For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, June 8, 2018
* PMC Acoustic Friday is a great way to toast TGIF, beginning at 7 p.m. in the Condor Lounge. This evening features local singer-songwriter Gil Karson. It is free, but tips for the musician are encouraged and much appreciated.
• Peak to Peak School’s End-of-Year Celebration (graduation, musical, BBQ, auction) begins at 4 p.m. (19009 Cerro Noroeste Rd., PMC).
Saturday, June 9, 2018
• The Summer Reading Challenge and Music Festival continue at Frazier Park Library at 11 a.m. Kids who read ten books receive a free book. Sign up at the library or at KCLsummerchallenge.org. Outside, enjoy free ice cream and music by American Jukebox.
• Market Day is 11 a.m.–3 p.m. at Nature’s Home Organic Market (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). Find locally grown organic produce and vendor booths. Vendors, artisans, gardeners and others who wish to participate, call Lisa (661.245.3166) to reserve your free spot.
• Wine in the Pines is 1–4 p.m. (VIP entry is at noon) in Pine Mountain Village. This friendly festival features wine tasting, food, craft beers and music. Imbibers must be 21 years old. Get tickets at www.wineinthepines.com for $55; VIP is $80. General admission at the door will be $70.
• Artists’ Reception for ‘Laughing Angel’ Mixed-Media Art Club Show is 5 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery (16233 Pine Valley Lane, PMV).
• Learn who your animal neighbors are by their tracks at a talk by Jim Lowery, author of The Tracker’s Field Guide, at 7 p.m. at the Condor Group of the Sierra Club, in the PMC clubhouse pool pavilion. Everyone is invited, member or not. For info, call 661.242.0619.
Sunday, June 10, 2018
• The Wizard of Oz returns at 1 p.m. at Pine Mountain clubhouse. The $7 tickets are limited, so call 661.243.8022 or 661.242.3788 to reserve.
• Author Trebor Healey’s free workshop on erotic fiction writing is 10 a.m.–1 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery. At 5 p.m. he reads from Arrows and Dust, his new short stories—for ‘The Written Word’ series. RSVP to 661.242.8529 (16233 Pine Valley Lane, Pine Mountain. Village).
Monday, June 11, 2018
* Cool PMC Summer Camp sessions start today, offering astronomy, acting, dancing, art, many sports and more. Pick up an information flyer at the PMC office, call 661.242.3788 and see all the details in the June issue of The New Mountain Pioneer, free, on newsstands now.
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
• ‘Fun with Pastels’ is the Arts for Children program at the library: 1:30–2:30 p.m. for 5-8 year olds and 2:30–3:30 p.m. for 9-12 year olds, with talented teacher eacher Gigi Nommensen. The series has a new theme each Tuesday and Friday through July (3732 Park Dr., Frazier Park).
Thursday, June 14, 2018
• Learn about animal actors from Steve Martin’s Working Wildlife at 2 p.m. at the library. It’s a big hit with kids of all ages, so arrive early!
Ongoing and Upcoming
• ‘Dancin’ on the Ritz’ by In the Wings Studio of Dance is Friday, June 15, 6 p.m. and Saturday, June 16, 4 p.m., at El Tejon School (4337 Lebec Rd.). Advance tickets (from ITW, 3524 Mt. Pinos Way, FP, until June 8) are $10 for adults, $8 for kids under 12; at the door, $12 and $10.
* Father’s Day BBQ Picnic is Sunday, June 17, 2–5 p.m. on the patio at the PMC clubhouse. Tickets are $10, no advance purchase required.
* The PMC Community Yard Sale is Saturday, June 23 from 8 a.m.–2 p.m. at Lampkin Park basketball courts. Call 661.242.3788 for details.
* Perennial favorite Boxcar 7 plays at PMC’s Concert on the Greens, Saturday, June 23, 4:30–7 p.m. on the golf course.
• Make sure you’re healthy! The Frazier Mountain Health Fair, Saturday, June 30, 9 a.m.–1 p.m., offers free health checks, blood tests, stroke tests, services and screenings at Frazier Park School (3149 San Carlos Tr., FP). Free mammograms are by appointment at 661.245.1952.
• Market Day season is each Saturday, through October 27, 11 a.m.–3 p.m. at Nature’s Home Organic Market (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). Find locally grown organic produce and vendor booths. Vendors, artisans, gardeners and others, call Lisa (661.245.3166) to reserve your free spot.
Frazier Park Library
Hours: Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Fri.-Sat. 9-5
3732 Park Drive, FP— 661-245-1267
Friday, June 8
•9 a.m. Color Me Happy
•5 p.m. Writer’s Festival
Saturday, June 9
•9–10 a.m. Mountain Lotus Yoga
•11 a.m. Summer Reading Challenge & Music Festival
Tuesday, June 12
•11:30 a.m. Storytime w/ guest reader Cole Karr
•12 p.m. Lunch @ the Library (every Tues.-Fri. through July 27)
•1:30 p.m. Arts for Children (5–8)
•2:30 p.m. Arts for Children (9–12)
•3:30 p.m. LEGO-Mania Club
Wed., June 13
•1:30 p.m. Game On! (bd. games)
•3:30 p.m. Chess Club
Thursday, June 14
•Noon–1 p.m. Meditation**
•1 p.m.–2 p.m. Tai Chi**
•2 p.m. Working Wildlife
•3:30 p.m. Barks & Books
•5 p.m. Family Flix Before 6
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
12:30–4 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
• Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
First, Second and Third Wednesday
•Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. at The Ranch House, Gorman. Call D. Turner 661.245.1882
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Cal. Veteran Assistance Foundation at the Family Resource Center, 9–11 a.m.
Call 661.245.4303 to confirm
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Personal computer coaching 11:30 a.m. FP Library (245.1267)
•E-Reader help. Call for appt. Frazier Park Library 661.245.1267
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Noon meditation at Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, PMC; Good to call to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, grades 8–12, meets at the Activity Center, 5 p.m. 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue
6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park
Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (661.245.3995)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•AARP potluck meeting 12 noon at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse. 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 7 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours are 3–4 p.m. at the Family Resource Center (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park)
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•State Senator Jean Fuller’s mobile office hours are 3–5 p.m. at the Family Resource Ctr,
3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP (appt: 661.323.0443)
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 7–9 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Pet Food Giveaway 9–11 a.m. at Shelter on the Hill Thrift Store parking lot, 3536 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•NEW! Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (245.4303)
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building,
1001 Coldwater Drive.
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 7:30 a.m. 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #H, LOW
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the June 8, 2018 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.