For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, March 8, 2019
• Get your TGIF karaoke on at Sue’s Tavern, starting at 9 p.m. (3440 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park).
Saturday, March 9, 2019
* The PMCPOA board of directors meeting to consider an assessment increase is 10 a.m. in the Pine Mountain clubhouse Condor Room. All PMC members are welcome.
• Local author Susan de-Gaia, Ph.D, gives a talk, “Voices of Inclusion,” to launch her book Encyclopedia of Women in World Religions at 3 p.m. in the Community Room at the Frazier Park Library (3732 Park Drive, FP). There will be cake. A drum circle will follow, 4:30–5:30 p.m., for International Women’s Day in conjunction with drummers around the world, for the purpose of raising a vibration to help heal the planet.
Sunday, March 10, 2019 — PRESIDENTS DAY
• Daylight savings begins again this morning 2 a.m. We “spring forward” one hour. Set your clocks Saturday night so you’re not late to Sunday brunch!
• The Aging in Place Task Force meets at 3:30 p.m. in the pool pavilion of the Pine Mountain clubhouse.
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 — PRESIDENTS DAY
• The Ventura County Board of Supervisors will consider the Wildlife Corridor ordinance at the afternoon session of its regular meeting at 1 p.m. in the Ventura Board of Supervisors Hearing Room, Ventura County Hall of Administration (800 S. Victoria Ave., Ventura).
Thursday, March 14, 2019
• The PMC Guitar Society meets at 4 p.m. in the Pine Mountain clubhouse pool pavilion. Electric and acoustic players are welcome to the group, which will be preparing for their second PMC GuitarFest, coming this summer. The group meets twice a month.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• In the Wings Studio of Dance holds their annual rummage sale Friday, March 15 through Sunday, March 17, 8 a.m.–2 p.m. (3524 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). If you’re doing early spring cleaning, they welcome donations during business hours (3:30–7 p.m.).
• Support our little sluggers! Frazier Mountain Little League’s Opening Day (rescheduled due to weather) is Saturday, March 16, 9 a.m.–3 p.m. at Tejon Fields. Creative folks—caricature artists, face painters, magicians—are invited to join in for our community’s kids. Call 661.319.3026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wind Wolves’ Sixth Annual Spring Nature Festival is just around the corner, March 16–17, offering free, family-friendly activities in an outdoor gala of fun and discovery. Enjoy guided hikes, reptile exhibits, wildlife and wildflower viewing, family movies, virtual reality rock art tours and more. Last year 6,000 people attended. This year 8,000 are expected. Find a link with directions and details at www.MountainEnterprise.com.
• Frazier Mountain’s avian expert Lynn Stafford speaks on ‘Birds of Prey’ Saturday, March 16, 7 p.m, at the Ridge Route Communities Museum (3515 Park Dr., Frazier Park—behind the post office). See story on page 10.
* Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at the PMC clubhouse on Sunday, March 17, with the song stylings of Joe Croyle from 5–8 p.m. The special menu will include corned beef and cabbage, Irish nachos (potato skins) and bangers and mash.
• Grandparents Parenting Children Support Group holds its first meeting Monday, March 18, 5 p.m. at the Family Resource Center (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park) in the downstairs room. All grandparents helping to raise children are welcome. See story on page 8.
• ‘Artflix at Artworks’ will screen I’m Not There Thursday, March 21, 6:30 p.m. at the gallery (16233 Pine Valley Lane, Pine Mountain Village), starring six actors (including Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Richard Gere and Heath Ledger), each playing an aspect of the Bob Dylan legend, from Greenwich Village folk singer to electric guitar trailblazer to born-again preacher. The movie is free; wine and snacks are available for a $3 donation.
• The Frazier Mountain High School Winter Formal is set for Friday, March 22 from 7 to 11 p.m. at the school. Tickets are $15 per person or $25 per couple (students only), available on a pre-sale basis. More details to come…
• Gather your icky stuff for a Toxic Roundup Household Hazardous Waste drop-off, March 23, 9 a.m–noon, at the Lebec Transfer Station.
Frazier Park Library
Hours: Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Fri.-Sat. 9-5
3732 Park Drive, FP— 661-245-1267
March 2 – April 13
IN-N-OUT COVER TO COVER
Kids, read 5 books for a free burger!
Friday, March 8
•9 a.m. Color Me Happy
•1 p.m. Women’s Bible Study
Saturday, March 9
•9 a.m. Yoga
•10 a.m. Science Sat.: Airplanes
•2 p.m. Friends of the Library mtg.
•3 p.m. Susan de-Gaia book launch
Tuesday, Mar. 12
•11:30 a.m. Storytime
•3:30 p.m. LEGO-Mania Club
Wed., March 13
•11 a.m. Quilting & Crafts
•3:30 p.m. Chess Club
•6 p.m. Frazier Park Bookworms
Thursday, March 14
•12–2 p.m. Qigong Healing Workshop w/ Samuel Barnes
•3:30 p.m. Barks & Books
•4:30 p.m. Film screening: ‘Voices’
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
10 a.m.–3 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
• Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Mountain Girls 2:30-4:30 p.m. in Pine Mountain Club; please RSVP (call or text) to 661.808.7959 for location and details.
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Park Run for Fun 8 a.m., from Frazier Mountain Park parking lot; leashed pets welcome
•Noon meditation and a brief dharma talk at Jizo Peace Center (2012 Pioneer
Way, PMC); call for information, and to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956.
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Writers’ Workshop, 1-4, Frazier Park Library.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, 5-6:30 p.m., meets at the Activity Center (log cabin), 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue, 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (805.727.6808)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours mirror Kevin McCarthy’s above: 10–11 a.m. in Frazier Park, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. in PMC.
•AARP potluck meeting 11:45 a.m. at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 6 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m., email email@example.com for location.
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (661.245.4303)
•ArtFlix at Artworks, free film series, 6:30 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV 661.858.3130
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building, 1001 Coldwater Drive
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 9 a.m. 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Last Thursday of the month
•Painting with Pam and Friends, 6 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV, $30/person. Refreshments served. Call for reservations: 661.245.3444
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the March 8, 2019 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.