For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, June 7, 2019
• Peak to Peak Mountain Charter’s ‘Driveway Drive’ fundraiser is 4–7 p.m., “on the greens” at the PMC golf course (2524 Beechwood Way) with live music, tri-tip and hamburgers, bounce houses, student talent, silent auction and opportunity drawings for lots of cool items. Free admission, or advance-purchase VIP tables that include dinner and seating for 10 to 12 guests ($250, call Julia at 818.521.8173).
Saturday, June 8, 2019
• Get your science on with Dr. Brunk’s Science Saturday, 10 a.m. at the Frazier Park library. Today, the physics of levers and balances. How does a lever increase force? What is a parallelogram balance? These answers and more as you get smart with Dr. Brunk!
• Learn about amateur radio operating with Bill Hopper, 10:15 a.m. at the Frazier Park library.
• An artists’ reception for the Wild Flower Showoff at Artworks Community Gallery is 5 p.m. (16233 Pine Valley Lane, PMV). These gatherings always sparkle with beautiful artwork and lively community interaction…and there are refreshments!
• Oso Town Council hosts a Meet the Candidates event at 6 p.m. at Neenach Market (Omstar Plaza, 22847 West Ave. D, Lancaster 93536). Snacks and sample ballots will be available. The election is Saturday, June 15, 8 a.m.–8 p.m., also at Neenach Market.
Sunday, June 9, 2019
• Lebec Community Church’s 100-year celebration begins with a service at 9:30 a.m., fellowship and food at noon and a Centennial Remembrance at 1 p.m. (2350 Lebec Rd., Lebec). See story beginning on page 12 of the print edition.
Monday, June 10, 2019
• Boys and Girls Club Summer Day Camp starts today and runs through August 2, at Frazier Park Elementary School (661.245.3139). For more on fun activities and cost, visit fp.el-tejon.k12.ca.us/b-g-club/2017-summer-program (yes, it is current despite saying 2017).
• Grandparents Parenting Children Support Group meets, 5 p.m. at the Family Resource Center (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park) in the downstairs room. All grandparents helping to raise children are welcome.
Tuesday, June 11, 2019
• Square Dancing is ‘friendship set to music,’ 7 to 9 p.m. at Cuddy Hall (335 Lakewood Dr., Lake of the Woods). It is great exercise and lots of fun. Come check it out!
Thursday, June 13, 2019
* Family Movie Night Summer Lineup kicks off with ‘Coco’ at 7 p.m. in the Pine Mountain Condor Room. Admission is free for members and guests.
• The PMC Guitar Society meets at 4 p.m. in the Pine Mountain clubhouse pool pavilion. Electric and acoustic players are welcome.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• Kids 7-12, join the Junior Rangers Club! This fun, free program begins Friday, June 14, 10–11 a.m. at the Frazier Park library (and is each Friday through the summer). The focus is on responsible recreation, outdoor safety, wildlife and environmental awareness. See story on page 10 of the print edition.
• Oso Town Council will hold their election Saturday, June 15, 8 a.m.–8 p.m., at Neenach Market (Omstar Plaza, 22847 West Ave. D, Lancaster 93536).
* Father’s Day Barbecue Picnic is Sunday, June 16, 2–5 p.m. on the patio at the PMC clubhouse. This year will feature live music by Odie Crabtree. A plate with BBQ chicken, burger or Vienna hotdog and sides is $10, with no advance purchase required.
• Public comment is being accepted on the proposed Tejon Indian Tribe Trust Acquisition and Casino Project (306 acres near Mettler, at Interstate 5 and the 99, just north of Outlets at Tejon). An Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) will analyze potential environmental consequences. See latest update on page 1, and for comment address and full overview, go to www.TejonEIS.com.
At the Frazier Park Library
Hours: Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Fri.-Sat. 9-5
3732 Park Drive, FP— 661-245-1267
Friday, June 7
•9 a.m. Color Me Happy (coffee & coloring for adults)
•Noon Game On! (Family games)
•5 p.m. Writers’ Festival
Saturday, June 8
•9 a.m. Yoga
•10 a.m. Science Saturday: Levers
•10:15 a.m. Amateur Radio Class
•11 a.m. Summer Music Festival: American Juke Box
•1 p.m. Writers on the Hill
•2 p.m. Friends of the Library mtg.
Tuesday, June 11
•11:30 a.m. Storytime
•5:30 p.m. LEGO Mania
Wed., June 12
•11 a.m. Quilting & Crafts
•3:30 p.m. Chess Club
•5 p.m. Water board meeting
•6 p.m. Frazier Park Bookworms
Thursday, June 13
•Noon Eight Treasures Qigong
•3:30 p.m. Barks ‘n Books
•6 p.m. Soils & Compost with Paul Vander Werf from CA Garden Clubs
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
10 a.m.–3 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
• Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Mountain Girls 2:30-4:30 p.m. in Pine Mountain Club; please RSVP (call or text) to 661.808.7959 for location and details.
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Park Run for Fun 8 a.m., from Frazier Mountain Park parking lot; leashed pets welcome
•Noon meditation and a brief dharma talk at Jizo Peace Center (2012 Pioneer
Way, PMC); call for information, and to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956.
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Writers’ Workshop, 1-4, Frazier Park Library.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, 5-6:30 p.m., meets at the Activity Center (log cabin), 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue, 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (805.727.6808)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours mirror Kevin McCarthy’s above: 10–11 a.m. in Frazier Park, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. in PMC.
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•AARP potluck meeting 11:45 a.m. at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 6 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (661.245.4303)
•ArtFlix at Artworks, free film series, 6:30 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV 661.858.3130
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building, 1001 Coldwater Drive
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 9 a.m. 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Last Thursday of the month
•Painting with Pam and Friends, 6 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV, $30/person. Refreshments served. Call for reservations: 661.245.3444
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the June 7, 2019 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.