- Preschool Story Time is every Saturday at 2 p.m. at FP Library, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way.
- Lori Murphy is June’s Artist of the Month at Work of Heart Gallery (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
- Ridge Route Communities Museum is accepting donated barn sale goods through the end of May for June 5-6 Cuddy Valley sale. Call 245-2339 or 245-1789
- Applications for free spay/neuter vouchers are being accepted for dogs over 40 pounds by Mountain Communities SPCA through June 15 (245-3035).
- Donated auction items sought for Simba Roberts benefit on June 26: 242-2931 or 242-2153.
Thursday, May 27
- Deadline to apply for Rotary Club scholarship, 245-3456
- Frazier Park School Open House and Silent Auction begins at 5 p.m. with pizza and more, classrooms open 6:30-7:30 p.m. El Tejon School Drumline to perform.
- Early Bird Registration for Jr. Falcon Football and AYSO youth soccer will be held at Frazier Park School Open House, 5-8 p.m.
- Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce general meeting 7 p.m. Cuddy Hall
- Jizo Peace Center field trip to Ananda Ashrama in La Crescenta for Lord Buddha’s birthday departs at 7 p.m. Please call to reserve your spot on the field trip, 242-6956
Friday, May 28
- *Pine Mountain Clubhouse swimming pool opens for the summer at 7 a.m.
- Watercolor Workshop 2-4:30 p.m. Art Studio, 3701 Mt. Pinos Way, FP $25, (661-204-6569)
- Friday Night Live comedy night at Frazier Mountain High School, 7 p.m. in the cafetorium. $5, ages 14+ only, call 242-1289 for more information or to make reservations (see ad pg. 7)
- Blues and Jazz Club: Kwan Hearns 7 p.m. Condor Lounge, Pine Mountain Club $15/$17 ($20 at door if available; call 242-3788 for tickets, members/nonmember guests, see pgs. 5, 13).
- Teddy and Teresa Spanky live at Reyes Creek Bar and Grill, Camp Scheideck in Lockwood Valley. 8 p.m. (661) 766-2521
- Karaoke at Sue’s Tavern 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. 245-1100
Saturday, May 29
- Endurance bicyclists from the Heartbreak Double Century (starting in Lancaster at 5:30 a.m.) and Heartbreak 100 races (starting in Lebec at 8 a.m.) will be passing through Frazier Park on their way to Pine Mountain, Ventucopa and returning through Lockwood Valley to starting points. See www.planetultra.com/HB100/index.html for more information on both races and please be aware of heavy bicycle traffic on the roads throughout the day.
- Second Annual Ridge Route Run Car Show in Frazier Park 7 a.m. car registration ($25 benefits Boys & Girls Club), 8-9 a.m. poker walk, 10 a.m. car show starts, music and Star Cars; 3:30 p.m. awards presentation (245-0150 or email@example.com, see pg. 1).
- Dept. of Veterans Affairs Mobile Vet Center will be at the Ridge Route Run Car Show from 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. with free services available to local vets (legal services, counseling, etc).
- Jr. Falcon Football registration will be at Ridge Route Run Car Show.
- First Frazier Mountain Renaissance Faire begins today and continues through Monday, May 31 and then June 5-6 at Tait Ranch. Adults $15 at the gate, children 10-17 $10, under 9 free with adult admission. See pg. 1, ad pg. 5 and www.frazmtnrenfaires.com for more info.
- *Meet the PMCPOA Board Candidates for 2010-2011, 9 a.m. Condor Room
- Free ‘Fix-It Tips’ clinic, 2-3 p.m. The Village Yarn, 16233 Askin Dr., 242-4200 Also Sun.
- *Concert on the Green: Ronnie and the Classics 5:30 p.m. Pine Mountain golf course
- Friday Night Live comedy night at Frazier Mountain High School 7 p.m. in the cafetorium, $5, ages 14+ only, call 242-1289 for more information or to make reservations (see ad pg. 7).
- *Boys Nite Out live 7:30 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse Lounge. 242-3788
- Toni Dodd & The Southbound Blues live at Reyes Creek Bar and Grill, Camp Scheideck, Lockwood Valley. 8 p.m. (661) 766-2521
- Tres Aliens live at Sue’s Tavern 9 p.m. 3440 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park. 245-1100
Monday, May 31 — Memorial Day
- Memorial Day ETUSD holiday. Ceremony at Cody Prosser Veterans’ Memorial in Frazier Mountain Park at 11 a.m. The Mountain Enterprise will be open.
Wednesday, June 2
- Family Reading fun day is at Frazier Park School 2:15-3:15 p.m. in the school cafeteria.
Thursday, June 3
- AARP “Hamburger Feed” potluck meeting with special guest Lee Dunnevant from Center of the World Festival. 12 p.m. Please bring a side or dessert and your own utensils. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, 245-2234
- *Pine Mountain Community Picnic 4-8 p.m. in Lampkin Park. Picnic continues every Thursday as weather permits. Call 242-3788 for details.
Friday, June 4
- New date: Kern County Veterans Service Dept. Representative at the Family Resource Center 9 a.m.-12 noon, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way. 245-4303, free help for all veterans and their spouses. Continues every first Friday.
- Frazier Mountain High School Senior Sunrise Breakfast 8-10:30 a.m. at the Ranch House Restaurant in Gorman, 49713 Gorman Post Road
- AYSO Youth Soccer Registration at Mike’s Pizza, Lake of the Woods, 5-8 p.m.
- *Family Friendly Friday: Sonny Tubbs performs in the PMC Condor Lounge 6-8 p.m.
- *Wine Society Dinner 6-8 p.m. in the PMC Condor Room. Call 242-3788 for tickets
Saturday, June 5
- Frazier Mountain Renaissance Faire continues today and Sunday at Tait Ranch. See www.frazmtnrenfaires.com for more information, $10/$15 at the gate.
- Ridge Route Museum barn sale at 10648 Cuddy Valley Rd. 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Also Sunday.
- Lori Murphy’s Artist of the Month Reception is 11-4 p.m. at the Work of Heart Gallery (3011 Mt. Pinos Way in Frazier Park). Meet Lori and see her work. Refreshments served.
- Condor Group of the Sierra Club potluck 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. wildlife biology by tracking expert Jim Lowery, Pine Mountain Clubhouse Pool Pavilion, open to all, 242-0432
- *YesterYear live 7:30 p.m. Pine Mountain Clubhouse Lounge. 242-3788
- Rueben live at Reyes Creek Bar & Grill, Camp Scheideck, Lockwood Vlly.. 8 p.m. (661) 766-2521
Sunday, June 6
- Ridge Route Museum barn sale at 10648 Cuddy Valley Road. 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- *Teen Movie Night at the Pine Mountain Clubhouse, 7-10 p.m. Continues every Sunday.
Monday, June 7
- Frazier Mountain High School Senior Awards banquet 6 p.m. Cafetorium
This is part of the May 28, 2010 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.