Ongoing through February
*‘See’s Candy on Sale at the Pine Mountain Clubhouse. Proceeds help support recreation programs for the community’s youth.
- Work of HeART Artist of the month is Jody Valmassy. Enjoy her work at the gallery through February (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, behind the Coffee Cantina. 245-3548).’
- Burning of USFS slash piles around Pine Mountain will be ongoing this month.
- Supplemental Educational Service tutoring for Title I students extended through February 11, 2011. For more info, call El Tejon School at 248-6680.
Thursday, January 27
- El Tejon School PTSO meeting is at 3:15 p.m. in Room 9. Parents, teachers and public are invited.
Friday, January 28
- Frazier Mountain Little League Late Registration is $150 and Baseball Clinic is $25 from 6- 8 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s Pizza (3620 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-1030). www.eteamz.com/FMLittleleague/
Saturday, January 29
- Frazier Mountain Little League Late Registration is $150 and Baseball Clinic is $25 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. during tryouts at El Tejon Fields (245-1030). www.eteamz.com/FMLittleleague/
- Tres Aliens plays live at Sue’s Tavern at 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park 245-1100.
Sunday, January 30
- Los Padres National Forest Service Visitor Center will be closed on Sundays. Open Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The Mt. Pinos Chuchupate office is located at 34580 Lockwood Valley Road.
- Majesty Singing Group Gives Free Concert followed by lunch at Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, 9:30 a.m., sponsored by Lebec Community Church and Evangelical Free Church. All are invited. Admission is free with an offering to be taken to cover expenses.
Monday, January 31
- Women Veterans Deadline for online survey about health care issues. Participate by visiting www.legion.org and click “Take Our Survey.”
Tuesday, February 1
- Appeal Rescheduled to Tuesday, Feb.15—Hearing on Pine Mountain Fire Station will be at 2 p.m. in the Board of Supervisors Chambers at 1115 Truxtun Ave., 1st Floor, Bakersfield. To coordinate carpools and transportation contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, February 2
- El Tejon School Science Fair will be on view at 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the gym at El Tejon School. There will also be a PTSO BBQ starting at 5 p.m. Teachers, students, parents and the public are all invited.
Thursday, February 3
- AARP Potluck Meeting is 12 noon at Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. Dr. Martinez from Frazier Mountain Community Health Center is guest speaker. Bring plate and utensils.
Friday, February 4
- 16th Annual Autism Awareness Conference presented by Autism Society Chapter-Kern at Hodel’s Banquet Room, 5917 Knudson Dr., Bakersfield. Doors open at 7:30 a.m. Vendors all day with featured speakers Dr. Temple Grandin and John Elder Robison.
- Yesteryear plays live at La Sierra in Frazier Park. Dance to your old favorites. Dinner and drink specials available. Dance contest will be at 8 p.m. at 3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661-245-3628.
Saturday, February 5
- Fort Tejon State Historical Society Frontier Army Days takes you back in time to 1856. Experience daily army life (10 a.m.-3 p.m. located just off the I-5, north of Frazier Park at the Fort Tejon exit). Please bring a picnic lunch (no food concessions available). Adults $7 children 6-12 $3. Please call 661-248-6692 for more information.
- Condor Group of the Sierra Club potluck at 6:30 p.m. followed with presentation at 7 p.m. by Russell Orrell on aerial views of local area. Free, public welcome. Pine Mountain Clubhouse Pavilion Room. Further information call 661-242-0432.
- SHHH don’t breathe a word….. but Kate Donahue’s big 5-0 birthday party is at the Work of HeART Gallery at 7 p.m. Music by Tommy Osuna and friends from 8-11 p.m. $ 20 tickets are available at The Tree, Gallery, Mane Place and Robin Hood. For info email Mike at email@example.com
Sunday, February 6
*Superbowl XLV Party in the Condor Lounge, Pine Mountain Clubhouse starts at 3 p.m. $1 draft Happy Hour on well drinks, $1 hot dogs, BBQ ribs and chicken with all the fixin’s $10.
Monday, February 7 — Lincoln’s Birthday
- ETUSD schools will be closed for Lincoln’s birthday. The Mountain Enterprise will be open.
Tuesday, February 8
- Bible Study Series with Joanne Frank begins at 9:45 a.m. at the Lebec Community Church. Free women’s class, childcare is provided. For more information call Judy Rose at 248-2004.
Wednesday, February 9
- The Parent Project is a 10-Week Parenting Course with facilitators. It will be offered by Clinica Sierra Vista and the Family Resource Center at the Continuation Building next to Frazier Mountain High School. An additional six-week program will follow. Registration is required, so please call 245-0250 or 245-4303 for information and to sign up.
- Foreclosure Recovery Workshop at Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance, 615 California Ave. Bakersfield 93304. Admission is free, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. To register call Andrea Scarbrough at 559-802-1658
Thursday, February 10
- Harlem Globetrotters Tickets contest sponsored by The Mountain Enterprise ends today. Send your 75-word essay to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, February 11
- Deadline for 10% discount on ordering ads in the Greater Frazier Mountain Community Phone Book. Call 245-3794 for more information about the real community phone book.
- Open-Mic Poetry returns to the Coffee Cantina 7-8:30 p.m. Free. All ages/genres are welcome. Sign ups begin at 6:30 p.m. (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, 245-3166).
- Pine Mountain Town Hall Meeting guest speakers are Paul and Sarah Edwards from Let’s Live Local, at 7 p.m. in the Pine Mountain Clubhouse Condor Room. Free.
This is part of the January 28, 2011 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.