For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, Oct. 4, 2019
• El Tejon Middle School parents, chat over coffee & donuts with your principal, Corey Hansen, Friday, Oct. 4, 9 a.m. in Room 3.
Saturday, Oct. 5, 2019
• Frazier Mountain High School Booster Club will have a space at the PMC Community Yard Sale (see next item), and you can bring your donations between 7–8 a.m. to the Lampkin Park basketball courts. To arrange an earlier time, call Jennifer at 661.858.3878.
• The PMC Community Yard Sale is 8 a.m.–2 p.m. on the Lampkin Park basketball courts. 10×10 spaces are free—first-come, first served.
• The PMC CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) Yard Sale is 9 a.m.–2 p.m. at the CERT building (the old fire station house, 2420 Symonds Drive, PMV).
• A Wind Wolves Preserve Volunteer Day is a wonderful family opportunity for service and fun together, Saturday, Oct. 5, 10 a.m.–1 p.m. Learn how you can help restore the land, animals and terrain of this Wildlands Conservancy preserve. For reservations and information, see link at www.MountainEnterprise.com.
Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019
• Curious about what the U.S. Forest Service does? Find out at the Condor Group of the Sierra Club, 6 p.m. in the PMC clubhouse Condor Room. On hand to discuss fire prevention, snow visitor issues, adventure passes and more will be interim acting District Ranger Adam Bromley (see story on page 3), Law Enforcement Officer Brian St. Clair and Fire Management Officer Shane Santos. All are welcome to attend.
Thursday, Oct. 10, 2019
• Calling all artists! Submit your work by today to have it featured at Artworks Community Gallery’s fundraiser art show/sale Saturday, Oct. 19, 5-7 p.m., to benefit the Mountain Communities Family Resource Center. Call 661.245.4303 to make arrangements.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• The ever-popular Old Ridge Route Driving Tour led by Ridge Route Communities Museum historian Bonnie Kane rolls around again on Saturday, Oct. 12, 10 a.m. (and lasts about three hours). Cost is $15, which includes a history map handout. For reservations call 661.245.7747. You don’t want to miss this neat event opportunity.
• The Kern County Cancer Run/Walk 2019 is Saturday, Oct. 12, 7:30–11 a.m. at Yokuts Park (4200 Empire Dr., Bakersfield). Kids 3–11 have their own jog-a-thon (sign up by Oct. 10). There will be many vendors, live music, kids’ activities, bounce houses and more. See KernCountyCancerRun.org for registration, information and jog-a-thon sponsor sheets. Survivors always run/walk for free!
• A Poker Run fundraiser for Moose Lodge #2364 is Saturday, Oct. 12. Register at 8–10 a.m. ($25 any vehicle, $10 for each added rider) at Frazier Park Lodge (6941 Lockwood Valley Road). Motorcycles, cars and trucks may enter. Last bike/vehicle in by 4 p.m. A great barbecue dinner is included. Moose Lodge proceeds are shared with local charities. For information call 661.245.1630. See ad on page 10 of the print edition.
• Do you love the Holiday Faire? This Frazier Park tradition is produced by the Mountain Memories Association. Be part of it! Come to a planning meeting, get to know your neighbors, have fun and share your ideas, Sunday, Oct. 13, 5:30 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s Cave. All are welcome. Meetings will be every other week—Oct. 27, Nov. 3, Nov. 10, Nov. 17 and Nov 24.
* A Flu Shot Clinic is Wednesday, Oct. 16, 1-3 p.m. at Pine Mountain Club’s Condor Lounge. The shots are $9, cash only.
* Do you have questions about Medicare? A special meeting on the topic is Thursday, Oct. 17, 2 p.m. at Pine Mountain Club’s Condor Room.
• Get your enchantment on: Starry Starry Night at El Tejon School means stargazing with telescopes, Friday, Oct. 18, 5-10 p.m. in the 5/6 yard area (4337 Lebec Road, Lebec).
• A Free Community Dinner and warm clothing giveaway is Saturday, Oct. 19, 3–5 p.m. at Frazier Mountain Park Community Center.
• An Alzheimer’s Association Caregivers Support Meeting is Tuesday, Oct. 22, 10:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m. at the Family Resource Center, Room 102 (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For more information, call 661.912.3053. These meetings are on the third Tuesday of each month.
• Frazier Mountain High School Homecoming is Friday, Oct. 25. The parade starts at 6:30 p.m., and the game against Riverdale Christian kicks off at 7 p.m. The king and queen will be crowned at halftime. It’s always a fun night filled with spirit, fun and excitement.
At the Frazier Park Library
Hours: Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Fri.-Sat. 9-5
3732 Park Drive, FP— 661-245-1267
One Book Project runs Sept.–Oct.: The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba
(One Book Coloring Station Theme: Wind)
Friday, Oct. 4
•9 a.m. Color Me Happy (Adult coloring and coffee)
Saturday, Oct. 5
•9 a.m. Yoga
•10:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. Amateur radio class with Bill Hopper
•1 p.m. Writers on the Hill workshop
Tuesday, Oct. 8
•11:30 a.m. Storytime
•5:30 p.m. LEGO Club
Wednesday, Oct. 9
•11 a.m. Quilting & Other Crafts
•3:30 p.m. Chess Club
•4 p.m. Teen planning meeting for ‘Your Library Is Haunted’
•5:30 p.m. Frazier Park Bookworms
Thursday, Oct. 10
•Noon Eight Treasures Qigong
•6 p.m. Soils & Composting
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
10 a.m.–3 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
• Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Mountain Girls 2:30-4:30 p.m. in Pine Mountain Club; please RSVP (call or text) to 661.808.7959 for location and details.
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Park Run for Fun 8 a.m., from Frazier Mountain Park parking lot; leashed pets welcome
•Noon meditation and a brief dharma talk at Jizo Peace Center (2012 Pioneer
Way, PMC); call for information, and to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956.
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Writers’ Workshop, 1-4, Frazier Park Library.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, 5-6:30 p.m., meets at the Activity Center (log cabin), 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue, 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (805.727.6808)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours mirror Kevin McCarthy’s above: 10–11 a.m. in Frazier Park, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. in PMC.
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•AARP potluck meeting 11:45 a.m. at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 6 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (661.245.4303)
•ArtFlix at Artworks, free film series, 6:30 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV 661.858.3130
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building, 1001 Coldwater Drive
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 9 a.m. 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Last Thursday of the month
•Painting with Pam and Friends, 6 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV, $30/person. Refreshments served. Call for reservations: 661.245.3444
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the October 4, 2019 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.