For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, January 11, 2019
* Comedy Night with standup comedian Steve Mittleman is 7–8:30 p.m. at Pine Mountain Club’s Condor Room. Reserve your $10 ticket at 661.242.3788. Following the comedy, you can enjoy Acoustic Friday music with singer-songwriter Asher Nicholson in the Condor Lounge; no charge, but tips are appreciated!
Saturday, January 12, 2019
• Mountain Lotus Yoga at Frazier Park Library is 9-10 a.m. (3732 Park Drive, FP) with teacher Deb Lowe, who is trained in senior yoga to work with pain and other limitations.
• Science Saturday explores the mysteries of the flame: Why do flames have different colors? How can the color of a flame identify the elements in the material burned? Join Dr. Brunk to learn facts you can use to fascinate your friends, at 10 a.m. (3732 Park Drive, FP).
• Free meditation at Jizo Peace Center is at 12 noon (2012 Pioneer Way, PMC) with Ruth Handy, LCSW. Please call if you plan to attend: 661.242.6956. For more information see www.JizoPeaceCenter.org.
• Register for the 2019 Frazier Mountain Little League season at Falcon’s Nest (3216 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park), noon–4 p.m. Bring your child’s birth certificate and proof of residency. See Upcoming for other dates. Spring season tryouts will take place Feb. 2 and 9.
• The Friends of the Frazier Park Library meet at 2 p.m. to continue finding ways to keep our beautiful library best serving the community in spite of the small budget it has been given. Everyone is invited—your participation is welcomed.
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
• Cheer on the Peak to Peak Mountain Charter students at their Science and History Fair from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., when their projects will be on display in the Condor Room at the Pine Mountain Club clubhouse.
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
* PMCPOA Town Hall on short-term rentals is 7–9 p.m. in the Pine Mountain Club Condor Room.
Thursday, January 17, 2019
• ‘Artflix at Artworks’ will screen Georgia O’Keeffe at 6:30 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery (16233 Pine Valley Lane, Pine Mountain Village), starring Joan Allen as the iconic American painter and Jeremy Irons as her photographer husband, Alfred Stieglitz. The movie is free; wine and snacks are available for a $3 donation. See page 10 of the print edition.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• Recycle your Christmas tree at the Lebec Transfer Station (300 Landfill Road, Lebec). Kern County Waste Management asks that you remove tree stands, nails and decorations—and no plastic garbage bags around your trees, please. See ad on page 4 of the print edition.
• Mountain Communities artisans and collectors, show your stuff! Frazier Park Friends of the Library is sponsoring a Crafts and Collectibles show Saturday, Feb. 9, 10 a.m.–4 p.m. Limited spaces are available for $5 and $10; reserve at the library. Proceeds support library programs. See story on page 10 of the print edition.
• Frazier Mountain Little League registration is Saturday, Jan. 19, 4–7 p.m. at Basecamp (16311 Askin Dr., Pine Mountain Village); Saturday, Jan. 26, 4–7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest (3216 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park); and Thursday, Jan. 31, 5–7 p.m. at Basecamp.
• Wind Wolves Preserve’s Volunteer Days are a wonderful family opportunity for service and fun together. The next one is Sunday, Jan. 20, 10 a.m.–1 p.m. Learn how you can help restore the land and make a positive different for the animals and terrain of this Wildlands Conservancy preserve. For reservations and information, see link at www.MountainEnterprise.com.
• AT&T hosts a Town Hall meeting Saturday, Jan. 26 at 11 a.m. in the Condor Room at the Pine Mountain Club clubhouse, to discuss proposed wireless facilities and plans for enhanced service to the area.
Frazier Park Library
Hours: Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Fri.-Sat. 9-5
3732 Park Drive, FP— 661-245-1267
Friday, Jan. 11
•9 a.m. Color Me Happy
•1 p.m. Bible Studies for Women
Saturday, Jan. 12
•9 a.m. Yoga
•10 a.m. Science Saturday
•2 p.m. Friends of the Library mtg.
Tuesday, Jan. 15
•11:30 a.m. Storytime
•3:30 p.m. LEGO-Mania Club
Wed., Jan. 16
•11 a.m. Quilting & Crafts
•3:30 p.m. Chess Club
•5 p.m. Water Board meeting
Thursday, Jan. 17
•Noon–1 p.m. Meditation
•1 p.m.–2 p.m. Tai Chi
•3:30 p.m. Barks & Books
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
12:30–4 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
• Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
First, Second and Third Wednesday
•Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. at The Ranch House, Gorman. Call D. Turner 661.245.1882
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Cal. Veteran Assistance Foundation at the Family Resource Center, 9–11 a.m.
Call 661.245.4303 to confirm
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Personal computer coaching 11:30 a.m. FP Library (245.1267)
•E-Reader help. Call for appt. Frazier Park Library 661.245.1267
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Noon meditation at Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, PMC; Good to call to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, grades 8–12, meets at the Activity Center, 5 p.m. 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue
6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park
Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (661.245.3995)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•AARP potluck meeting 12 noon at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse. 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 7 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours are 3–4 p.m. at the Family Resource Center (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park)
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•State Senator Jean Fuller’s mobile office hours are 3–5 p.m. at the Family Resource Ctr,
3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP (appt: 661.323.0443)
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 7–9 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Pet Food Giveaway 9–11 a.m. at Shelter on the Hill Thrift Store parking lot, 3536 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•NEW! Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (245.4303)
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building,
1001 Coldwater Drive.
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 7:30 a.m. 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #H, LOW
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the January 11, 2019 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.