Reported by Sgt. Mark Brown, KCSD
A 17-year-old-boy passed out and was transported to a hospital via ambulance last weekend, after reportedly ingesting about one liter of vodka, an unknown amount of Vicodin and another unknown prescription drug.
There were unconfirmed reports that he had “flatlined” twice during transport,
A 16- or 17-year-old girl was also present at the same house in Frazier Park. She was intoxicated but did not pass out, was able to walk and fire personnel responded to provide her with medical care. She was left in the care and custody of her mother.
Senior Deputy Richard Garrett is completing a report to forward to Juvenile Probation (both juveniles are currently on probation). A meeting is scheduled with Principal Dan Penner at Frazier Mountain High School to explore ways to curb this area’s teenage drinking and prescription drug problems.
Senior Deputy Garrett is also working on a community project to collect unused, expired and unwanted prescription drugs from local residents. Our hope is to remove these dangerous drugs from homes where they are not being used so teens won’t have easy access to them.
This is part of the March 19, 2010 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.