PINE MOUNTAIN (Thursday, July 15, 2010, 7:30 a.m.)—The Pine Mountain Club pool is open again, after a thorough cleaning of all surfaces and a "chlorine blast" of the water.
PINE MOUNTAIN (Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 4:40 p.m.)—A registered nurse has contacted The Mountain Enterprise to alert parents that the swimming pool at the Pine Mountain clubhouse has been closed for a "chlorine blast" after a toddler who used the pool was diagnosed with a staph infection.
"As a precautionary measure we decided to close down the pool to put it through a 12-hour chemical process and to clean down all surfaces with chlorine," explained Director of Administration Lori McChesney. "We are being as cautious as possible— once it was reported," she said, noting that parents were slow to bring the situation to the PMCPOA’s attention. She expects the pool will be open again by Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning.
"If you notice something on your child, please don’t bring them to the pool," McChesney said. "If we’d known sooner we would have done our safety procedures sooner," she added, asking that "if you believe you have a safety issue, please contact the PMCPOA as soon as possible."
"If you or your child starts to get blisters or what looks like bug bites, it might be staph," the nurse advised parents, cautioning them to be attentive.
This is part of the July 09, 2010 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.