• Wind Wolves Preserve Wildflower & Wildlife Hikes for the family every Saturday and Sunday through May, led by a naturalist to introduce the natural history. Two hikes 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. Bring a picnic. Space is limited. For reservations and information call (661) 858-1115 (firstname.lastname@example.org, www.WildlandsConservancy.org)
• Dave da Handyman Scholarship Fund helps send a child to Summer Art Camp. Scholarships available—families with financial need may apply at the Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. Spaces limited.
• Condors Football practice and sign ups for youth ages 6-14. Every Tues., Wed., Thurs. from 4-6 p.m. at Frazier Mountain Park. See ad on page 10 of the June 7 Mountain Enterprise.
• Center of the World Festival amateur video due by July 15, for $200 prizes for youths and adults. Original songs submitted for $500 prize due by July 30. Call 661-242-1583 or see www.cowfest.org for more details.
Friday, June 7
• El Tejon Graduation is 6:30 p.m. at Frazier Mountain High School in the gym. Congratulations from the The Mountain Enterprise.
Saturday, June 8
• 9th Annual Wine in the Pines Festival is 12 noon-4 p.m. in Pine Mountain Village. Great wine, fabulous food, unique shops and live music. Tickets are $45 in advance or $65 at door, and extremely limited. Call 661-242-1996 or see www.wineinthepines.com.
• Fourth Annual Heart of the Mountain Art Auction and Wine Tasting benefit for the Boys & Girls Club is 6-11 p.m. at the Tejon Ranch Hacienda, 491 Lochford Road, Lebec CA 93243. For reservations, call Ricki at 661-325-3730.
Wednesday, June 12
• Potluck for Mommy & Me is 10 a.m. at Frazier Mountain Park. Please bring a side dish or dessert to share and bring the whole family! This will be a fun family event with games and food. More info call Crystal 245-4303.
Thursday, June 13
• Do you want an elected or appointed Mountain Communities Municipal Advisory Council? Supervisor David Coach wants to hear from you at the Town Hall Meeting, 6:30 p.m. at Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. The public is invited. Come share your thoughts.
Friday, June 14
• Game Night for teens at the Boys & Girls Club is 7-9:30 p.m. at Frazier Park School. Open to all 7th-12th graders. Prizes for the winners. Free.
Saturday, June 15
• Fire Hazard Clearance Deadline is today. Kern County Fire Department asks that all properties be cleared for your own protection and that of firefighters. Drought has created very dangerous fire conditions. Fines are issued for uncleared properties. There is no grace period.
• Piñon Pines Mutual Water Company Election and Annual Meeting is 9:30 a.m. at the firehouse, 1004 Coldwater Drive. See ad page 3 of the June 7 Mountain Enterprise.
• Annual Members Meeting of the Pine Mountain Club Property Owners Association is 1 p.m. at Pine Mountain Club Condor Room.
• Liquid Gold’ Water Conservation Workshop will be at OK Farms, 3433 Los Padres Dr., Frazier Park from 1-3 p.m.
• AYSO Early Registration will be at Frazier Park Library from 2-4 p.m. More info call Stefani Neeley 661-242-2041.
• Pet Emergency Evacuation Workshop will be held at Mountain Aire Veterinary Hospital parking lot (837 Lebec Road, Lebec) at 3 p.m. Free to all animal lovers, please do not bring your pet. Please bring something to sit on. See ad on page 4 of the June 7 Mountain Enterprise.
At the Frazier Park Public Library
June 6, Thurs.—
• Computer Coach, 11:30 a.m. Call to schedule appt.
• Crochet, 4 p.m. All are welcome.
June 8, Sat.—
• Free Beginning Piano, 9-9:30 a.m. by Karen Anthony. Call to sign up 245-1267.
June 11, Tues.—
• Family Storytime, 11:30 a.m. by Christine Kearns-Brown.
• Zombie Art Project, 2 p.m. teens, by Gigi Nommensen.
June 12, Wed.—
• Mommy & Me toddler time, by Bethel Billesbach.
• Writing Workshop ages 7+, by Carrie Carpenter.
Library hours are Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Sat. 9-5 (3732 Park Drive; 245-1267). Friends of the Library used book sales are May 9-11, 2013
REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
Yoga & Sound Meditation 9 a.m. PowWow Lodge, 2400 Ironwood Dr., PMC. 242-1779
White Sage Lace Guild, Bobbin lace & tatting. 9 a.m.- 3 p.m. Liz 242-0619
Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wed., Fri.) 245-1952 or 245-3366
Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-1992
Frazier Mountain Quilters, Frazier Park Senior Center 12:30-4 p.m. Norma 248-6256
Al-Anon Meetings 6:30-7:30 p.m. Healthy Start Meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245-2557
Family Story time 11:30 a.m. Frazier Park Library 245-1267
Canasta, Frazier Park Community Center Senior Room 1 p.m. Every Wednesday: Mommy & Me, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Family Resource Center, 245-4303
Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study 10 a.m. 242-1025
Wacky Wednesdays, Pine Mountain Christian Community Church 6-8 p.m. (6th-8th grades) 242-1025
CrossTrainers at Frazier Mountain Community Center 6:30-8 p.m. 3rd-7th graders (girls 3rd-9th) Coach Rose 248-2004
Scrappers Club 8-2 Pool Pavilion at PM Clubhouse
Paralegal available at Family Resource Center 9 a.m.-1 p.m., 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-4303
T.O.P.S. 9:15 a.m. Lebec 248-6227
Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-1992
Mexican Train Domino, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Room 1 p.m. 245-1992
Yoga & Sound Meditation 9 a.m. PowWow Lodge, 2400 Ironwood, PMC. 242-1779
Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery 242-8439 (below Madd Bailey’s Pub) from 12 noon-11 p.m. Pine Mountain (resumes in February)
AA Meeting is 6-7:30 p.m. Healthy Start meeting room. 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102.
Yoga and Meditation 7 p.m. Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, PMC. 242-6956
Yard Sale Show, Channel 14 Cable show at 7 a.m. 245-2688,
Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery (below Madd Bailey’s Pub) 12-8 p.m. Pine Mountain 242-8439
Bingo 7-9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, Frazier Park 245-3273
Strolls with the Condor Group of the Sierra Club. Meet at PMC Clubhouse parking lot 8-9:30 a.m. 242-0432
Mexician Train Domino and canasta at the Frazier Park Community Center Senior Room 1 p.m.
Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery (below Madd Bailey’s Pub) 12-5 p.m. PMC 242-8439
REGULAR BI-WEEKLY EVENTS
2nd & 4th Wednesday:
Dept. of Human Services 9:30-11:30 a.m. Family Resource Center, No appt. needed.
Senior Sack 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-3409
2nd & 4th Saturday:
Veterans PTSD Support Group 7 p.m. near Midway Market upstairs in LOW. 245-4269
REGULAR MONTHLY EVENTS
Pine Mountain Village Merchants 9 a.m. Mil Potrero Mutual Water Company, 242-4022
Lebec County Water District board meeting, 7 p.m. New location 757 Lebec Rd. Lebec,
Salvation Army Commodities Distribution 10:30 a.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-3995
Boys & Girls Club Board Meeting 12 noon Tejon Mountain Village 661-663-4281
AARP Potluck 12 noon at FP Community Center
Red Hat Society Frazier Mountain Mommas 9 a.m. Call Kay for place, 245-2673
Drum & Sound Circle 6:30-8:30 p.m. PowWow Lodge, 2400 Ironwood Dr. PMC 242-1779
VFW & Ladies Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall
Sierra Club Condor Group 6:30 p.m. Pool Pavilion, PMC Clubhouse, 242-0423
Frazier Mountain High School Booster Club Caveman Cavey’s 6:30 p.m.
Gorman School Board 3:30 p.m.
Frazier Park Public Utility District office 245-3734
Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Firehouse
Assemblywomen Shannon Grove’s mobile office hours 10-11 a.m. Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP Appt. Javier at 661-395-2995.
Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s mobile office hours are 10-11 a.m. at the Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. For an appointment call Vince at 661-327-3611
El Tejon School PTSO 3:15 p.m.
Ridge Route Museum Board Meeting. 6 p.m.
South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center
ETUSD School Board 7 p.m. El Tejon Continuation High School at Frazier Mountain High School
Pine Mountain Club Town Hall 7 p.m. 242-1609
Scouts West 4 x 4 Club. Caveman Cavey’s 10 a.m. 245-3250
Relay for Life of the Mountain Communities VFW Hall 2-4 p.m. 245-6239
Frazier Park School PTSO 2:15 p.m.
MCMAC (Municipal Advisory Council) 7 p.m. FP Community Center
South Kern Cemetery Board Meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin. Lisa 661-845-2540
Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. 245-5021 Members & guests
AARP Board meeting 9:30 a.m. Frazier Park Senior Center. Shirley 245-1782.
McCASA Meeting 5 p.m. Family Resource meeting room downstairs. 245-4303
Fire Safe Council meeting 9:30 a.m. Chuchupate Ranger Station Conference Room
Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Activity Room
Piñon Pines HOA. 6:30 p.m. Firehouse in Pinon Pines
ETUSD School Board 7 p.m. FMHS Continuation Room 248-6247
Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce Meeting 7 p.m. Mountain Properties Office 617 Monterey Trail.
This is part of the June 7, 2013 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.