- Rotating display at the Ridge Route Communities Museum for April is Family, Faith and Fun, An Easter ‘Remembering’ (3515 Park Drive, behind Frazier Park Post Office). See German Steiff mohair Easter animals, early Mountain Community church gatherings, family events, Easter egg hunts. Museum hours are Friday, Saturday and Sunday 12-4 p.m. (661-245-7747). Fun for the family.
- Wind Wolves Preserve Wildflower & Wildlife Hikes for the family every Saturday and Sunday through April, led by a naturalist to introduce the natural history. Two hikes 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. Bring a picnic if you wish for before or after. Space is limited. For reservations and information call (661-858-1115, email@example.com, www.WildlandsConservancy.org).
- Center of the World Festival original 10-minute plays are due by April 30 for $500 grand prize. See www.cowfest.org for details.
- South West Health Care District Board of Directors candidates must submit a letter of intent by May 3.
- Relay for Life yard sale is sending out a call for donation of new and gently used items to raise funds for cancer care. Drop donations to 3508 Michigan Trail, Frazier Park or call Tina Grant for possible pickup at 245-1203 or 310-822-1355. See ad page 4.
- Mil Potrero Mutual Water Company, Board of Directors candidates must submit a letter of intent to place their names on the ballot no later than 4 p.m. on May 17, 2013. The Annual Shareholder’s meeting is July 13, 2013, at 16275 Askin Dr., Conference Room, Pine Mountain.
- Public Comments on changes to use of Los Padres National Forest due before Thursday, May 16, 2013. See www.fs.fed.us/nepa/nepa_project_exp.php?project=35130 for details and comment form; or email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org; or send letter to: Attn—LMP Amendment, USFS, 10845 Rancho Bernardo Road #200, San Diego, CA 92127-2107. See story page 18.
Friday, Apr. 26
- Eric Taylor singer, songwriter, guitarist plays live blues at the Work of HeArt Gallery at 7 p.m. (3401 Mt. Pinos Way behind the Coffee Cantina). $15 suggested donations are welcome.
Saturday, Apr. 27
- Annual Spring Craft Fair in Pine Mountain Clubhouse brings back all your favorite arts and crafts vendors, from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Medication Take-Back Program is at Frazier Park Market from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dispose of unwanted or expired medications. Call the Mountain Coalition Against Substance Abuse (McCASA) for more information, 245-4303.
- Youth Conference ‘Speak Life’ at Frazier Mountain High School from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. $15 at the door. More info call 245-6391.
- American Fossil plays live rock and roll at Pine Mountain Club’s Condor Lounge from 7-11 p.m. No cover charge.
Saturday, Apr. 28
- Let’s Live Local Spring Clothing Exchange is from 1-3 p.m. at Pine Mountain Clubhouse. For more info call Pamela at 661-242-2035.
- Extreme Midget Wrestling is 2 p.m. at Reyes Creek Bar & Grill, 26905 Camp Scheideck Road, Maricopa, CA. All ages. Advance tickets $15; $20 at door; $25 at ringside. For tickets call 661-766-2521. See ad on page 10.
- Reading and Book Signing of mystery suspense novel set by Mar Preston at the Work of HeArt Gallery from 2-3 p.m. All are welcome.
Wednesday, May 1
- Join the Vista Del Lago Water Museum field trip with Mommy & Me. Meet at the museum at 10:30 a.m. Call Crystal at 245-4303.
Wednesday, May 2
- Community forum for legal resources and assistance is from 10-11 a.m. in the Family Resource center downstairs meeting room. Find out what is available in Frazier Park and Bakersfield to help with family legal needs. For more info call 245-4303. See story on page 12.
REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
- Yoga & Sound Meditation 9 a.m. PowWow Lodge, 2400 Ironwood Dr., PMC. 242-1779
- White Sage Lace Guild, Bobbin lace & tatting. 9 a.m.- 3 p.m. Liz 242-0619
- Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wed., Fri.) 245-1952 or 245-3366
- Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-1992
- Frazier Mountain Quilters, Frazier Park Senior Center 12:30-4 p.m. Norma 248-6256
- Al-Anon Meetings 6:30-7:30 p.m. Healthy Start Meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245-2557
- Family Story time 11:30 a.m. Frazier Park Library 245-1267
- Canasta, Frazier Park Community Center Senior Room 1 p.m. Every Wednesday: Mommy & Me, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Family Resource Center, 245-4303
- Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study 10 a.m. 242-1025
- Wacky Wednesdays, Pine Mountain Christian Community Church 6-8 p.m. (6th-8th grades) 242-1025
- CrossTrainers at Frazier Mountain Community Center 6:30-8 p.m. 3rd-7th graders (girls 3rd-9th) Coach Rose 248-2004
- Scrappers Club 8-2 Pool Pavilion at PM Clubhouse
- Paralegal available at Family Resource Center 9 a.m.-1 p.m., 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-4303
- T.O.P.S. 9:15 a.m. Lebec 248-6227
- Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-1992
- Mexican Train Domino, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Room 1 p.m. 245-1992
- Yoga & Sound Meditation 9 a.m. PowWow Lodge, 2400 Ironwood, PMC. 242-1779
- Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery 242-8439 (below Madd Bailey’s Pub) from 12 noon-11 p.m. Pine Mountain (resumes in February)
- AA Meeting is 6-7:30 p.m. Healthy Start meeting room. 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102.
- Yoga and Meditation 7 p.m. Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, PMC. 242-6956
- Yard Sale Show, Channel 14 Cable show at 7 a.m. 245-2688,
- Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery (below Madd Bailey’s Pub) 12-8 p.m. Pine Mountain 242-8439
- Bingo 7-9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, Frazier Park 245-3273
- Strolls with the Condor Group of the Sierra Club. Meet at PMC Clubhouse parking lot 8-9:30 a.m. 242-0432
- Mexician Train Domino and canasta at the Frazier Park Community Center Senior Room 1 p.m.
- Wine Tasting at The Wine Gallery (below Madd Bailey’s Pub) 12-5 p.m. PMC 242-8439
REGULAR BI-WEEKLY EVENTS
2nd & 4th Wednesday:
- Dept. of Human Services 9:30-11:30 a.m. Family Resource Center, No appt. needed.
- Senior Sack 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-3409
2nd & 4th Saturday:
- Veterans PTSD Support Group 7 p.m. near Midway Market upstairs in LOW. 245-4269
REGULAR MONTHLY EVENTS
- Pine Mountain Village Merchants 9 a.m. Mil Potrero Mutual Water Company, 242-4022
- Lebec County Water District board meeting, 7 p.m. New location 757 Lebec Rd. Lebec,
- Salvation Army Commodities Distribution 10:30 a.m. Frazier Park Community Center 245-3995
- Boys & Girls Club Board Meeting 12 noon Tejon Mountain Village 661-663-4281
- AARP Potluck 12 noon at FP Community Center
- Red Hat Society Frazier Mountain Mommas 9 a.m. Call Kay for place, 245-2673
- Drum & Sound Circle 6:30-8:30 p.m. PowWow Lodge, 2400 Ironwood Dr. PMC 242-1779
- VFW & Ladies Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall
- Sierra Club Condor Group 6:30 p.m. Pool Pavilion, PMC Clubhouse, 242-0423
- Frazier Mountain High School Booster Club Caveman Cavey’s 6:30 p.m.
- Gorman School Board 3:30 p.m.
- Frazier Park Public Utility District office 245-3734
- Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Firehouse
- Assemblywomen Shannon Grove’s mobile office hours 10-11 a.m. Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP Appt. Javier at 661-395-2995.
- Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s mobile office hours are 10-11 a.m. at the Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. For an appointment call Vince at 661-327-3611
- El Tejon School PTSO 3:15 p.m.
- Ridge Route Museum Board Meeting. 6 p.m.
- South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center
- ETUSD School Board 7 p.m. El Tejon Continuation High School at Frazier Mountain High School
- Pine Mountain Club Town Hall 7 p.m. 242-1609
- Scouts West 4 x 4 Club. Caveman Cavey’s 10 a.m. 245-3250
- Relay for Life of the Mountain Communities VFW Hall 2-4 p.m. 245-6239
- Frazier Park School PTSO 2:15 p.m.
- MCMAC (Municipal Advisory Council) 7 p.m. FP Community Center
- South Kern Cemetery Board Meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin. Lisa 661-845-2540
- Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. 245-5021 Members & guests
- AARP Board meeting 9:30 a.m. Frazier Park Senior Center. Shirley 245-1782.
- McCASA Meeting 5 p.m. Family Resource meeting room downstairs. 245-4303
- Fire Safe Council meeting 9:30 a.m. Chuchupate Ranger Station Conference Room
- Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Activity Room
- Piñon Pines HOA. 6:30 p.m. Firehouse in Pinon Pines
- ETUSD School Board 7 p.m. FMHS Continuation Room 248-6247
- Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce Meeting 7 p.m. Mountain Properties Office 617 Monterey Trail.
This is part of the April 26, 2013 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.