FRAZIER PARK; Thursday, Jan. 24; 2:10 p.m.; According to a Caltrans press release, all vehicles previously stranded inside the Interstate 5 closure have now been removed; those with chains drove out and the remainder were …
Beginning January 25, all MountainEnterprise.com website subscribers will be required to log in for full access to the site. All website subscriptions will be reset to begin on January 25, 2008. For example, if you …
By Gary Meyer
A gunshot in Lebec prompted a SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics) team to swarm a tiny neighborhood in O’Neil Canyon, Friday, Jan. 11.
The Kern County Sheriff’s Department responded to a domestic …
Tale of a Bullet and an Invisible Bear
January 8, 2008 Thank you folks!
There was a shooting mishap [The Mountain Enterprise, "Don Tait Recovering From Bullet Wound," Dec. 21, 2007] in which I …
By Jerry Quick
My daughter came home from a trip to the Starbucks at Laval Road with a wild story Sunday, Jan. 13.
Clarissa Quick, 17 (captain of the Frazier Mountain High School varsity girls …
On Tuesday, Jan. 15 at about 4 p.m. Kern County Sheriff’s deputies from the Frazier Park substation were called to Lake of the Woods on a report of a residential robbery by two suspects armed ...
The Reverend Martin Luther King’s philosophy of nonviolent direct action and his strategies for rational, constructive social change galvanized the conscience of America during the struggle for civil rights and for the right to vote ...
By Sidney Cline
The academic skill and calm assurance of prepared spellers is always a delight to observe at the El Tejon School and District Spelling Bees. This year was no different as the 10th ...
On January 9, Frazier Park parent LeeAnn Walker signed a blue card as she entered the monthly meeting of the El Tejon Unified School District Board of Trustees, then stood to ask: "How safe are ...
By Tim Garcia, AU Board Member
The Kern County Chapter of Americans United for the Separation of Church and State is presenting Robert Boston at Bakersfield College on Thursday, Jan. 31, 7 p.m. at the ...
By Ryan Bridgen, United States Forest Service
The USFS Los Padres district is planning a series of burning projects over the next several months to eliminate piled brush.
The brush was cut and piled while ...
The Mountain Enterprise to Triple Award for Local Winners
The 2007-2008 Kern County Grand Jury is sponsoring an essay contest. The topic is how the civil functions of the Grand Jury contribute to "Transparency in ...
Horror Flick Starring Lil’ Romeo Shoots at Mil Potrero Park
At www.ThePigPeople.com you’ll see this Robert Miller Entertainment production called "A Gripping Suspense," with a plot summarized in this way: "After multiple unsolved murders ...
Calendar and Announcements
- Sightings: Bobcat in Gorman
- High Country Gardener: Tree Bark Steals the Show
- Ask Moesha: Energizer Doggie?
- Around Town: First AARP Meeting of 2008
- Association News: Pinon Pines Flouride Update
- Pit Bulls Attack Neighbor
- Ashburn Asks DMV To Offer Services in Frazier Park
- Enterprise on the Road: Adventures by the Sea
- American Fossil To Play at Madd Bailey’s and Sue’s Tavern
- Fire Clearing Projects to Start Soon
- Two of Six Parties Allow Nonpartisan Voters To Vote in Primaries
- Hope for the Heart: Sanctity of Life Celebration Dinner 2008
- Too Good Not to Report Department: Truck Driver Steals Fuel with Screwdriver
- Trustees Accept Resignation of Edison School District Chief
- Note to Our Readers
- FPPUD Special Meeting Rescheduled
- Ridge Route Communities Museum Seeks Help In Setting Up 2008 Displays
- In Memorium – Doris Gower: November 16, 1917 – January 8, 2008
- Memorial Service Set For Frances De Francisco
- Memorial Service Set For Ed Holton
- Reception to Honor Sue Hendrickson Scheduled
- In Loving Memory of Ruth Hagerty: August 27, 1992-January 6, 2008