Remains not yet officially identified
By Patric Hedlund, TME
Vlad Jaramillo of Frazier Park happened to glance out a back window toward Truman Drive before dawn last Sunday. With a shock, he saw his neighbors’ home was on fire. As he dashed out his bedroom door, he called to his wife to dial 911.
Jaramillo was unsure about how to get into the house. He pounded on…(please see below to view full stories and photographs)
At 5:16 a.m. 4144 Coolidge Trail was still a two-story home, fully engulfed in flames. Firefighters’ hoses were all laid. But there were live electrical lines on the ground. At 5:46 a.m. an explosion collapsed the top floor. Flames and smoke swallowed the house. By 7:10 a.m. the home was nearly reduced to cinders. Two adult bodies inside could not be retrieved for hours more. Below: The two-story house once stood where there is only smoke.
5:16 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 5
5:46 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 5
8:09 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 5
To see full stories with photos, please purchase a copy of the newspaper at many locations (click this link for a list) throughout the Mountain Communities.
Or, have your newspaper delivered via mail and include internet access. Just call 661-245-3794. Classified ads are FREE to paid subscribers! See front page at www.mountainenterprise.com for details.
The e-Edition is available now with full photos and stories at The Mountain Enterprise e-Edition. Select the 2017-1110 edition.
(subscriber login required)
This is part of the November 10, 2017 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.