For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, January 18, 2019
* PMC Acoustic Fridays is a great way to toast TGIF, beginning at 7 p.m. in the Condor Lounge. This evening features classic rock from The Del Fuego Brothers, aka Steve ‘Divebar’ Kramer and Gil Karson. It is free, but tips for the musician are encouraged and much appreciated.
Saturday, January 19, 2019
• Get your weekend off to an invigorating start with a fun, non-competetive fitness run at Frazier Mountain Park, 8 a.m.
• The third Kern County Women’s March is 10 a.m.–3 p.m., starting at Mill Creek Park in downtown Bakersfield. The goal? Unity for all who seek women’s rights, human rights, civil liberties and social justice. Go to WomensMarch.com/California for more information.
• ‘Writers on the Hill’ is a free workshop for writers in the Mountain Communities, 1 p.m. every 1st and 3rd Saturday. The workshops are facilitated by veteran published author Marc Cushman.
• Frazier Mountain Little League registration is 4–7 p.m. at Basecamp (16311 Askin Dr., Pine Mountain Village). See Upcoming for other dates. Spring season tryouts will take place Feb. 2 and 9.
* Steve Hill, a BMI award-winning singer-songwriter, master fiddler and extraordinary guitar player, performs 7–11 p.m. at Pine Mountain Club’s Condor Lounge. There is no cover, but dancing shoes and a party spirit are definitely encouraged.
• Nothing like a rousing game of Bingo, right? It happens 7–9 p.m. at VFW Hall (612 Canada Trail, Frazier Park, 661.245.3273).
Sunday, January 20, 2019
• The Short Term Rental Task Force in Pine Mountain Club holds a town hall 10 a.m.–12 p.m. at the clubhouse Condor Room, to share ideas. This is an informational, educational, collaborative gathering for neighbors, owners, managers and guests of STRs, along with any interested community members.
All are welcome.
• Wind Wolves Preserve’s Volunteer Day is 10 a.m.–1 p.m., a wonderful family opportunity for service and fun together. Learn how you can help restore the land and make a positive difference for the animals and terrain of this Wildlands Conservancy preserve. See page 14 for a taste. For reservations and information, see link at www.MountainEnterprise.com.
• You are invited to a birthday party for Martin Luther King Jr., 6–8 p.m. at The Old Bear (16116 Mil Potrero Frontage, PMV), hosted by Mel and Kathy Weinstein and Julian Wilson and featuring guest speakers. MLK’s favorite dessert, peach cobbler, will be served.
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
• The Celtic Jam is 6–9 p.m. in the Pine Mountain clubhouse Condor Room. Bring an instrument and play along or just listen and enjoy.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• Mountain Communities artisans and collectors, show your stuff! Frazier Park Friends of the Library is sponsoring a Crafts and Collectibles show Saturday, Feb. 9, 10 a.m.–4 p.m. Limited spaces are available for $5 and $10; reserve at the library. Proceeds support library programs.
• AT&T hosts a Town Hall meeting Saturday, Jan. 26 at 11 a.m. in the Condor Room at the Pine Mountain Club clubhouse, to discuss proposed wireless facilities and plans for enhanced service to the area.
• ‘Mel Weinstein and Victoria HungerHurst: World of Photography’ opens at Artworks Community Gallery Friday, Jan. 25 12–4 p.m., featuring the artists’ images from Cambodia, France, Spain and Yosemite. An artists’ reception is Saturday, Jan. 26 at 5 p.m.: meet the photographers, see and hear about their work and enjoy great conversation and refreshments (16233 Pine Valley Lane, Pine Mountain Village).
• Frazier Mountain Little League registration is Saturday, Jan. 26, 4–7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest (3216 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park) and Thursday, Jan. 31, 5–7 p.m. at Basecamp (16311 Askin Dr., Pine Mountain Village).
Vehicle Resident Permits are SOLD OUT
Frazier Park Library
Hours: Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Fri.-Sat. 9-5
3732 Park Drive, FP— 661-245-1267
Friday, Jan. 18
•9 a.m. Color Me Happy
•1 p.m. Bible Studies for Women
Saturday, Jan. 19
•9 a.m. Yoga
•1 p.m. Writers workshop
Tuesday, Jan. 22
•11:30 a.m. Storytime
•3:30 p.m. LEGO-Mania Club
Wed., Jan. 23
•11 a.m. Quilting & Crafts
•3:30 p.m. Chess Club
Thursday, Jan. 24
•Noon–1 p.m. Meditation
•1 p.m.–2 p.m. Tai Chi
•3:30 p.m. Barks & Books
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
12:30–4 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
• Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
First, Second and Third Wednesday
•Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. at The Ranch House, Gorman. Call D. Turner 661.245.1882
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Cal. Veteran Assistance Foundation at the Family Resource Center, 9–11 a.m.
Call 661.245.4303 to confirm
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Personal computer coaching 11:30 a.m. FP Library (245.1267)
•E-Reader help. Call for appt. Frazier Park Library 661.245.1267
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Noon meditation at Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, PMC; Good to call to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, grades 8–12, meets at the Activity Center, 5 p.m. 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue
6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park
Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (661.245.3995)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•AARP potluck meeting 12 noon at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse. 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 7 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours are 3–4 p.m. at the Family Resource Center (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park)
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•State Senator Jean Fuller’s mobile office hours are 3–5 p.m. at the Family Resource Ctr,
3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP (appt: 661.323.0443)
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 7–9 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Pet Food Giveaway 9–11 a.m. at Shelter on the Hill Thrift Store parking lot, 3536 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•NEW! Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (245.4303)
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building,
1001 Coldwater Drive.
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 7:30 a.m. 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #H, LOW
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the January 18, 2019 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.