For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, February 1, 2019
• Come out and cheer for the Frazier Mountain High School Falcons basketball teams at their Senior Night home game against Desert. Boys JV plays at 3 p.m., girls varsity at 4 p.m. and boys varsity at 5 p.m. Senior players will be honored between games.
Saturday, February 2, 2019
• Today’s ‘Coffee with a Cop’ will zero in on snow visitor issues, such as traffic, trespassing, litter and more, 9 a.m. in the Condor Room of the Pine Mountain clubhouse. All Mountain Community residents are welcome.
• Love wildflowers? The marvelous California Poppy Reserve in the Western Antelope Valley is accepting volunteer applications for the upcoming wildflower season, March 1–May 12. This is an opportunity to learn and to serve. Two Saturday training sessions are required, today and February 9. Volunteer jobs include gift shop and visitor center staffing, walking trails and leading tours. No prior experience is needed. All ages from students to senior citizens are welcomed. Call 661.946.6900 or email Jean.Rhyne@parks.ca.gov to sign up.
• Spring tryouts for Frazier Mountain Little League start today (and are also on Feb. 9), 9 a.m.–3 p.m. at Tejon Fields.
Sunday, February 3, 2019
* The Super Bowl Party at Pine Mountain Club’s Condor Room and Lounge starts at 3 p.m. The menu will feature ‘tailgate food’ like chili, tacos, pulled-pork sliders and nachos. During the game there will be happy-hour prices on cocktails and beer, plus a raffle with fun prizes.
• Sue’s Tavern will have fun, food, raffles and prizes on tap for Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 3, 3 p.m. onward (3440 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
• Super Bowl Sunday kicks off early at Madd Bailey’s Pub, 11 a.m. with the highest screen count on the mountain, stereo sound, a special menu and signature cocktails (16200 Mil Potrero Highway, Pine Mountain Village).
Tuesday, February 5, 2019
• Come out and cheer for the Frazier Mountain High School Falcons soccer teams at their Senior Night home game against Bishop. Girls play at 3 p.m., boys play at 5 p.m. and the senior players will be honored between games.
Thursday, February 7, 2019
• The AARP potluck luncheon is 11:45 a.m. in the Senior Room of the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. Bring your favorite dish and a table service (plate and fork) for fun and enjoyable companionship. We will have a speaker from our local Ridge Route Communities Museum.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• The Sixth Annual Mountain Youth Photo Contest invites budding photographers, 6 to 18 years of age, to submit their entries. Cash prizes will be awarded, along with lots of public admiration of your work. The deadline is Saturday, March 2. More details in page 11 story and page 8 form.
• A Wildnerness Guided Hike at Wind Wolves Preserve is Saturday, Feb. 9, 8 a.m.–2 p.m. Naturalists lead a 6-7 mile trek from a trailhead in San Emigdio Canyon, south into the lush wilderness that was once the route of wagons between El Pueblo de Los Angeles and early San Francisco. There is a chance to see many kinds of wildlife and unique geological features. This hike happens just twice a year, and is for ages 8 and up. Bring your own water and lunch. For reservations and information, see link at www.MountainEnterprise.com.
• A Crafts and Collectibles show is Saturday, Feb. 9, 10 a.m.–4 p.m., sponsored by Frazier Park Friends of the Library to support library programs. Mountain artisans will be there to show and sell their wares. Perhaps you’ll find the perfect Valentine’s gift to give your sweetie!
• Do you love our annual Fiesta Days? It is produced by Mountain Memories Association (MMA) and relies on community involvement from people like you. Come meet your neighbors, have fun and help raise funds for good community deeds Sunday, Feb. 10, 5:30 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s Pizza (3620 Mt Pinos Way, #107, Frazier Park). Bring your great ideas! These planning meetings will happen the second Sunday of each month. All are welcome.
* RESCHEDULED: PMCPOA Clubhouse Task Force meetings get going again Saturday, Feb. 23, 10 a.m. in the Condor Room. This first meeting of 2019 begins with an open meeting with the board and will cover several phases of the building plan, including ADA recommendations. There will be time for questions and all PMC residents are invited.
Frazier Park Library
Hours: Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Fri.-Sat. 9-5
3732 Park Drive, FP— 661-245-1267
ALL MONTH — BLIND DATE WITH A BOOK:
Fall in love with a new author!
Friday, Feb. 1
•9 a.m. Color Me Happy
•1 p.m. Bible Studies for Women
Saturday, Feb. 2
•9 a.m. Yoga
Tuesday, Feb. 5
•11:30 a.m. Storytime
•3:30 p.m. LEGO-Mania Club
Wed., Feb. 6
•11 a.m. Quilting & Crafts
•3:30 p.m. Chess Club
•5 p.m. Ukulele jam
Thursday, Feb. 7
•Noon–1 p.m. Meditation
•1 p.m.–2 p.m. Tai Chi
•3:30 p.m. Barks & Books
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
12:30–4 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
• Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
First, Second and Third Wednesday
•Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. at The Ranch House, Gorman. Call D. Turner 661.245.1882
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Cal. Veteran Assistance Foundation at the Family Resource Center, 9–11 a.m.
Call 661.245.4303 to confirm
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Personal computer coaching 11:30 a.m. FP Library (245.1267)
•E-Reader help. Call for appt. Frazier Park Library 661.245.1267
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Noon meditation at Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, PMC; Good to call to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, grades 8–12, meets at the Activity Center, 5 p.m. 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue
6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park
Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (661.245.3995)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•AARP potluck meeting 12 noon at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse. 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 7 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours are 3–4 p.m. at the Family Resource Center (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park)
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•State Senator Jean Fuller’s mobile office hours are 3–5 p.m. at the Family Resource Ctr,
3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP (appt: 661.323.0443)
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 7–9 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Pet Food Giveaway 9–11 a.m. at Shelter on the Hill Thrift Store parking lot, 3536 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•NEW! Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (245.4303)
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building,
1001 Coldwater Drive.
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 7:30 a.m. 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #H, LOW
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the February 1, 2019 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.