For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, January 25, 2019
• ‘Mel Weinstein and Tori HungerHurst: World of Photography’ opens at Artworks Community Gallery today, 12–4 p.m., featuring the artists’ images from Cambodia, France, Spain and Yosemite. An artists’ reception is tomorrow.
* PMC Acoustic Friday, 7 p.m. in the Condor Lounge, this evening features Steve Burkett in a toast to wearing many hats: a member of the PMCPOA board of directors and the PMC Guitar Society, he plays music at local venues and also leads worship music at Pine Mountain Bible Church.
Saturday, January 26, 2019
• Get your weekend off to an invigorating start with a fun, non-competetive fitness run at Frazier Mountain Park, 8 a.m.
• AT&T hosts a Town Hall meeting Saturday at 11 a.m. in the Condor Room at the Pine Mountain Club clubhouse, to discuss proposed wireless facilities and plans for enhanced service to the area. See pages 4 and 5.
• Frazier Mountain Little League registration is 4–7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest (3216 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park). Spring season tryouts will be February 2 and 9.
• The artists’ reception for the ‘Mel Weinstein and Tori HungerHurst: World of Photography’ show at Artworks Community Gallery (16233 Pine Valley Lane, Pine Mountain Village) starts at 5 p.m. Meet the photographers, see and hear about their work and enjoy great conversation and refreshments with your art-loving neighbors.
• Nothing like a rousing game of Bingo, right? It happens 7–9 p.m. at VFW Hall (612 Canada Trail, Frazier Park, 661.245.3273).
* The Rich Herman Band plays 7–11 p.m. at Pine Mountain Club’s Condor Lounge. This band is a local favorite and tonight features popular local bandmates Mark Moulin, Dave Wilson and Larry Handy. Arrive ready to dance and have a rip-roaring good time.
Thursday, January 31, 2019
• Frazier Mountain Little League registration is 5–7 p.m. at Basecamp (16311 Askin Dr., Pine Mountain Village). Spring season tryouts will be February 2 and 9.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• There are two tables left for the Crafts and Collectibles show Saturday, Feb. 9, 10 a.m.–4 p.m., sponsored by Frazier Park Friends of the Library to support library programs. Mountain artisans, reservations for those last tables (at $5 each) may be made at the library.
• The Sixth Annual Mountain Youth Photo Contest invites budding photographers, 6 to 18 years of age, to submit their entries. Cash prizes will be awarded, along with lots of public admiration of your work. The deadline is Saturday, March 2. More details are on submission form, page 2.
• Love wildflowers? The marvelous California Poppy Reserve in the Western Antelope Valley is accepting volunteer applications for the upcoming wildflower season, March 1–May 12. This is an opportunity to learn and to serve. Two Saturday training sessions are required, on February 2 and 9. Volunteer jobs include gift shop and visitor center staffing, walking trails and leading tours. No prior experience is needed. All ages from students to senior citizens are welcomed. Call 661.946.6900 or email Jean.Rhyne@parks.ca.gov to sign up.
* PMCPOA Clubhouse Task Force meetings start up Saturday, Feb. 2, 10 a.m. in the Condor Room. This first meeting of 2019 begins with an open meeting with the board and will cover several phases of the building plan, including ADA recommendations. There will be time for questions and all PMC residents are invited.
* The Super Bowl Party at Pine Mountain Club’s Condor Room and Lounge is Sunday, Feb. 3, starting at 3 p.m. The menu will feature ‘tailgate food’ like chili, tacos and nachos. During the game there will be happy-hour prices on cocktails and beer, plus a raffle with fun prizes.
• Sue’s Tavern will have fun, food, raffles and prizes on tap for Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 3, 3 p.m. onward (3440 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
• Break bread with your friends from the local AARP chapter at a potluck lunch, Thursday, Feb. 7, 11:45 a.m. in the Senior Room of the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. Bring your favorite dish and a table service (plate and fork) for fun and enjoyable companionship. We will have a speaker from our local Ridge Route Communities Museum.
• A Wildnerness Guided Hike at Wind Wolves Preserve is Saturday, Feb. 9, 8 a.m.–2 p.m. Naturalists lead a 6-7 mile trek from a trailhead in San Emigdio Canyon, south into the lush wilderness that was once the route of wagons between El Pueblo de Los Angeles and early San Francisco. There is a chance to see many kinds of wildlife and unique geological features. This hike happens just twice a year, and is for ages 8 and up. Bring your own water and lunch. For reservations and information, see link at www.MountainEnterprise.com.
Frazier Park Library
Hours: Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Fri.-Sat. 9-5
3732 Park Drive, FP— 661-245-1267
Friday, Jan. 25
•9 a.m. Color Me Happy
•1 p.m. Bible Studies for Women
Saturday, Jan. 26
•9 a.m. Yoga
•10 a.m. Science Saturday: Lights
Tuesday, Jan. 29
•11:30 a.m. Storytime
•3:30 p.m. LEGO-Mania Club
Wed., Jan. 30
•11 a.m. Quilting & Crafts
•3:30 p.m. Chess Club
Thursday, Jan. 31
•Noon–1 p.m. Meditation
•1 p.m.–2 p.m. Tai Chi
•3:30 p.m. Barks & Books
•5 p.m. Park and pond meeting
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
12:30–4 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
• Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
First, Second and Third Wednesday
•Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. at The Ranch House, Gorman. Call D. Turner 661.245.1882
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Cal. Veteran Assistance Foundation at the Family Resource Center, 9–11 a.m.
Call 661.245.4303 to confirm
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Personal computer coaching 11:30 a.m. FP Library (245.1267)
•E-Reader help. Call for appt. Frazier Park Library 661.245.1267
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Noon meditation at Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, PMC; Good to call to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, grades 8–12, meets at the Activity Center, 5 p.m. 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue
6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park
Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (661.245.3995)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•AARP potluck meeting 12 noon at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse. 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 7 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours are 3–4 p.m. at the Family Resource Center (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park)
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•State Senator Jean Fuller’s mobile office hours are 3–5 p.m. at the Family Resource Ctr,
3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP (appt: 661.323.0443)
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 7–9 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Pet Food Giveaway 9–11 a.m. at Shelter on the Hill Thrift Store parking lot, 3536 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•NEW! Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (245.4303)
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building,
1001 Coldwater Drive.
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 7:30 a.m. 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #H, LOW
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the January 25, 2019 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.