For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, March 29, 2019
• A Frazier Mountain High School Blood Drive is 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the school (700 Falcon Way, Lebec). Community members get priority scheduling whenever you show up. Along with getting a free T-shirt and snacks, every donor can save three lives, according to ETUSD event organizers (in partnership with Houchin Community Blood Bank).
• It’s Family Day at the Friends of the Library’s Used Book Sale! Engaged reading is a powerful predictor of children’s lifelong success, so kids, come choose a book you love and receive it for free at the book sale today, which runs 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday, March 30, 2019
• Books are half-price on this last day of the Library’s Used Book Sale, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Frazier Park Library. And remember, children get a free book as well. It’s a win-win!
• A tour of Bitter Creek National Wildlife Refuge will spotlight the wildflowers and habitats unique to this California Condor sanctuary. Hosted by the California Native Plant Society, it is 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. See www.MountainEnterprise.com for a link to more information and directions to Bitter Creek.
• The ever-popular Old Ridge Route 3-hour car tour led by Ridge Route Communities Museum historian Bonnie Kane rolls around again, 10 a.m. Cost is $15, which includes a history map handout. For reservations call 661.245.7747. You don’t want to miss this opportunity.
Tuesday, April 2, 2019
• A community town hall meeting about the Tecuya Ridge Shaded Fuelbreak project planned by Los Padres National Forest is 5–7 p.m. at the Frazier Park Library (3732 Park Drive), hosted by Mountain Neighbors. Bryant Baker, conservation director for Los Padres ForestWatch, will be there to participate in this informational gathering. See story on page 7 of the print edition.
Wednesday, April 3, 2019
• Salvation Army Commodities food distribution is 11 a.m. at Frazier Mountain Park to serve citizens of any age from Gorman, Lebec, Pine Mountain Club, Lockwood Valley, Frazier Park or the Neenach area who meet income qualifications. For more information, call 805.727.6808.
Thursday, April 4, 2019
• Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Center (3015 Mt. Pinos Way). To schedule an appointment, call 661.327.3611, or just show up to discuss matters with McCarthy’s field representatives.
• Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the PMC pool pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611, or just show up to discuss matters with McCarthy’s field representatives.
• The AARP potluck luncheon is 11:45 a.m. in the Senior Room of the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. Sue Templeton, branch supervisor of Frazier Park Library, will be the guest speaker. Bring your favorite potluck dish to share and a table service (plate and fork).
Ongoing and Upcoming
• Calling high school artists! Representative Kevin McCarthy invites you to compete in this year’s Congressional Art Competition. The submission deadline is Monday, April 15. You could win three round-trip tickets to Washington, D.C. in June. For guidelines visit KevinMcCarthy.House.gov/services/art-competition. McCarthy’s field staff has offered to receive your submissions at their April 4 office hours (see listings above).
• A Easter-themed community dinner is Saturday, April 6, 3–5 p.m. at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. It is free to all.
• Does your wardrobe need a spring boost? The ‘Let’s Live Local’ Spring Clothing Exchange is Sunday, April 7, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in PMC’s Condor Room. To donate clothes in advance (through this Sunday, March 31), call Pam at 661.242.2035 or Tara at 661.242.6901.
• A Spring Boutique is Sunday, April 7, 10 a.m.–4 p.m. at the VFW Post 9791 Hall (612 Canada Trail, Frazier Park).
• A Pine Mountain Club Job Fair will be Saturday, April 13, 2–4 p.m. in the PMC clubhouse Condor Room. Multiple local businesses will be there, and applications will be available. Bring your polished resume!
• The 2019 Sanctity of Life Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser for Vine Pregnancy Center is Sunday, April 14 at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. Doors open at 4:30 p.m. and dinner starts promptly at 5 p.m. The special guest speaker is author Joe Francis, dean of science at The Master’s College. Pre-sale tickets are $12 (at Falcon’s Nest, Nature’s Home, Your Tshirt Man and Black Coffee) or $15 at the door.
Frazier Park Library
Hours: Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Fri.-Sat. 9-5
3732 Park Drive, FP— 661-245-1267
Through April 13
IN-N-OUT COVER TO COVER — Kids, read 5 books for a free burger!
Thursday, March 28
•11 a.m.–6 p.m. Friends of Library Book Sale–Everyone is welcome (free book for each child)
•3:30 p.m. Barks & Books
Friday, March 29
•9 a.m.–5 p.m. Friends of Library Book Sale–Family Day (All are welcome; free book for each child)
•9 a.m. Color Me Happy (Coffee & coloring for adults)
Saturday, March 30
•9 a.m.–4 p.m. Friends of Library Book Sale–1/2-Price Day! (free book for each child)
Tuesday, April 2
•11:30 a.m. Storytime
•3:30 p.m. LEGO-Mania Club
•5 p.m. Logging town hall
Wed., April 3
•11 a.m. Quilting & Crafts
•3:30 p.m. Chess Club
•5 p.m. Ukulele Jam
Thursday, April 4
•Noon Eight Treasures Qigong
•3:30 p.m. Barks ‘n Books
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
10 a.m.–3 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
• Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Mountain Girls 2:30-4:30 p.m. in Pine Mountain Club; please RSVP (call or text) to 661.808.7959 for location and details.
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Park Run for Fun 8 a.m., from Frazier Mountain Park parking lot; leashed pets welcome
•Noon meditation and a brief dharma talk at Jizo Peace Center (2012 Pioneer
Way, PMC); call for information, and to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956.
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Writers’ Workshop, 1-4, Frazier Park Library.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, 5-6:30 p.m., meets at the Activity Center (log cabin), 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue, 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (805.727.6808)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours mirror Kevin McCarthy’s above: 10–11 a.m. in Frazier Park, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. in PMC.
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•AARP potluck meeting 11:45 a.m. at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 6 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (661.245.4303)
•ArtFlix at Artworks, free film series, 6:30 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV 661.858.3130
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building, 1001 Coldwater Drive
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 9 a.m. 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Last Thursday of the month
•Painting with Pam and Friends, 6 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV, $30/person. Refreshments served. Call for reservations: 661.245.3444
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the March 29, 2019 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.