858-1115 (email@example.com, www.WildlandsConservancy.org)
- Mil Potrero Mutual Water Company, Board of Directors candidates must submit a letter of intent to place their names on the ballot no later than 4 p.m. on May 17, 2013. The Annual Shareholder’s meeting is July 13, 2013, at 16275 Askin Dr., Conference Room, Pine Mountain.
Friday, May 17
• Improv Comedy Show at Work of HeArt (3011 Mt. Pinos Way) behind the Coffee Cantina at 7 p.m. Donations welcomed.
Saturday, May 18
• 31st Annual Lilac Festival (9-5 p.m.) and Lilac Parade (10:45 a.m.) offer fun for the whole family. Admission is free, in Pine Mountain Village.
• Pine Mountain Scrappers Quilt Guild Show from 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. in the church log cabin in Pine Mtn Village. $3 entry fee, free for spouses.
• Daniel J. Wilson, author of The Best Kept Secret is You book signing 2-4 p.m. at Center of the World Workshop Loft, 16331 Askin Drive, Pine Mtn. Village.
• Virtual Botanical Tour of the San Emigdio Mountains: with author Pam DeVries (A Field Guide to the Plants of the San Emigdio Mountains) hosted by Sierra Club Condor Group at Pine Mountain Clubhouse Pool Pavilion at 6:30 p.m. for dessert program begins at 7 p.m.
Sunday, May 19
• 31st Annual Lilac Festival with artisans, performers, musicians and food. Fun for the entire family, admission is free in Pine Mountain Village 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (661-242-1996, www.pmclilacfestival.com).
Monday, May 20
• Mobile Medical Clinic for homeless and mountain residents without insurance who need check ups and medical assistance. At 15011 Lockwood Valley, (Chico Larson) property on the sheriff’s maintenance yard from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Walk-ins welcome. More info call 866-904-9362.
• Call for actors, readers and directors for the Center of the World Festival Playwright Competition. Come to be a community reader to help select the finalist plays from 6-8 p.m. at the Workshop Loft, 16331 Askin Drive in Pine Mountain Village (661-242-1554).
• Greenhouse Magic workshop on seeding methods, re-potting and transplanting at Green Dragons OK Farm, 3433 Los Padres Dr., FP, 1–3 p.m.
Tuesday, May 21
•Night Talks with geologist Tim Elam, who will speak on ‘Roadside Geology of Kern County.’ See why and how Kern County is the crossroads of California geology at 6 p.m. at the Frazier Park Library Community Room. Free, refreshments, hosted by Ridge Route Museum.
•El Tejon School’s Open House and Art Fair 5-8 p.m. Classrooms open from 6-8 p.m.
Wednesday, May 22
• Field trip to Scooter’s Jungle with Mommy & Me will meet at the gym at 28230 Constellation Rd., Valencia at 10:30 a.m. (245-4303).
Thursday, May 23
•Call for actors, readers and directors for the COW Playwright Competition is 6-8 p.m. at the Workshop Loft, 16331 Askin Dr., Pine Mtn. Village (661-242-1554).
Friday, May 24
* Meet the Candidates Forum at PMCPOA: All candidates plan to attend, come hear what they to have say (Condor Room, 7-9 p.m.).
• Frank Sanchez Memorial Golf Tourney 2 p.m. will raise funds for bench in memory of Frankie. $30, 18-hole, BBQ (call 661-242-3734).
At the Frazier Park Public Library
May 21, Tues.–Story time 11:30 a.m.
May 22, Wed.–Chess 3:30 p.m. All are welcome. Coach Bill Hopper is available to tutor beginners.
May 23, Thurs.–Computer Coach, 11:30 a.m. Call to schedule appt.
May 25, Sat.–Quilt & Chat 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Reading of the Greek Classics is from 5-6:30 p.m.
Library hours are Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Sat. 9-5 (3732 Park Drive; 245-1267)
Friends of the Library used book sales are May 9-11, 2013
REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
Yoga & Sound Meditation 9 a.m. PowWow Lodge, 2400 Ironwood Dr., PMC. 242-1779
White Sage Lace Guild, Bobbin lace & tatting. 9 a.m.- 3 p.m. Liz 242-0619
Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wed., Fri.) 245-1952 or 245-3366
Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-1992
Frazier Mountain Quilters, Frazier Park Senior Center 12:30-4 p.m. Norma 248-6256
Al-Anon Meetings 6:30-7:30 p.m. Healthy Start Meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245-2557
Family Story time 11:30 a.m. Frazier Park Library 245-1267
Canasta, Frazier Park Community Center Senior Room 1 p.m. Every Wednesday: Mommy & Me, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Family Resource Center, 245-4303
Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study 10 a.m. 242-1025
Wacky Wednesdays, Pine Mountain Christian Community Church 6-8 p.m. (6th-8th grades) 242-1025
CrossTrainers at Frazier Mountain Community Center 6:30-8 p.m. 3rd-7th graders (girls 3rd-9th) Coach Rose 248-2004
Scrappers Club 8-2 Pool Pavilion at PM Clubhouse
Paralegal available at Family Resource Center 9 a.m.-1 p.m., 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-4303
T.O.P.S. 9:15 a.m. Lebec 248-6227
Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-1992
Mexican Train Domino, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Room 1 p.m. 245-1992
Yoga & Sound Meditation 9 a.m. PowWow Lodge, 2400 Ironwood, PMC. 242-1779
Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery 242-8439 (below Madd Bailey’s Pub) from 12 noon-11 p.m. Pine Mountain (resumes in February)
AA Meeting is 6-7:30 p.m. Healthy Start meeting room. 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102.
Yoga and Meditation 7 p.m. Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, PMC. 242-6956
Yard Sale Show, Channel 14 Cable show at 7 a.m. 245-2688,
Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery (below Madd Bailey’s Pub) 12-8 p.m. Pine Mountain 242-8439
Bingo 7-9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, Frazier Park 245-3273
Strolls with the Condor Group of the Sierra Club. Meet at PMC Clubhouse parking lot 8-9:30 a.m. 242-0432
Mexician Train Domino and canasta at the Frazier Park Community Center Senior Room 1 p.m.
Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery (below Madd Bailey’s Pub) 12-5 p.m. PMC 242-8439
REGULAR BI-WEEKLY EVENTS
2nd & 4th Wednesday:
Dept. of Human Services 9:30-11:30 a.m. Family Resource Center, No appt. needed.
Senior Sack 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-3409
2nd & 4th Saturday:
Veterans PTSD Support Group 7 p.m. near Midway Market upstairs in LOW. 245-4269
REGULAR MONTHLY EVENTS
Pine Mountain Village Merchants 9 a.m. Mil Potrero Mutual Water Company, 242-4022
Lebec County Water District board meeting, 7 p.m. New location 757 Lebec Rd. Lebec,
Salvation Army Commodities Distribution 10:30 a.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-3995
Boys & Girls Club Board Meeting 12 noon Tejon Mountain Village 661-663-4281
AARP Potluck 12 noon at FP Community Center
Red Hat Society Frazier Mountain Mommas 9 a.m. Call Kay for place, 245-2673
Drum & Sound Circle 6:30-8:30 p.m. PowWow Lodge, 2400 Ironwood Dr. PMC 242-1779
VFW & Ladies Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall
Sierra Club Condor Group 6:30 p.m. Pool Pavilion, PMC Clubhouse, 242-0423
Frazier Mountain High School Booster Club Caveman Cavey’s 6:30 p.m.
Gorman School Board 3:30 p.m.
Frazier Park Public Utility District office 245-3734
Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Firehouse
Assemblywomen Shannon Grove’s mobile office hours 10-11 a.m. Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP Appt. Javier at 661-395-2995.
Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s mobile office hours are 10-11 a.m. at the Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. For an appointment call Vince at 661-327-3611
El Tejon School PTSO 3:15 p.m.
Ridge Route Museum Board Meeting. 6 p.m.
South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center
ETUSD School Board 7 p.m. El Tejon Continuation High School at Frazier Mountain High School
Pine Mountain Club Town Hall 7 p.m. 242-1609
Scouts West 4 x 4 Club. Caveman Cavey’s 10 a.m. 245-3250
Relay for Life of the Mountain Communities VFW Hall 2-4 p.m. 245-6239
Frazier Park School PTSO 2:15 p.m.
MCMAC (Municipal Advisory Council) 7 p.m. FP Community Center
South Kern Cemetery Board Meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin. Lisa 661-845-2540
Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. 245-5021 Members & guests
AARP Board meeting 9:30 a.m. Frazier Park Senior Center. Shirley 245-1782.
McCASA Meeting 5 p.m. Family Resource meeting room downstairs. 245-4303
Fire Safe Council meeting 9:30 a.m. Chuchupate Ranger Station Conference Room
Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Activity Room
Piñon Pines HOA. 6:30 p.m. Firehouse in Pinon Pines
ETUSD School Board 7 p.m. FMHS Continuation Room 248-6247
Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce Meeting 7 p.m. Mountain Properties Office 617 Monterey Trail.
This is part of the May 17, 2013 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.