Fire Crews Respond to House Fire in Pine Mountain

Pine Mountain, CA (Sunday, Jan. 15 at 1 p.m.)—The Kern County Fire Department says its news report system is not working currently. They called with this report:

On Saturday, Jan. 14 at approximately 6:16 a.m. Kern County fire crews responded to a report of a structure fire in the 1600 block of Freeman Ct. in Pine Mountain.

Crews found an electrical fire burning within the walls and ceiling of a single family residence, believed to have been ignited by a faulty electrical heater and light combination unit.

Nine firefighters responded from Stations 58, 57 and 56. No injuries were reported. Smoke detectors in the residence sounded and alerted occupants to the fire. Loss to the structure was estimated to be about $3,000. Property saved was estimated to be $300,000.


This is part of the January 13, 2012 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.

Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.