For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, November 2, 2018
• Kids get a free book on any day of the Library’s Used Book Sale! Engaged reading is a powerful predictor of children’s lifelong success, so come choose a book you love at the book sale today, which runs 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
• Gorman School’s Fall Festival is 3–6 p.m. Lots of activities are planned, like a scarecrow contest, game booths, food and a silent auction.
* Toast TGIF with PMC’s Acoustic Friday, beginning at 7 p.m. in the Condor Lounge. This evening features the Del Fuego Brothers, aka Steve ‘Divebar’ Kramer and Gil Karson. It is sure to be a fun time and it is free, but tips for the musician are encouraged and appreciated.
Saturday, November 3, 2018
• Books are half-price on this last day of the Library’s Used Book Sale, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Frazier Park Library. And remember, children get a free book as well. It’s a win-win!
• Vine Pregnancy Center’s Fall Yard Sale is 10 a.m.–5 p.m. at Name Your Price thrift store (628 Alhambra Trail, Frazier Park).
• A Free Community Dinner and warm clothing giveaway is 3–5 p.m. at Frazier Mountain Park Community Center.
Monday, November 5, 2018
• Senior Stretching is 11–11:45 a.m. at Frazier Mountain Park Community Center every Monday and Thursday. Some stretches are done sitting in a chair, some standing, and you do only what you are able to do comfortably. The teacher is in her 90s, so clearly, stretching does a body good!
• The Ridge Route Communities Museum Book Club will meet at 4 p.m. at the museum (3515 Park Dr., FP). This month’s selection is Seize the Night by Dean Koontz. Children are disappearing, but Christopher Snow believes they are alive. Forced to live in the shadows because of a rare genetic disorder, Snow is not afraid of the dark and thus uncovers the secret to their disappearance…and the plot thickens.
Tuesday, November 6, 2018
• The groundbreaking for Lake of the Woods’ water line and meter construction is 11 a.m. at 6536 Ivins Dr. You may park along Ivins Drive, but please do not block any driveways.
• How to prevent childhood lead poisoning is the topic of the free Parent Empowerment Series, 10–11:30 a.m. at the FRC meeting room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). After the guest speaker, time is set aside for parent relaxation and fun. See story on page 9 of the print edition.
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
• It’s Ukulele Jam time, folks! These fun gatherings are every first Wednesday of the month, 5–7 p.m. at the Frazier Park Library. Bring your own instrument to join in the fun. All ages and skill levels are welcome.
Thursday, November 8, 2018
• Come celebrate Ginger’s 200th day of service as the ‘Barks & Books’ listener at Frazier Park Library. She’s having a party, 3:30 p.m. at the library, and you’re invited.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• Veterans Day Holiday is observed Monday, Nov. 12 by ETUSD, Peak to Peak Mountain Charter and Gorman Elementary schools.
• A Community Veterans Day celebration is planned for Monday, Nov. 12, 11 a.m. at the Prosser Memorial in Frazier Mountain Park. VFW Post 9791 hosts the event.
• The Holiday Faire and Festival of Lights is coming Dec. 1, and you are needed! Be part of this year’s events at planning meetings Sundays, Nov. 11 and 18, 5 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s Pizza. Bring the family and help make this beloved tradition a great success.
• Those concerned by the Wildlife Corridor proposal: Ventura County has postponed their planning commission meeting until Thursday, Dec. 6, 8:30 a.m. at the Ventura Government Center (800 S. Victoria Ave.). VC CoLAB is moving forward with a potential lawsuit. To get involved in fighting the corridor, call 805.633.2291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frazier Park Library
Hours: Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Fri.-Sat. 9-5
3732 Park Drive, FP— 661-245-1267
•ALL DAY ‘Dias de los Muertos’ Family Edition Coloring fest
Friday, Nov. 2
•9 a.m.–5 p.m. Friends of Library Book Sale–All welcome (free book for each child)
•9 a.m. Color Me Happy
•1 p.m. Bible study (NEW)
Saturday, Nov. 3
•9 a.m.–4 p.m. Friends of Library Book Sale–1/2-Price Day! (free book for each child)
• ALL DAY Family Game Week: Play your favorite board games
Tuesday, Nov. 6
•11:30 a.m. Storytime
•3:30 p.m. LEGO-Mania Club
Wed., Nov. 7
•11 a.m. Quilting & Crafts
•3:30 p.m. Chess Club
•5 p.m. Ukulele Jam
Thursday, Nov. 8
•Noon–1 p.m. Meditation
•1 p.m.–2 p.m. Tai Chi
•3:30 p.m. Ginger’s 200th party!
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
12:30–4 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
• Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
First, Second and Third Wednesday
•Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. at The Ranch House, Gorman. Call D. Turner 661.245.1882
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Cal. Veteran Assistance Foundation at the Family Resource Center, 9–11 a.m.
Call 661.245.4303 to confirm
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Personal computer coaching 11:30 a.m. FP Library (245.1267)
•E-Reader help. Call for appt. Frazier Park Library 661.245.1267
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Noon meditation at Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, PMC; Good to call to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, grades 8–12, meets at the Activity Center, 5 p.m. 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue
6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park
Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (661.245.3995)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•AARP potluck meeting 12 noon at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse. 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 7 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours are 3–4 p.m. at the Family Resource Center (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park)
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•State Senator Jean Fuller’s mobile office hours are 3–5 p.m. at the Family Resource Ctr,
3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP (appt: 661.323.0443)
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 7–9 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Pet Food Giveaway 9–11 a.m. at Shelter on the Hill Thrift Store parking lot, 3536 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•NEW! Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (245.4303)
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building,
1001 Coldwater Drive.
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 7:30 a.m. 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #H, LOW
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the November 2, 2018 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.