• Wind Wolves Preserve Wildflower & Wildlife Hikes for the family every Saturday and Sunday through May, led by a naturalist to introduce the natural history. Two hikes 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. Bring a picnic. Space is limited. For reservations and information call (661) 858-1115 (email@example.com, www.WildlandsConservancy.org)
• Center of the World Festival amateur video due by July 15, for $200 prizes for youths and adults. Original songs submitted for $500 prize due by July 30. Call 661-242-1583 or see www.cowfest.org for more details.
Friday, May 31
• Powder Puff Football Game to benefit Falcon sports will be at Frazier Mountain High School football field at 6 p.m. Come cheer on our Lady Falcons in a flag football game. Admission is $3 (age 5 and under free). The ‘White Out’ dance will follow at the school.
Saturday, June 1
• Are You Quake Ready? This community workshop is all about preparing your family for an earthquake. It is a free event at the Frazier Park Library. The program begins at 10 a.m. You’ll also be treated to free raffles, fun and information.
• A Victorian Tea Party to benefit Fort Tejon State Historical Park is 12-3 p.m. at Fort Tejon. Tea party attire is encouraged, so pull out your hats, gloves and lace. Admission is $15/adults, $10/children (7 years, up). Contact LindaBosley66@gmail.com for reservations.
• Call for actors, readers and directors for the Center of the World Festival Playwright Competition. Come to be a community reader from 6-8 p.m. to help select the finalist plays at Artisan Gallery, 16331 Askin Drive in Pine Mountain Village (661-242-1554).
• ‘Our Neighbors’ is Russell Orell’s breathtaking photo tour of the animals that inhabit our local forests. This free event is hosted by the Sierra Club Condor Group at Pine Mountain Club’s Pool Pavilion at 6:30 for dessert, program at 7 p.m. For more info call 242-0432.
Monday, June 3
• Frazier Mountain High School Senior Awards Banquet and parents appreciation dinner is 6 p.m. at FMHS cafetorium.
Wednesday, June 5
• Special summertime story and craft with Mommy & Me meet at Frazier Park Library, 3732 Park Drive, Frazier Park at 11 a.m.
• Frazier Mountain High School Graduation is 6 p.m. at FMHS in the gym. Congratulations from the The Mountain Enterprise.
Thursday, June 6
• El Tejon Unified School District last day of school. Minimum day. Have a safe and fun summer.
• Lake of the Woods Mutual Water Company board will meet at 7 p.m. at Cuddy Hall to review water conservation and drilling needs.
Friday, June 7
• El Tejon Graduation is 6:30 p.m. at Frazier Mountain High School in the gym. Congratulations from the The Mountain Enterprise.
Saturday, June 8
• 9th Annual Wine in the Pines Festival is 12 noon-4 p.m. in Pine Mountain Village. Great wine, fabulous food, unique shops and live music. Tickets are $45 in advance or $65 at door and extremely limited. Call 661-242-1996 or see www.pinemountaiwinefest.com.
• Fourth Annual Heart of the Mountain Art Auction and Wine Tasting benefit for the Boys & Girls Club is 6-11 p.m. at the Tejon Ranch Hacienda, 491 Lochford Road, Lebec CA 93243. For reservations, call Ricki at 661-325-3730.
Wednesday, June 12
• Farewell Picnic and Potluck for Mommy & Me at 10 a.m. at Frazier Mountain Parks. Please bring a side dish or dessert to share and bring the whole family! This will be a fun family event with games and food. More info call Crystal 245-4303.
At the Frazier Park Public Library
June 1, Sat.–
• Beginning Piano 9-9:30 — Call to sign up 245-1267
• R U Quake Ready? 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
• Reading of the Greek Classics 5-6:30 p.m.
June 5, Wed.–
• Chess 3:30 p.m. All are welcome. Coach Bill Hopper is available to tutor beginners.
June 6, Thurs.
• Computer Coach 11:30 a.m. Call to schedule appt.
• Crochet 4 p.m. All are welcome.
Library hours are Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Sat. 9-5 (3732 Park Drive; 245-1267). Friends of the Library used book sales are May 9-11, 2013
REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
Yoga & Sound Meditation 9 a.m. PowWow Lodge, 2400 Ironwood Dr., PMC. 242-1779
White Sage Lace Guild, Bobbin lace & tatting. 9 a.m.- 3 p.m. Liz 242-0619
Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wed., Fri.) 245-1952 or 245-3366
Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-1992
Frazier Mountain Quilters, Frazier Park Senior Center 12:30-4 p.m. Norma 248-6256
Al-Anon Meetings 6:30-7:30 p.m. Healthy Start Meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245-2557
Family Story time 11:30 a.m. Frazier Park Library 245-1267
Canasta, Frazier Park Community Center Senior Room 1 p.m. Every Wednesday: Mommy & Me, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Family Resource Center, 245-4303
Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study 10 a.m. 242-1025
Wacky Wednesdays, Pine Mountain Christian Community Church 6-8 p.m. (6th-8th grades) 242-1025
CrossTrainers at Frazier Mountain Community Center 6:30-8 p.m. 3rd-7th graders (girls 3rd-9th) Coach Rose 248-2004
Scrappers Club 8-2 Pool Pavilion at PM Clubhouse
Paralegal available at Family Resource Center 9 a.m.-1 p.m., 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-4303
T.O.P.S. 9:15 a.m. Lebec 248-6227
Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-1992
Mexican Train Domino, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Room 1 p.m. 245-1992
Yoga & Sound Meditation 9 a.m. PowWow Lodge, 2400 Ironwood, PMC. 242-1779
Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery 242-8439 (below Madd Bailey’s Pub) from 12 noon-11 p.m. Pine Mountain (resumes in February)
AA Meeting is 6-7:30 p.m. Healthy Start meeting room. 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102.
Yoga and Meditation 7 p.m. Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, PMC. 242-6956
Yard Sale Show, Channel 14 Cable show at 7 a.m. 245-2688,
Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery (below Madd Bailey’s Pub) 12-8 p.m. Pine Mountain 242-8439
Bingo 7-9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, Frazier Park 245-3273
Strolls with the Condor Group of the Sierra Club. Meet at PMC Clubhouse parking lot 8-9:30 a.m. 242-0432
Mexician Train Domino and canasta at the Frazier Park Community Center Senior Room 1 p.m.
Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery (below Madd Bailey’s Pub) 12-5 p.m. PMC 242-8439
REGULAR BI-WEEKLY EVENTS
2nd & 4th Wednesday:
Dept. of Human Services 9:30-11:30 a.m. Family Resource Center, No appt. needed.
Senior Sack 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-3409
2nd & 4th Saturday:
Veterans PTSD Support Group 7 p.m. near Midway Market upstairs in LOW. 245-4269
REGULAR MONTHLY EVENTS
Pine Mountain Village Merchants 9 a.m. Mil Potrero Mutual Water Company, 242-4022
Lebec County Water District board meeting, 7 p.m. New location 757 Lebec Rd. Lebec,
Salvation Army Commodities Distribution 10:30 a.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-3995
Boys & Girls Club Board Meeting 12 noon Tejon Mountain Village 661-663-4281
AARP Potluck 12 noon at FP Community Center
Red Hat Society Frazier Mountain Mommas 9 a.m. Call Kay for place, 245-2673
Drum & Sound Circle 6:30-8:30 p.m. PowWow Lodge, 2400 Ironwood Dr. PMC 242-1779
VFW & Ladies Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall
Sierra Club Condor Group 6:30 p.m. Pool Pavilion, PMC Clubhouse, 242-0423
Frazier Mountain High School Booster Club Caveman Cavey’s 6:30 p.m.
Gorman School Board 3:30 p.m.
Frazier Park Public Utility District office 245-3734
Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Firehouse
Assemblywomen Shannon Grove’s mobile office hours 10-11 a.m. Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP Appt. Javier at 661-395-2995.
Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s mobile office hours are 10-11 a.m. at the Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. For an appointment call Vince at 661-327-3611
El Tejon School PTSO 3:15 p.m.
Ridge Route Museum Board Meeting. 6 p.m.
South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center
ETUSD School Board 7 p.m. El Tejon Continuation High School at Frazier Mountain High School
Pine Mountain Club Town Hall 7 p.m. 242-1609
Scouts West 4 x 4 Club. Caveman Cavey’s 10 a.m. 245-3250
Relay for Life of the Mountain Communities VFW Hall 2-4 p.m. 245-6239
Frazier Park School PTSO 2:15 p.m.
MCMAC (Municipal Advisory Council) 7 p.m. FP Community Center
South Kern Cemetery Board Meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin. Lisa 661-845-2540
Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. 245-5021 Members & guests
AARP Board meeting 9:30 a.m. Frazier Park Senior Center. Shirley 245-1782.
McCASA Meeting 5 p.m. Family Resource meeting room downstairs. 245-4303
Fire Safe Council meeting 9:30 a.m. Chuchupate Ranger Station Conference Room
Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Activity Room
Piñon Pines HOA. 6:30 p.m. Firehouse in Pinon Pines
ETUSD School Board 7 p.m. FMHS Continuation Room 248-6247
Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce Meeting 7 p.m. Mountain Properties Office 617 Monterey Trail.
This is part of the May 31, 2013 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.