Send Mountain Community events to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 245-3794.
Now through February
- Greater Frazier Mountain Phone Book advertising: Order your ad before February 12 for a 10% discount in the real community book. Call 245-3794 for details.
- Valentine’s Day Dance Feb. 14 to benefit Fraz Mtn Youth Cheer (Ages 4th grade and up, at Cuddy Hall) Buy tix Saturdays 11 a.m.–1 p.m. at the Fraz Prk Mkt, $2, 245-3534
- Intent-to-Enroll forms due February 26 for Pine Mountain Learning Center public lottery on March 1. (661) 364-3811 or www.pmlcenter.org for more info
- Shoe Drive for the survivors of the Haitian earthquake: Donate your used shoes (any size or style) for the victims of the quake, drop off at Me ‘n Moms, 629 Glendale Trail, Frazier Park, 245-1000. Sponsored by www.Soles4Souls.org.
Now through March 2
- Apply for FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid). See www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Thursday, January 21
- Synergy Summit Business meeting rescheduled to Thursday, Feb. 11 due to weather. RSVP to 245-3794
Friday, January 22
- Deadline for Lebec County Water District Board applicants (see pg. 20 in Jan. 15 edition)
- *Blues and Jazz Club: Kwan Hearns and Friends 7 p.m. PMC Condor Lounge, $15
- Compassion Films Night: The Invisible Children 7 p.m. Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, Pine Mountain, 242-6956, www.jizopeacecenter.org. Continues every fourth Friday.
Saturday, January 23
- Frazier Mountain Little League Regular Registration/tryouts 9 a.m.-1 p.m. El Tejon Fields, 245-1030
- *Pine Mountain Club Fitness Fair 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Fitness instructors Justen Zimmerman and Tommy Natoli offer an introduction to new fitness classes and invite community input on the fitness program. Free, 242-3788
- Meditation 10 a.m. Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, Pine Mtn, 242-6956, every Sat
- *Wildside live 6-10 p.m. Condor Lounge, Pine Mountain Clubhouse
Sunday, January 24
- Frazier Mountain Little League Regular Registration/Junior tryouts 1-4 p.m. El Tejon Fields, 245-1030
Tuesday, January 26
- County of Kern Community and Economic Development Department meeting to identify community needs for the county’s consolidated plan for community development programs through 2015, 5-7 p.m., Ben Austin Senior Ctr, 1751 McKee Rd, Bakersfield.
- Public workshop to receive comments and discuss proposed revisions to the Kern County Development Standards and Floodplain Management Ordinance, 6 p.m., Public Services Building, 2700 M Street, first floor, Bakersfield, (661) 862-8671
Wednesday, January 27
- McCASA (Coalition Against Substance Abuse) mtg 6 p.m. Fzr Pk School cafeteria.
Thursday, January 28
- Yoga and Meditation 6:30 p.m. Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Wy, Pine Mtn, 242-6956
- Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce meeting 7 p.m. Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Place, 245-1212
Saturday, January 30
- *Sierra Highway Band live 6-10 p.m. Condor Lounge, Pine Mountain Clubhouse
Thursday, February 4
- AARP potluck meeting 12 p.m. Leslie Long will give a presentation on her organization “I Came to Believe.” Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. 245-2234
- *Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training begins. Call 242-3788 to register, time TBD, continues every Thursday through February.
Saturday, February 6
- Fort Tejon Living History: 145th Anniversary of California’s Civil War at Fort Tejon, commemorating the garrison and civilian community of the Fort during the Civil War. 10 a.m. See www.forttejon.org or call 248-7001 for more information.
- *Bandit live 6-10 p.m. Condor Lounge, Pine Mountain Clubhouse
Sunday, February 7
- Fort Tejon Living History: 145th Anniversary of California’s Civil War at Fort Tejon, 10 a.m. See Feb. 6 listing, www.forttejon.org or call 248-7001 for more info.
- *Super Bowl XLIV party 2 p.m. Condor Lounge, Pine Mountain Clubhouse
Monday, February 8
- Lincoln’s birthday ETUSD holiday. The Mountain Enterprise will be open.
Thursday, February 11
- Synergy Summit Business Mtg at noon. Holiday Inn Express, 612 Wainright Court, Lebec. All Mountain Community business owners, managers, entrepreneurs encouraged to attend to learn more about free services and programs to help small businesses with low/no-interest loans, workshops, free consulting services. RSVP to 245-3794
Friday, February 12
- The Great Backyard Bird Count begins today and continues through Monday, Feb. 15. See www.birdsource.org/gbbc for more information on how you can participate.
- Deadline for 10% discount on ordering ads in the Greater Frazier Mountain Phone Book. Call 245-3794 for more information about the real community phone book.
- Kern Autism Network’s 15th Annual Autism Awareness Conference 8:30 a.m. (doors open at 7:30) Vendors, presentations, $95, for tickets call (661) 588-4235.
- *Pine Mountain Club Mardi Gras celebration 6 p.m., Condor Room
Saturday, February 13
- Sweetheart Cake auction fundraiser for Frazier Mountain Youth Cheer 4 p.m., Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Place, Lake of the Woods
- *Valentine’s Day Comedy Night, call 242-3788 for details, Pine Mountain Clubhouse
Sunday, February 14 — Happy Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s Dance for ages 4th grade and up hosted by Frazier Mtn Youth Cheer, time TBD, Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Pl., $3 ($2 advance) 245-3534
Monday, February 15
- Presidents’ Day ETUSD holiday. The Mountain Enterprise will be open.
Tuesday, February 16
- McMAC (Municipal Advisory Council) meeting 7 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, rescheduled from January 19
This is part of the January 22, 2010 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.