For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Saturday, Nov. 9, 2019
• Coffee with a Cop is 9–11 a.m at Falcon’s Nest (3216 Mt. Pinos Way, Frazier Park). Come enjoy free coffee and conversation in this informal setting to discuss community issues, have coffee and build relationships. Officers from California Highway Patrol Fort Tejon Office will address questions and concerns that may be on your mind. All community members are invited. See story on page 8 of the print edition.
• The Fentanyl Warrior author Elisa Christensen gives a free talk at Adventure Ink Bookstore, 2 p.m. (16218 Mil Potrero Hwy. #101, facing the road, one building west of The Perch). She says it will be a “deep dive” into addiction, with a bit of brain science thrown in.
Sunday, Nov. 10, 2019
• The ‘Let’s Live Local’ Winter Clothing Exchange is 10 a.m.–3 p.m. in the Condor Room of the Pine Mountain clubhouse. It’s all free, and all are welcome. To donate clothes in advance, call Pam at 661.242.2035 or Tara at 661.242.6901.
• Join in the Holiday Faire and Festival of Lights planning meeting, 5:30 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s Pizza (3620 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). The big event is coming up soon (Dec. 7), and you are needed! Another meeting will be same day and time next week, Nov. 17. Bring the family, bring your creative ideas, get to know your neighbors and help make this beloved Frazier Park tradition a great success. See page 10 of the print edition.
Monday, Nov. 11, 2019
• Veterans Day is a public holiday, observed today by ETUSD, Peak to Peak Mountain Charter and Gorman Elementary schools.
• A Community Veterans Day celebration is 11 a.m. at the Prosser Memorial in Frazier Mountain Park. VFW Post 9791 hosts the event.
Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2019
• Senior Sack provides healthy food staples from 10 a.m.–noon at Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. Eligible recipients (with an annual income below $15,000) register once for $2, then you can pick up fresh fruits, veggies, boxed and canned food twice a month (2nd and 4th Wednesdays). Learn more about the Golden Empire Gleaners program at www.goldenempiregleaners.com/senior-sack.
Thursday, Nov. 14, 2019
•Keep Your CyberSurfing Kids Safe on the Internet—Internet Safety Training for Parents is 5 p.m., by Kern County Sherff’s deputies at the El Tejon School gym. Open to all community, from all schools, charters and homeschoolers! Sensitive info, so please leave small ones at home. Some day care is available. Watch for TME news story next week— and plan to be there.
• A public hearing about the proposed Grapevine Specific and Community Plan by Tejon Ranchcorp will be held Thursday, Nov. 14, 7 p.m., by the Kern County Planning Commission at Board of Supervisors Chambers (First Floor, 1115 Truxtun Ave., at ‘N,’ Bakersfield).
Ongoing and Upcoming
• Resident Passes Have Arrived! Ease the stress of winter driving. Get your Winter Resident Pass so when CHP blocks snow visitors with chain checks, you can sail right through. $5—Mountain Community Chamber of Commerce prints these, available at The Mountain Enterprise and Ace Hardware in Frazier Park; BaseCamp in Pine Mtn Village and elsewhere. See story in next week’s TME. Bring proof of residence.
• A ‘Dragoon Run’ 5K Run/Walk is Saturday, Nov. 16, 9 a.m. (8 a.m. check-in), hosted by the Fort Tejon Historical Association. Participants will enjoy the beautiful Fort Tejon Historic Park as they run or walk the route. Proceeds help preserve the park and its history. Registration fees are $25 for adults, $15 for children 7–17, and you can find a link to register at www.MountainEnterprise.com.
• Thanksgiving holiday break is Monday through Friday, Nov. 25–29, for all El Tejon Unified, Gorman Elementary and Peak to Peak Mountain Charter school students. Classes will resume on Monday, Dec. 2.
* The Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony in PMC is Friday, Nov. 29. It starts with hot chocolate and Christmas cookies in the clubhouse parking lot at 5:45 p.m. Join in the caroling fun and experience the thrill of holiday lights popping on.
• Frazier Mountain Little League Early-Bird registration is available in Pine Mountain Club Friday, Nov. 29, 5–7 p.m. at Basecamp (16311 Askin Dr., PMV) and in Frazier Park Saturday, Nov. 30, 12–6 p.m. at the Holiday Faire. See ad in next week’s paper for more dates in December.
At the Frazier Park Library
Hours: Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Fri.-Sat. 9-5
3732 Park Drive, FP— 661-245-1267
Friday, Nov. 8
•9 a.m. Color Me Happy (Adult coloring and coffee)
Saturday, Nov. 9
•9 a.m. Yoga
•10 a.m. Science Saturday
•2 p.m. Friends of the Library meeting
•3-4 p.m. Breast Cancer Support grp.
Tuesday, Nov. 12
•11:30 a.m. Storytime
•5:30 p.m. LEGO Club
Wed., Nov. 13
•11 a.m. Quilting & Other Crafts
•3:30 p.m. Chess Club
•5:30 p.m. Frazier Park Bookworms
Thursday, Nov. 14
•Noon 8 Treasures Qigong
•6 p.m. Soils & Composting
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
10 a.m.–3 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
• Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Mountain Girls 2:30-4:30 p.m. in Pine Mountain Club; please RSVP (call or text) to 661.808.7959 for location and details.
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Park Run for Fun 8 a.m., from Frazier Mountain Park parking lot; leashed pets welcome
•Noon meditation and a brief dharma talk at Jizo Peace Center (2012 Pioneer
Way, PMC); call for information, and to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956.
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Writers’ Workshop, 1-4, Frazier Park Library.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, 5-6:30 p.m., meets at the Activity Center (log cabin), 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue, 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (805.727.6808)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours mirror Kevin McCarthy’s above: 10–11 a.m. in Frazier Park, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. in PMC.
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•AARP potluck meeting 11:45 a.m. at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 6 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (661.245.4303)
•ArtFlix at Artworks, free film series, 6:30 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV 661.858.3130
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building, 1001 Coldwater Drive
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 9 a.m. 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Last Thursday of the month
•Painting with Pam and Friends, 6 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV, $30/person. Refreshments served. Call for reservations: 661.245.3444
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the November 8, 2019 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.