For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, Nov. 1, 2019
• It’s the last day of the Pumpkin Patch at Frazier Park Elementary School, 2:15–3:15 p.m. Pumpkins are just $5, and the proceeds benefit school programs.
• Need more fright? Come to the Gorman Ghost Tour. Dinner is at 6:30 p.m., followed by a video at 7 p.m. and a guided tour of the campus—complete with stories of the hijinks of Harriet, the ghost of Gorman Elementary School (49847 Gorman School Road). Adults, $10 and kids under 12, $5. Proceeds support Gorman’s robotics team.
• Speak Easy Theater’s ‘Holidaze’ Show 2019, featuring local talent performing original work by local writers, is 7 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery (16233 Pine Valley Lane, PMV). Tickets are $5, and you can reserve at 661.858.3130.
Saturday, Nov. 2, 2019
• Books are half-price on this last day of the Library’s Used Book Sale, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Frazier Park Library. Remember, children get a free book, as they do on every day of the Used Book Sale. And Friends of the Library earn funds for their wonderful programs. It’s a win-win-win!
• Speak Easy Theater’s ‘Holidaze’ Show 2019, featuring local talent performing original work by local writers, is 7 p.m. at Basecamp (16311 Askin Dr, PMV). Tickets are $5, and you can reserve at 661.242.2709.
Sunday, Nov. 3, 2019
* New members are invited to the annual PMC Meet ‘n’ Greet is 12:30–3 p.m. in the Pine Mountain Club Condor Room and Lounge. Refreshments and hors d’oeuvres will be served. Be welcomed, meet new friends and learn about our clubs, committees and activities. RSVP at 661.242.3788.
• Do you love the Holiday Faire? Come to a planning meeting, 5:30 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s. Be part of the tradition, get to know your neighbors, have fun and share your ideas. All are welcome. Meetings will now be weekly—today, Nov. 10, Nov. 17 and Nov 24.
Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2019
• It’s Ukulele Jam time, folks! These fun gatherings are every first Wednesday of the month, 5–7 p.m. at Frazier Park Library. Bring your own instrument to join in the fun. All ages and skill levels are welcome.
Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019
• The fall tour of the Kern County Sheriff’s Office headquarters is at 9 a.m., and may include the SWAT Team, Bomb Squad, K-9 Unit and Air Support Unit. Tours are quarterly and open to the public, but reservations are required, at 661.391.7559.
• The AARP potluck luncheon is 11:45 a.m. in the Senior Room of the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. Bring your favorite dish and a table service (plate and fork) for fun and enjoyable companionship. There will be a guest speaker from Frazier Park Fire Station 57.
• Join the Mountain Communities Family Resources Center for a strategic planning meeting, 3:15–6 p.m. at Frazier Park Library (3732 Park Drive). Share your perspectives, help create and learn more about the center’s priorities. We welcome input from community members or others with an interest in how the Family Resource Center meets the needs of the Mountain Communities!
Ongoing and Upcoming
• The ‘Let’s Live Local’ Winter Clothing Exchange is Sunday, Nov. 10 a.m.–3 p.m. in the Condor Room of the Pine Mountain clubhouse. It’s all free, and all are welcome. To donate clothes in advance, call Pam at 661.242.2035 or Tara at 661.242.6901.
• A public hearing about the proposed Grapevine Specific and Community Plan by Tejon Ranchcorp will be held Thursday, Nov. 14, 7 p.m., by the Kern County Planning Commission at Board of Supervisors Chambers (First Floor1115 Truxtun Ave., at ‘N,’ Bakersfield).
• The PMCPOA Holiday Craft Fair is Saturday, Nov. 30 10 a.m.–3 p.m. at the PMC clubhouse. Handmade items only; no food or beverage items may be sold. Applications are available at the business window. Call 661.242.3788 for details.
At the Frazier Park Library
Hours: Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Fri.-Sat. 9-5
3732 Park Drive, FP— 661-245-1267
Friday, Nov. 1
•9 a.m. Color Me Happy (Adult coloring and coffee)
•9 a.m.–5 p.m. Friends of Library Book Sale–Everyone welcome
Saturday, Nov. 2
•9 a.m.–4 p.m. Friends of Library Book Sale–Half-Price Day!
•10 a.m. Science Saturday
Tuesday, Nov. 5
•11:30 a.m. Storytime
•5:30 p.m. LEGO Club
Wed., Nov. 6
•11 a.m. Quilting & Other Crafts
•3:30 p.m. Chess Club
•5 p.m. Ukulele Jam
Thursday, Nov. 7
•Noon 8 Treasures Qigong with Mary Miller
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
10 a.m.–3 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
• Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Mountain Girls 2:30-4:30 p.m. in Pine Mountain Club; please RSVP (call or text) to 661.808.7959 for location and details.
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Park Run for Fun 8 a.m., from Frazier Mountain Park parking lot; leashed pets welcome
•Noon meditation and a brief dharma talk at Jizo Peace Center (2012 Pioneer
Way, PMC); call for information, and to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956.
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Writers’ Workshop, 1-4, Frazier Park Library.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, 5-6:30 p.m., meets at the Activity Center (log cabin), 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue, 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (805.727.6808)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours mirror Kevin McCarthy’s above: 10–11 a.m. in Frazier Park, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. in PMC.
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•AARP potluck meeting 11:45 a.m. at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 6 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (661.245.4303)
•ArtFlix at Artworks, free film series, 6:30 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV 661.858.3130
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building, 1001 Coldwater Drive
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 9 a.m. 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Last Thursday of the month
•Painting with Pam and Friends, 6 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV, $30/person. Refreshments served. Call for reservations: 661.245.3444
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the November 1, 2019 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.