For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, January 27
• Walt & Pam perform classic rock, blues, pop and country music at La Sierra Mexican Restaurant, 5:30 p.m. (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
• Asher & Friends perform folksy, mellow music at The Condor Lounge, 6-9 p.m. (2524 Beechwood Way, PMC). The Condor Lounge is open to everyone.
Saturday, January 28
• Today is the last day to sign up for Frazier Mountain Little League baseball and softball! Adults with children ages 4 to 16 who are interested in the spring program are encouraged to visit www.FMLL.org for more information.
• The Wildlands Conservancy hosts it’s Wild Kidz event today and Sunday, January 29, 10 a.m.–2 p.m. at Wind Wolves Preserve (16019 Maricopa Hwy, Bakersfield). Bring the family and kids for reptile presentations and educational activities. No reservations are required. For more details call 661.858.1115 or email email@example.com.
• Lockwood Hillbillies Shawn and Petra perform outlaw country music at La Sierra Mexican Restaurant, 5:30 p.m. (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
• Bandit performs their mix of classic rock, blues and country music The Condor Lounge, 7–11 p.m. (2524 Beechwood Way, PMC). The Condor Lounge is open to everyone.
Tuesday, January 31
• The deadline for Covered California Open Enrollment is today for those who need health insurance coverage. Many can qualify for financial assistance. Visit CoveredCA.com for help finding a licensed agent, to chat live with a representative and for on-demand telephone assistance for new enrollees. Covered CA can also be reached at 800.300.1506, Monday–Saturday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Wednesday, February 1
• Join the Mountain Communities Family Resource Center for Children’s Circle, 11 a.m.–12 p.m. at Frazier Park (3801 Park Dr., FP). Children of all ages are invited to the park for fun activities, crafts, games and socializing. This event occurs every Wednesday at the same time. For more information, call MCFRC at 661.245.4303.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• Kern Community Foundation’s Kern Futures Scholarship application period is open now through March 7. Graduating high school seniors planning to attend college, university or an accredited technical school are encouraged to apply. Visit www.kernfoundation.org/scholarships for an opportunity to be awarded $500–$3,000 in scholarship funds.
• The last day to submit photos for the Mountain Youth Photo contest has been postponed until Spring. Submissions must be accompanied by the signed form which can be found in past editions of The Mountain Enterprise. This contest is for ages 6–18.
• The AARP Frazier Park Chapter Senior Exercise program continues every Monday and Thursday, 11 a.m.–noon. This program is held at the Frazier Park Community Center (3801 Park Dr., FP). For questions, call Beth Gomez at 661.245.5472.
• Bingo Night is every Saturday, 6–9 p.m. at VFW post 9791 (612 Canada Trail, FP). Doors will open at 6 p.m., and the first game will begin at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited. VFW pull-tabs and refreshments will be offered for sale.
• Have you gotten your Resident Permit yet? Permits can help you get past those winter road closures. When CHP sets up the snow visitor chain check line, you can be waved through if you display one for the current year. Permits are issued by Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce and they are available for $6 each with proof of residence at the following locations:
Rescued Treasures Thrift Store: 3538 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Ridge Route Communities Museum: 3515 Park Drive, FP
Mountain Memories: 661.623.2340 or info@FrazierFiestaDays.org
Mountain Properties PMC: 16229 Pine Valley Lane, PMC
Mountain Aire Veterinary Hospital: 837 Lebec Road, FP
Don’s Liquor Mart: 616 Monterey Trail, FP
Ace Hardware: 3320 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Artworks Community Gallery: 16233 Pine Valley Ln., PMC
Code 4 Acupuncture & Herbs: 3402 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
At the Frazier Park Library
Library hours: Tues. through Thurs., 11–6 p.m. • 3732 Park Drive, FP • 661.245.1267
Thursday, Jan. 26
•12 p.m. Storytime and Crafts
•12 p.m. Quilting and Crafts
•5 p.m. Virtual Horror Book Club
Wednesday, Feb. 1
•11 p.m. Coffee & Coloring
•4 p.m. Ukulele Jams
Thursday, Feb. 2
•12 p.m. Storytime & Crafts
•12 p.m. Quilting & Crafts
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Senior Exercise ,11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution, (661.245.1952)
Every Tuesday and Thursday
•Walt & Pam, 6 p.m. at La Sierra Mexican restaurant (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m., Pine Mtn Village, (661.242.1025)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Men’s Bible Study in the Library, 10 a.m., Pine Mountain Village, (661.242.1025)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Youth Group meets from 5–7 p.m. for youth in grades 7–12, at the Activity Center of Pine Mtn Village. (661.242.1025)
•Morning Yoga, 10:30 a.m., Frazier Park Library, FP (661.245.1267). Bring your own mat.
•Meals on Wheels distribution, (661.245.1952)
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Senior Sack, 10 a.m.–12 p.m., Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP (661.245.3409)
•Senior Exercise, 11 a.m., Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior room, FP (661.245.1992)
•Children’s Circle, 11–11:55 a.m., Frazier Park Library, FP (661.245.1267)
•Quilting and Crafts, 12 p.m.
•Meals on Wheels distribution, (661.245.1952)
•Cary Park, 6 p.m. at La Sierra Mexican restaurant (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP) except the first Friday of the month.
•Meditation, 12 p.m., Jizo Peace Center (818.834.5925).
•VFW Bingo Night, 7 p.m. at Post 9791 (612 Canada Trail, FP.)
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church service, 10 a.m., and live streamed at www.pmccc.org (661.242.1025)
•Salvation Army Commodities, 9 a.m., Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (805.727.6808)
•Ukulele Jam, 4 p.m., Frazier Park Library, FP.
•ETUSD School Board 6:30 p.m., 3149 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.248.6247)
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 6 p.m., 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP.
•Poetry Night, 6 p.m., at Adventure Ink Bookstore (16225 Askin Drive, PMC).
•Open Mic Night, 6 p.m. at La Sierra Mexican restaurant (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m., online via Zoom.
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 6 p.m., online via Zoom.
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m., online via Zoom.
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building, 1001 Coldwater Drive.
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m., in the Staff lounge, Frazier Park Elementary School, FP (626.391.6380)
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•Pine Mountain Club Property Owners Association Board of Directors meeting, 10 a.m., in the Condor Room. (661.242.3788)
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m., Frazier Mountain Community Center 661.245.3409, FP.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 1 p.m., 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP and online via Zoom.
Every second and fourth Sunday
•A Garden Market with organic produce and crafts at the Pine Mountain Village center gazebo, 12–4 p.m.
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the January 27, 2023 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.